Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old Yesterday, 02:38 AM   #691
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: 2018-19 regular season. Time to live up to the hype!

http://saltcityhoops.com/stout-jazz-...n-102-97-loss/

Quote:
If these three players are going to make fewer than half their attempts at the rim, Utah’s offense is broken and unfixable. Rubio and Exum simply aren’t guarded as their defenders hug the paint eager to help with impunity. That leaves four offensive players against five defenders. Mitchell faces two and three bodies whenever he penetrates and so gets suckered into the pull-up threes that are killing his efficiency. Gobert and Derrick Favors can’t roll to the rim because the lane is choked with bodies, which restricts their field goal attempts. And Utah’s defense can’t build walls against fast breaks because ball handlers are turning the ball over and missing easy shots while stuck on the baseline. Opponents are sprinting back up court before a Jazz small even gathers himself at the far end of the court.

Neto

Quote:
It’s this type of game where the Jazz really miss Alec Burks, that second player who can create his own shot and finish both at the rim and beyond the arc. Korver’s shooting is valuable, but the Jazz need a second player who Quin Snyder can give the ball to and expect him to generate his own points. There’s a serious question whether that player is on this roster, even in potential.

too bad coty didn't like him
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:44 AM   #692
Xiao Yao You

Quote:
Donovan Mitchell: Gotta love the Twitter GM’s and Twitter coaches 😂😂🤦🏾*♂️🤦🏾*♂️ – via Twitter spidadmitchell

Too bad they aren't as smart as coty.
Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM   #693
Xiao Yao You

https://www.ksl.com/article/46450826...h-james-harden

Quote:
“You want me to get fined, huh?” Rubio said.

I just want you to go away
Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM   #694
Xiao Yao You

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ive-games.html

Quote:
forgetyourself-Layton, UT
Utah needs a real PG not 2 two gaurds. Are playing is sloppy guys are getting frustrated by lack of ball movement. Quin has no say in his roster or he has lost his team's respect.
Changes need to be made....
LESS

Quin has plenty of say. The offense would be better with Neto and Niang playing. Niang doesn't even dress because Allen went to Duke. He should be with the Stars until he proves otherwise. Favors should be Rudy's back-up nothing more. Rubio and Exum shouldn't be playing. Burks is gone because of Quin
Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM   #695
Xiao Yao You

https://www.slcdunk.com/the-downbeat...s-trade-rumors

Quote:
The end was absolutely messy. But Deron Williams was one of my favorite Jazzmen of all time. I’m glad he’s starting to be truly forgiven and is actually highlighted by the Jazz as ever playing in Utah. I don’t know if he’ll ever play a role for the Jazz, but worst case scenario hopefully he can be a good reference for people considering signing here.

Worst case is his number needs to go up

Quote:
The Jazz take some of the most open 3’s in the league. But they are in the bottom 10 in terms of open 3 point percentage. Will that eventually trend in the right direction, or are the Jazz open for a reason? I think there’s a case to be made for both situations.
There's only one case to be made and it's not because of Snyder's brilliance that they are open Thabo was the best shooter on the floor at one point last night!

Quote:
Rubio is not a good fit for our team. He is wildly inconsistent and turns the ball over way too much. We could use a more scoring oriented guard like Kemba or Dame. If we had scoring from both guards we could afford to keep Favors at PF.

But it seems Rubio is always safe.

Posted by Matt_Grbac on Dec 18, 2018 | 7:51 AM

The fact that anyone ever thought Rubio fit is the most concerning thing. Favors needs to go regardless though
Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM   #696
Xiao Yao You

https://www.slcdunk.com/2018/12/17/1...angelo-russell

Quote:
Were the Jazz to try to trade for Russell, they could go a few different routes. They could try to swap expiring deals. In this one, we get Russell and the Junkyard Dog (DeMarre Carroll), and they get Rubio, Thabo, and Royce O'Neale. The Nets likely only do this if they think Russell is for sure leaving, and they like O'Neale. The Jazz would probably have to add a lottery protected first round pick.

No thanks. Never been impressed with him.

Quote:
The last option is one that I can't do on the trade machine because Exum is not able to be traded yet. Exum for Russell and any one of their many players on 1-2 MIL deals would work financially. The Jazz would definitely have to package a first rounder with this, but Brooklyn may want to roll the dice on Exum if they don't think Russell will stay.

sure. Teams are lining up for Exum!
Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM   #697
Xiao Yao You

https://www.slcdunk.com/2018/12/17/1...y-gobert-block

Quote:
Not only was Rudy a stout defensive presence, but Ricky Rubio and Royce O’Neale had impressive nights as well. Both were assigned to guard Houston’s best players, and both did about as good a job as any other player could under the league’s new “freedom of movement” rules. Royce O’Neale had one of his first impactful games of this season. He shot 66.7% from the field and 50% on two 3pt attempts. His tough defense on James Harden kept this game close throughout the fourth quarter.

I was impressed by Rubio's 7 turnovers

Quote:
As mentioned earlier, Royce O’Neale had one of his first solid games of the season. The question now is, can Royce be a consistent net positive for this team? The Jazz could use a skilled 3-and-D player right about now, especially one who can make open shots.

Been playing well for a while now

Quote:
Just caught the last 5 mins.
Why was Exum not replaced into Rubio in the last minutes when Harden was destroying the Jazz?

Posted by manila ice on Dec 18, 2018 | 12:04 AM

Why do either play at all?

Quote:
Freedom of movement
Ok, so I always lurk. I very rarely post. I submit that freedom of movement is the Jazz’s problem. The rest of the league when we play them gets this new freedom of movement. Which they enjoy because our defense cannot be as effective as in Prior year. When I watch the games the Jazz are getting no such freedom of movement calls against then every pic every roll the opponent’s bodies are all over stopping our freedom of movement which clogs are open looks and effects everybody’s effectiveness.

Posted by xyz007zone on Dec 18, 2018 | 3:37 AM

Other teams have spacing.
Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM   #698
Xiao Yao You

Quote:
“I’m not a gunner,” Hood told cleveland.com when asked about others telling him to be more aggressive. “I think it’s not great for our team for me to be a gunner. We have a lot of guys who can score the ball. I draw attention so when I draw attention make the dump-off pass and make the right play, spray out to shooters and some nights we hit shots and it’s great and some nights we don’t hit shots and it’s like, ‘You need to shoot the ball more.’ – via Cleveland Plain Dealer

Hood the passer!

Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM   #699
Xiao Yao You

https://www.ksl.com/article/46451295...-jabari-parker

Quote:
The hard part becomes which pieces the Jazz would move to acquire Parker and how he’d actually fit on this roster.

Plenty of pieces that could move no problem. What would the Bulls take though?

Quote:
The good news is Dennis Lindsey and the Jazz front office designed this season's roster to have several expiring contracts either come off the books in the summer of 2019 or to be moved in deals like this one for Parker. Derrick Favors, Ricky Rubio, Thabo Sefolosha, Kyle Korver, Ekpe Udoh, Georges Niang, and Royce O’Neale are either expiring or have team options.

Neto who they might take. Exum would be the piece to unload though if they were stupid enough to want him and of course Favors and Rubio and the guys that Quin doesn't like anyway

Quote:
In the case of Parker, the Jazz could send out Favors, Udoh and Niang in return for Parker, or combine Favors and Sefolosha in return for Parker. And that’s using only expiring contracts — the variations grow exponentially if the Jazz were willing to add players under longer contracts to the mix. Essentially, finding the pieces to match Parker’s $20 million salary wouldn’t be much of an obstacle.

The Bulls aren't going to want just expiring contracts though. Would have to be something they might want past this year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: