Quote Originally Posted by All Net
In two series yeah...but he had many great ones too.

2011 when he was terrible and 2010 when people say he quit...but he isn't the only one to of done that.

The fact his team were favoured in the first place was a joke considering the rosters he had in Cleveland.
As I said earlier in this thread, his 2007 finals are a positive. That playoff run was ****ing awesome and that's why his teams were favoured the years after. He reached the finals already with this team, they added few veterans, had 60 win seasons and then lost every year. Personally I thought they'd make it in '10 and I don't follow the us-media as much as americans (can) do. So it was more or less my personal feeling and not a media driven expectation. For me the Cavs were the favourites in the east and I think they would've won versus the Lakers.

Once I started lurking here and saw pics, i found out espn and other outlets expected the Cavs to win more or less unanimously it proved my point.

In '11 they were the favourites and it was reasonable. They needed time to gel, but they dominated the east playoffs.
I called Dallas winning by the CFs, if they don't meet the Bulls. People on my "home blacktop" called me insane by that time. I didn't expect James to choke that much, but I thought Dallas was a bad mismatch for the Heat(Chandler and Marion as D-players and a real scoring threat in the front court - I felt Bosh was underutilized throughout the season - capable guards etcetc..).

Media again expected the Heat to win.
So twice the were favourites, doesn't matter how bad the team makeup was, and lost.

In '09 he couldn't do anything. The Magic had a once in a lifetime series. Although the Cavs were expected to win their weakness against inside-out teams were exposed quickly and no blame was put on Lebron. That series basically was a "young Jordan losing effort", comparable to the aforementioned Celtics series.

TBH I can't remember what happened '08 so I doubt it was that bad.