Thread: I'm back!

Local High School Star alexthegod's Avatar

Default I'm back!

Sup everyone!

After a long hiatus from the message board, I am back. Just wanted to give a shout out to all the Laker peeps say whats up and drop a few comments:

After suffering through the Dumbtoni era, I fee Laker basketball is back on track. Yeah it sucks to have to rebuild, but at least the moves are starting to make some sense. Some of my random thoughts:

1. Marshmellow Anthony: Really glad he didnt sign, I dont feel he's the guy to build my franchise around.
    2. Lin Trade: great move. Gives the Lakers a solid combo guard on a one year deal along with a draft pick.
    3. Boozer: Another nice move. They need veteran bodies that can eat up minutes and groom some of the youngsters along with Kobe. 3.2 mil is a bargin and again on a one year deal.
    4. Julius Randle: It looks like this might be Odom 2.0...minus the Kardasians lol. I love his motor
    5.Kendal Marshall: This one I dont get. They waive him when hes on a two year min salary deal, with the second year a team option. But they are interested in bringing him back with a better contract? Isnt this pretty much a min one year deal? Maybe they dont want it guaranteed.
    6. Byron Scott: I like this move and I hope they are patient with him. Its not done yet, but I expect it soon.

The roster is shaping up, here is what I see is pretty much your 2014 Lakers.

PG: Lin, Nash
    SG:Kobe, Clarkson
    SF: Young, Henry, Johnson (edited)
    PF: Boozer, Randle, Hill, Kelly (now signed)
    C: Sacre, Davis

Unfortunately the Lakers are stuck in the middle now. Not good enough to make noise IF they make the playoffs, and not crappy enough to get a high draft pick.

Lets see what kind of magic Mitch can work during the year. The Lakers have some tradable pieces now and I expect nothing less than a miracle Mitch lol!

I'm looking forward to the season to see what the youngsters like Randle and Clarkson can do as well as seeing some new faces like Boozer, Lin, and Davis on a regular basis.

Let the rebuild begin!
    Last edited by alexthegod; 07-19-2014 at 02:19 PM.

shhhhhhh

Default Re: I'm back!

Kelley has signed this afternoon along with Wesley Johnson

good seeing you post again.. not that I'm here too often but none the less

Home of the 16

Holy crap, it's been 3 or 4 years. Welcome back!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Holy crap, it's been 3 or 4 years. Welcome back!!!!!!!
    Yeah its been a while for sure!

I forgot to mention, what the hell was Stan Van Gundy thinking giving meek s 3yrs/19 mil? hes a nice shooter and has improved his attack driving to the basket, but his defense is just awful!

Another note, apparently the Lakers needed to waive Marshall to get a little more cap room to sign Young.

Thanks for the updates GTS

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Kelley has signed this afternoon along with Wesley Johnson

good seeing you post again.. not that I'm here too often but none the less
    Im good with bringing back Wes Johnson, they needed another body to fill minutes at the 3. I prefer Nick Young off the benck instead of starting.

Quote Originally Posted by alexthegod
    Im good with bringing back Wes Johnson, they needed another body to fill minutes at the 3. I prefer Nick Young off the benck instead of starting.
    Welcome back man.

You and I posted around the same time, then you kinda disappeared, then you know.

I like the idea of wes johnson starting because he doesn't need the ball. Not to say he's as good as ariza, but he's similar in the sense that he can clean up messes. He's a good secondary defender.

Like other role players that come here with potential, I would ask him to perfect his mid-range and three point game, and immediately watch how better this team is just by having that consistent floor-spreader. His athleticism doesn't hurt us either.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    Welcome back man.

You and I posted around the same time, then you kinda disappeared, then you know.

I like the idea of wes johnson starting because he doesn't need the ball. Not to say he's as good as ariza, but he's similar in the sense that he can clean up messes. He's a good secondary defender.

Like other role players that come here with potential, I would ask him to perfect his mid-range and three point game, and immediately watch how better this team is just by having that consistent floor-spreader. His athleticism doesn't hurt us either.
    Thanks for the welcome back my friend! good to see you and the rest of the gang still here.

Ariza wasnt worth the long term deal at 8-9 mil per, so yeah, I agree Wes is a budget option and I like your points on ways for him to improve. It will be interesting to see if Wes can improve along with Henry and Kelly. If nothing else Wes brings a nice athletic wing can do a few things off the bench.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Byron Scott is our coach?

Welcome back!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    Byron Scott is our coach?

Welcome back!!!!

SoCal, what up man!

Well its not official yet, but I can't see anyone else getting that job at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by alexthegod
    Well its not official yet, but I can't see anyone else getting that job at this point.
    While I agree with you, strange things have been happening in LakerLand lately...

You never know.. Mike 3.0 aka Mike Dunleavy might swoop in on his broom at the last minute and get the job

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    You never know.. Mike 3.0 aka Mike Dunleavy might swoop in on his broom at the last minute and get the job
    that's not nice to say!!!