Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-05-2018, 07:55 PM   #46
Vino24
Blunt stuntin’

Default Re: 40 year old Brady > Prime Rodgers

Destroyed.
Vino24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:46 AM   #47
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~

Fans falsley think elite QBs dont need WRs...thats just false

Cant win in this league with just a QB

The 2015 Panthers went 15-1 and made the superbowl with Ted Ginn as their best WR... and then they lost the superbowl to a team with no QB...

Anyway, its too bad that Rodgers was stuck with McCarthy his whole career, it would have been nice to see how he could do with someone like Sean Payton or Andy Reid. I think Brady is the undisputed GOAT, but in terms of pure arm talent Rodgers is probably better.

Last edited by Nanners : 12-06-2018 at 10:52 AM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:07 AM   #48
NBAplayoffs2001
One of the Goodfellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
The 2015 Panthers went 15-1 and made the superbowl with Ted Ginn as their best WR... and then they lost the superbowl to a team with no QB...

Anyway, its too bad that Rodgers was stuck with McCarthy his whole career, it would have been nice to see how he could do with someone like Sean Payton or Andy Reid. I think Brady is the undisputed GOAT, but in terms of pure arm talent Rodgers is probably better.

Was it just me but did anyone else think the 2015 Super bowl was a huge letdown? I was expecting a good game but this is pretty much true. They went up against a great defense with a Peyton Manning who wasn't doing anything really all game.
NBAplayoffs2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:09 AM   #49
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
I have a tough time believing Belechek and the Patriots miss a beat replacing Brady with Rodgers... However, even though Rodgers has the goat skillset, Brady >>>> Rodgers. Like vino said, Rodgers would rather take the sack instead of throwing the ball away because throwing the ball away affects your QB rating and completion %...thus he is his own worst enemy in terms of getting injured.

Looking up game winning drives, Rodgers is very far down the list.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...gwd_career.htm

He's tied with Luck and he's been in the league for 7 more years

This is the list of guys who have had more game winning drives than him :

Russell Wilson
Alex Smith
Flacco
Dalton
Rivers
Stafford
Matt Ryan
Eli
Big Ben

He's better than all those guys yet not as clutch?

I didn't mention Brady, Brees, and Peyton Manning because he's not better than those guys.

Simply counting the number of game winning drives is not a good way to measure clutch-ness. In order to have a game winning drive, the game needs to be close in the 4th quarter. Rodgers has a better win rate than almost everyone on that list, so its not like he is choking in close games... he is winning before the 4th quarter.

Dalton doesnt have more game winning drives because hes more clutch, he has them because the bengals are a shitshow every year and end up playing a lot of close games. FFS Jay Cutler had 10 more game winning drives than Rodgers in roughly the same amount of time, and anybody who actually watched Cutler knows he was one of the most laughably non-clutch QBs of the past decade.

Last edited by Nanners : 12-06-2018 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:15 AM   #50
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
Was it just me but did anyone else think the 2015 Super bowl was a huge letdown? I was expecting a good game but this is pretty much true. They went up against a great defense with a Peyton Manning who wasn't doing anything really all game.

Its just you... most people really enjoyed watching Cam get endlessly steamrolled by Denvers pass rush, and they LOVED watching Peyton throwing flutterballs from his rascal scooter.

Last edited by Nanners : 12-06-2018 at 11:21 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: