Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers the battle for the 1st seed in the east

To end the season

Heat have 29 games remaining

17 home games, 6 of those are vs teams 500 or better

12 road games, 5 games vs teams 500 better

Pacers have 27 games remaining

12 home games, 5 of those vs teams 500 or better

15 road games, 6 games vs teams 500 or better

Heat and Pacers face twice home and away in that time...

so who you got getting the top seed?

Default Re: Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers the battle for the 1st seed in the east

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    To end the season

Heat have 29 games remaining

17 home games, 6 of those are vs teams 500 or better

12 road games, 5 games vs teams 500 better

Pacers have 27 games remaining

12 home games, 5 of those vs teams 500 or better

15 road games, 6 games vs teams 500 or better

Heat and Pacers face twice home and away in that time...

so who you got getting the top seed?
    Good thread for a change. Miami have the easier schedule and Indiana seem to be losing their mojo. I think the Heat take top spot (they better do; they're not beating Indiana in a game 7 at Indi)

Local High School Star

Default Re: Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers the battle for the 1st seed in the east

Miami as long as they stay relatively healthy. Couple reasons.

1)Paul George played better than he actually is for a big part of the first half of the season, it won't happen in the second half.

2) The Heat have an easier schedule with a big home-game advantage

3)Lebron is going to ego up the last half of this season to make a run for MVP, you can tell the attention Durant has been getting bothered him.
    Last edited by comerb; 02-23-2014 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Good thread for a change. Miami have the easier schedule and Indiana seem to be losing their mojo. I think the Heat take top spot (they better do; they're not beating [B]Indiana in a game 7 at Indi[/B])
    Not sure why that is such an impossibility. The better team will win the series and if that team is Miami than they should be able to win in Indy.

Good thread for a change. Miami have the easier schedule and Indiana seem to be losing their mojo. I think the Heat take top spot (they better do; they're not beating Indiana in a game 7 at Indi)

Starting from Mar 3, the Heat have 24 games averaging 4 games a week over 6 weeks.

You would think at some point fatigue will set in. They will likely rest up Wade and maybe Bron in the last few weeks to stay fresh for the finals. I still think it's Pacers to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Starting from Mar 3, the Heat have 24 games averaging 4 games a week over 6 weeks.
    Interesting, didn't realise that was the case.

Wade factor could decide HCA in Indy's favour.

You would think at some point fatigue will set in. They will likely rest up Wade and maybe Bron in the last few weeks to stay fresh for the finals. I still think it's Pacers to lose.
    Fair enough, both of you.
    MMM: I just think that Miami have been riding their luck with all these game 7's. They're walking a tight rope. You cannot hope for Lebron and Wade to activate God mode on command. One of these days, they might not have ig in an elimination game. If Indiana get a game 7, with their crowd rocking, I think it will be awefully hard to stop them. Ofcourse, if anyone is able to do just that, it's the greatest game 7 performer in history himself -LBJ.

Poido, I think James's ego won't let me rest up. He would want the MVP and knows he needs an identical or better record than the Thunder. He's on a tear now and I dont think hes gonna let up. But maybe ur right. Maybe Spolestra talks some sense into him and forces him to shut it down to rest up for the postseason.

Interesting. This is too close to call IMO. Wade's health definitely could be the deciding factor.

Banned

i think Miami coasted enough already and if anything the will click even better by playing more games
    if they beat Indiana twice they got this

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Am I the only one who thinks Pacers are getting knocked out early or in 5 by the Heat? I can feel a collapse coming

Banned

Fair enough, both of you.
    MMM: I just think that Miami have been riding their luck with all these game 7's. They're walking a tight rope. You cannot hope for Lebron and Wade to activate God mode on command. One of these days, they might not have ig in an elimination game. If Indiana get a game 7, with their crowd rocking, I think it will be awefully hard to stop them. Ofcourse, if anyone is able to do just that, it's the greatest game 7 performer in history himself -LBJ.

Poido, I think James's ego won't let me rest up. He would want the MVP and knows he needs an identical or better record than the Thunder. He's on a tear now and I dont think hes gonna let up. But maybe ur right. Maybe Spolestra talks some sense into him and forces him to shut it down to rest up for the postseason.
    as long as lebron isnt doing to much and gets injured or to exhausted i think its good if he goes on a scoring tear.
    he has to have the mindset to always score even if he misses some shots. as soon as hes doubled or tripled find the open man.
    thats when the heat are at their best and the last games proof it

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    I still think Indi will make the finals, and there's pretty much no chance that they're getting knocked out early
    I think Heat are still winning. Pacers in the finals would be a ratings nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    you're right, forgot that silver will have to continue stern's ways
    **** the Pacers though, Paul George is an absent father

Dragic=GOAT, kobe=beta

We'll get first seed no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Am I the only one who thinks Pacers are getting knocked out early or in 5 by the Heat? I can feel a collapse coming
    Not a chance.

Will be shocked if Miami who got took to 7 games last year by Indy beat the in 5 when this year the Pacers added

Scola
    Bynum
    Turner
    Watson

along with an improved George and Stephenson. This should be Miami's toughness challenge yet and with a declining Wade It would be weird to see Indy do worse.

Will see though I guess.

Miami will lose at some point and who knows maybe this year is the time.