Local High School Star

Default Draft or trade ?

So I posted the "mocks" on a thread.

I guess the question is :

1) Draft and keep ?

2) Trade the pick (or some combo of the 3 picks in 15/16) for a player ?

---

If you trade ~ what do you trade for ?

Decent college freshman Dr.Funk's Avatar

Default Re: Draft or trade ?

Trade.

Hopefully in a package for an upgrade at SF.

3) Both

A team like Toronto needs to explore all options.

Riggin' for Wiggins! Chamberlain's Avatar

It really depends on what Masai is planning for this roster. If he thinks he already has his core, make a trade for a vet. If not, he'll probably draft.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

I think they draft.
    My free agent plan would be to bring in Cory Joseph.
    If kevin love opts in I think the raps will put major pressure on Cleveland to go after Tristan Thompson. With Verejoe coming back the cavs could have three front court players. Andy V does a lot of the same things that Thompson does. Cavs might not bite the bullet.

Riggin' for Wiggins! Chamberlain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barkleynash
    I think they draft.
    My free agent plan would be to bring in Cory Joseph.
    If kevin love opts in I think the raps will put major pressure on Cleveland to go after Tristan Thompson. With Verejoe coming back the cavs could have three front court players. Andy V does a lot of the same things that Thompson does. Cavs might not bite the bullet.

Anderson Varajao may never step foot on a basketball court again.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Ya, andy V might not be the same player, but he is under contract for a pretty good paycheck.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by barkleynash
    snip
    .... the raps will put major pressure on Cleveland to go after Tristan Thompson.
    LOL BKNH

I actually agree with you except the fact that they draft and keep.

I think if you do a deal with LBron ...ooops the management in Cleveland.. you throw in the 20 for the RFA rights on TT.

I think and hope the Raps make a push for TT.

I hope Masai doesn't overpay for Canadian players. TT is very overrated, he just fits nicely in his role as offensive rebounder; he can't play excellent defence and he's a black hole on the offence. Getting him as an RFA would mean severe over payment for a above average player at best.

Cory Joseph I like and I see as a need because of his excellent defence. He may come cheap too because the Spurs need to pay Kawhi.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by kmart
    I hope Masai doesn't overpay for Canadian players. TT is very overrated, he just fits nicely in his role as offensive rebounder; he can't play excellent defence and he's a black hole on the offence. Getting him as an RFA would mean severe over payment for a above average player at best.
    Interesting take.

I agree I don't want them to over pay ; but I obviously have a different opinion of TT than you.

In fact I see him as Amir+ The anti Patterson or stretch big.

TT doesn't take a ton of long range mid range shots. He has developed left and right hand shooting ability to knock back from the paint. He does Rebound as you noted rather well. Hi motor.

I think a player like TT actually makes a player like Val more effective. Youth and energy to supplement Amir's falling productivity.

However its hard to argue with Cory Joesph etc... and I wont.

I would only say that I think TT is a target for Toronto. The 20th pick plus cash and/or 2nd rounders in the future would be about correct. TT was a mid late 1st rounder himself ?? No ??

Quote Originally Posted by Jballer
    Interesting take.

I agree I don't want them to over pay ; but I obviously have a different opinion of TT than you.

In fact I see him as Amir+ The anti Patterson or stretch big.

TT doesn't take a ton of long range mid range shots. He has developed left and right hand shooting ability to knock back from the paint. He does Rebound as you noted rather well. Hi motor.

I think a player like TT actually makes a player like Val more effective. Youth and energy to supplement Amir's falling productivity.

However its hard to argue with Cory Joesph etc... and I wont.

I would only say that I think TT is a target for Toronto. The 20th pick plus cash and/or 2nd rounders in the future would be about correct. TT was a mid late 1st rounder himself ?? No ??
    Good points on Patman and Amir, but to me Val refuses to take his jump shots and would rather work in the painted area. This likely means a non-fit with Val, unless Val starts taking more mid range shots, which he's not a mid range shooter.

The spacing on the floor when TT and Val are on the court together would be a nighmare for DD to get his FTA.

TT was the 4th overall pick in his draft, selected on pick ahead of Val.

Again, I think TT can be had in RFA, but for an overpayment, so I wouldn't bother trading a asset for him. Plus I think Masai really values having young guys at the end of the bench (ie. Bruno and Bebe)