Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314
    Fantasy Forum Mod haterofhaters's Avatar

Default Re: Yao feels iffy on Artest trade. And Artest responds to it

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    nn
    I pretty much called that earlier in this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by haterofhaters
    I'm not the interviewer but I can almost guarantee that they probably asked him pointed questions. Like "does the fact that he went into the stands influence your opinion about what you think of him?" and different things like that. I'd kind of have to see the interview myself, his maneurisms, what questions he was asked, and his tone when answering the questions. The media likes to take things out of context and blow them out of proportion to get a story. And you know a loose cannon like Ron is gonna respond.

Quote Originally Posted by haterofhaters
    I pretty much called that earlier in this thread:
    yup, anyone who has ever watched a yao interview knows that hes often joking around. i dont think he has ever said a disparaging thing about another nba player, not even about shaq when shaq made his ching chong remarks to yao. its hard to detect sarcasm or subtle jokes when you read them in print. i bet if we saw the interview on video, yao was probably smiling when he made his brawl comment.

In true Ron-Ron (or is that Bill-Bill?) fashion, he didn't take long to change his stance in the latest mini-drama.
    After our conversation this afternoon in which he was clearly not thrilled with the comments made by Yao Ming, he went on with KHTK's Carmichael Dave this evening and reported that the issue has been resolved.

Among the relevant revelations...

* Artest said Yao called to clear up the matter and proclaimed himself "a Yao Ming soldier babyyyyyy!."

* He admitted that Yao's comments regarding the brawl "hit me in the soft spot when I read that."

* He said he's even considering a trip to China support Yao with Team China, then quickly made it clear that he is rooting for Team USA for the gold.

* Asked if there was anything he would change about his time in Sacramento, Artest said he would have found a way to convince the Kings to re-sign Rick Adelman.
    "I wish I would have know that Rick was leaving, because I would've intercepted that phone call with a missile from Korea," he said with a laugh. "I'd be like, 'Hold on, let's work it out.'"

POINTS TO PONDER

* Assuming Artest's comments on Wednesday don't undo the deal, let's move ahead to Rockets locker room speculation.

No one expects Tracy McGrady or Yao Ming to be the ones willing to stand up to Artest, but don't be surprised if Rafer Alston occasionally plays that role. Not only do Ron and Rafer go all the way back to their shared New York upbringing, but Alston was possibly the most outspoken critic among his colleagues after the 2004 brawl.

For an interesting look back, read this piece here.

* While talking to Artest today, he retold the story about how he found out he was traded while making an appearance on the "Scott Ferrall Show" on Sirius XM radio.
    artest found out he got traded over the radio

Here's the transcript from the show on Tuesday night, as provided by the XM folks...

Ferrall: "Yo, Ronnie, it's Ferrall."

Artest: "What's going on, man? How's everything?"

Ferrall: "What's up, Money? Now listen, can you believe that you got traded tonight while you were filling it up for 42 points at that thing in the city tonight? When did you find out that you got dealt, afterwards when you picked up your cell phone?"

Artest: "What are you talking about, what are you talking about right now? I got traded?"

Ferrall: "You got traded tonight to the Houston Rockets, brother, for Bobby Jackson. You're going to be playing with Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady."

Artest: "I didn't know that."

Ferrall: "I swear to god."

Artest: "I just came from the game and went to get something to eat. I turned my phone off and I told my boy I was going to call [into the show] because it was your birthday. I didn't know that. I got to call [my agent] and find out. I've got to find out."

Ferrall then read a portion of the Houston Chronicle report on the trade to Artest.

Ferrall: "What do you think, man? How do you feel about that? I hope I didn't bum you out."

Artest: "Nah, man, everything is good. I am going to call my agent in a little bit. But man, it's your birthday, man."
    http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...4225.html#more