Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

Default Re: Recent purchases..

im too retarded to figure out whether these posts are jokes or not (they probably are), but either way highwhey you should give me your scar before AOC takes it from you

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous View Post
    So I had convinced myself I'd buy a Kia Telluride in a year or two, but the transmission in my 2004 Accord was going, so I didn't have a ton of choice. I went to a Kia dealership for the trim I wanted, and it wound up at 56k once I went through the taxes and out of state title transfer and everything else. I had test driven this VW Atlas at a local used spot. It only had 12,000 miles on it. They were asking 38k. I went back to re-check that, and an Audi A5. The A5 was a blast to drive, but just not big enough for what I want to do (it's only two rows).

I coach basketball, so I'm frequently driving large middle schoolers from gym to gym, and I like to bike, so being able to drop the back rows and throw a bike in there was something I wanted to be able to do. The VW is big. It's got far and away the best third row of any of these cars I looked into. You can comfortably fit two grown men in there. It got me about 90% of what I wanted out of the Telluride. One of the big things I wanted was mid row captain's chairs, and that was only available on certain higher end trim levels. The only thing I was really missing from the VW was the ventilated front seats, and the rear seats in the Telluride at the level I was looking at are also heated and vented. But they came down to 34k, which took me to 39k with taxes and everything. So it was roughly 17k less than the Telluride. Seems like a lot of money for my ass to be slightly cooler. And how much I care about my second row guys' comfort is probably less than 17k worth.

It was their second to the top trim (SEL, not SEL Premium), and it's their R Line, which has some slightly advanced visual design aspects. A little more chrome, body panels in place of plastic in a few spots. It came with 20" black rims. And it did have the rear captain's chairs that I wanted.

The ride is heavier than I expected (I'm not sure why I didn't expect that). It's like a tank, and driving it during a couple test drives it felt great. But after a month of daily driving, I would argue the suspension didn't need to be quite so rigid. However, I make that statement coming off a smallish Accord that could basically skim over pot holes, and it's very likely I'd be saying the same thing about anything else in the class.

I have the V6 in mine, so it's not the 2L you'd have seen, it's not as good on gas, but it's competitive in the market. I'm seeing about 21 per gallon, I'm mostly driving in the Economy mode. In the Sport mode, it's noticably peppier, but I'm down to about 18 per gallon. I did get to use it in Snow mode the other day, and it was absolutely awesome. The Toyota 4Runner gas mileage seems to be it's biggest issue in that class, but Axe is right, it's tougher than the rest as it's built on an actual truck frame. I had been in on the Pilot for a long time, but it's pricing is slightly higher than the Telluride, and if I wanted all the things I wanted, I'd rather just buy the Telluride in that price range.

Overall I'm really happy with it. I went hiking last weekend and wound up parked next to a Telluride, also black, and honestly preferred the look my VW.

The new lincoln aviator is an attractive alternative if you want something fresh that seems radical and flashy compared to other offerings in the market. It also has twice the gears of a 4runner lol but then again, being based on the ford explorer, i'm not all too confident about its reliability. Price could be a problem too. However its power makes it on par with performance suvs like the cayenne, range rover velar, etc.

Local High School Star

Floor lamps with those kind of bulbs that last like 50,000 hours

Low on powdered sugar, gotta donate to the homeless, Wife's an alcoholic, and.... yeah.

Saw a basketball once

my last purchase was a new sofa and laptop for work

Protectant for my motorcycle