Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-11-2018, 10:42 PM   #16
90sgoat
There can only be one

Default Re: Only people that never saw MJ think Lebron is #2 or #3

I just voted and ranked Lebron at 14th.
90sgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:49 PM   #17
warriorfan
Itís gonna be easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwillball
Amazing people still canít appreciate him as best player in world 16 years in what he is doing at 34 going out west taking bunch of wet behind ears newbs to top 5 seed is impressive..

Should be we impressed when lebron beat a bunch of wet behind the ear kids in a lockout season in 2012?
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:50 PM   #18
SamuraiSWISH
For the Culture

No ...

Baby Boomers
Gen X
Millenials 1980 - 1996 (most of them at least)

All have MJ at one, LeBron in top ten, a lot have him in the top five.

It’s Generation Z that didn’t see any of Jordan, being born in the late 90s to early 2000s, nor even seeing prime Kobe that talk shit about Bryant relentlessly and think Jordan as GOAT is some hoax.

And obviously have LeJourneyman aka Mr. 3/9 as GOAT.
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:52 PM   #19
StrongLurk
Buzz City

...Is OP saying he has Lebron and Kobe BOTH outside of the top 10?

Wow, I know Ego is dumb, but I am actually amazed at just how dumb he is, along with superduper and Kenneth.

Throw in Manny98 and hit ALTs as well.

Seriously what is wrong with you people?
StrongLurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:53 PM   #20
90sgoat
There can only be one

It's also telling that boomers, genx and millennials have Bird ranked in top 5, while in total rank he is ranked 9.

Honestly Bird is at least top 3.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:04 PM   #21
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
No ...

Baby Boomers
Gen X
Millenials 1980 - 1996 (most of them at least)

All have MJ at one, LeBron in top ten, a lot have him in the top five.

It’s Generation Z that didn’t see any of Jordan, being born in the late 90s to early 2000s, nor even seeing prime Kobe that talk shit about Bryant relentlessly and think Jordan as GOAT is some hoax.

And obviously have LeJourneyman aka Mr. 3/9 as GOAT.

No. Based on the link I provided the only people who have Lebron in top 5 are gen Z. Do a sort by the age and see for yourself.

Baby Boomers have LeBron at 12.
Gen X have LeBron at 11.
Millenials have LeBron at 7.

This isn't some ISH poll, this is 60k voters voting on who the top 10 are and no generation has LeBron in top 5 other than gen Z. There is no poll more accurate than this one because it actually takes viewing experience into account instead of making a random top 10 list that all ages vote on.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:23 PM   #22
StrongLurk
Buzz City

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
No. Based on the link I provided the only people who have Lebron in top 5 are gen Z. Do a sort by the age and see for yourself.

Baby Boomers have LeBron at 12.
Gen X have LeBron at 11.
Millenials have LeBron at 7.

This isn't some ISH poll, this is 60k voters voting on who the top 10 are and no generation has LeBron in top 5 other than gen Z. There is no poll more accurate than this one because it actually takes viewing experience into account instead of making a random top 10 list that all ages vote on.

I clicked on the link and it shows Lebron listed as top 4 all-time...so what are we even talking about here?

That random internet polls like this are unreliable?
Old 12-11-2018, 11:30 PM   #23
sdot_thadon
National High School Star

Yeah cause the basketball masses all go to a site with a supersmash bros. poll on the front page for their hardcore basketball content.
sdot_thadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:31 PM   #24
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongLurk
I clicked on the link and it shows Lebron listed as top 4 all-time...so what are we even talking about here?

That random internet polls like this are unreliable?

Over 60k votes and being able to show how a specific generation voted makes it more reliable than any link you will ever provide. I know you are triggered, but just accept it.

You are looking at LBJ's ranking when taking all generations into account. He is ranked #4 because it includes votes from gen Z raising up that high on the overall summation of votes. Do I need to make a screen shot of the poll and show you where to click so that you can see how the different generations voted or are you capable of doing that without guidance?

What's great is how the owners of the website are too embarrassed by Gen-Z voting even offer an option to show just that generation's votes. You know LeBron would be #2 or #3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
Yeah cause the basketball masses all go to a site with a supersmash bros. poll on the front page for their hardcore basketball content.

Until you provide a link to a poll that can sort by generation to eliminate gen Z votes based on limited viewing experience, this link stands as the #1 accurate source of ranking NBA players all time. Just accept what the generations voted on as majority and stop getting triggered by it with weak attempts to discredit the poll.

Last edited by egokiller : 12-11-2018 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:45 AM   #25
StrongLurk
Buzz City

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
Over 60k votes and being able to show how a specific generation voted makes it more reliable than any link you will ever provide. I know you are triggered, but just accept it.

You are looking at LBJ's ranking when taking all generations into account. He is ranked #4 because it includes votes from gen Z raising up that high on the overall summation of votes. Do I need to make a screen shot of the poll and show you where to click so that you can see how the different generations voted or are you capable of doing that without guidance?

What's great is how the owners of the website are too embarrassed by Gen-Z voting even offer an option to show just that generation's votes. You know LeBron would be #2 or #3.

Until you provide a link to a poll that can sort by generation to eliminate gen Z votes based on limited viewing experience, this link stands as the #1 accurate source of ranking NBA players all time. Just accept what the generations voted on as majority and stop getting triggered by it with weak attempts to discredit the poll.

You are clearly the one who was triggered by this poll.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:31 PM   #26
baudkarma
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

I saw MJ play. I saw Magic and Bird play. Hell, I saw Wilt play. I have LeBron #2 behind Jordan.
baudkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:23 PM   #27
Bigrichmac
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sgoat
It's also telling that boomers, genx and millennials have Bird ranked in top 5, while in total rank he is ranked 9.

Honestly Bird is at least top 3.
Before Jordan, there was talk of bird becoming GOAT. I got him #2 behind MJ.
Bigrichmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #28
90sgoat
There can only be one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrichmac
Before Jordan, there was talk of bird becoming GOAT. I got him #2 behind MJ.

Good call.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:41 PM   #29
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Quote:
Originally Posted by baudkarma
I saw MJ play. I saw Magic and Bird play. Hell, I saw Wilt play. I have LeBron #2 behind Jordan.

That's fine. Just know that of 60k some voters, a majority of your generation has LeBron at #11 according to the poll. We don't get to pretend what people think, we can only look at the poll and accept reality and the reality is that certain people are triggered by LeBron being #11, and every generation voting for MJ at #1.

If someone wants Bird at #2 behind MJ, I won't argue that is wrong... but we can't just pretend that a majority of gen X that voted doesn't have Bird at #2.

It's the same thing about when people complain about the present state of things in the US. Look around you. It's what the majority of people WANT. If they didn't, things would be different instead of people sitting around not making the change.

There's no point in getting triggered by majority opinion. It is what it is. Baby Boomers and Gen X have a majority of votes with LeBron NOT in the top 10. So be it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: