Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Back to Business

Default Re: Current Kevin Durant vs. Prime Tracy McGrady

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Lets see, Tmac still didn't get past the 1st round in his "prime" and he was still a choking loser that was a locker room problem. I don't know why people think this is close, it isn't.

Tmac was better than Durant at like two things, ball-handling and playmaking. Durant was better than Tmac in everything else and by a lot.

JUST SHUT UP CUZ U JUST EXPOSED YOURSELF.TMAC ATTACKS THE BASKET BETTER THAN KD AND I HAVE SEEN TMAC TAKE A GARBAGE TEAM AND ALMOST BEAT A REALLY GOOD PISTONS TEAM IN THE PLAYOFFS BY HIMSELF.DURANT AINT START WINNING AND GETTIN TO THE PLAYOFFS UNTIL HE GOT WESTBROOK AND HARDEN.AND THEY STILL WOULDNT BE ALL THAT GOOD IF THEY DIDNT MAKE THAT BLOCKBUSTER TRADE TO GET PERKINS!SO PLEASE GO CHECK THE FACTS AND STOP LIVING IN THE MOMENT.NEXT U GONNA BE SAYING WESTBROOK IS BETTER THAN AI.ONLY THING I GIVE KD OVER TMAC HIS THE JUMPSHOT AND THATS STILL VERY CLOSE

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Considering that they're my two favorite players atm (yes a washed up T-Mac who get no PT whatsover is still one of my fav players) and im basing this mainly because i've watched a lot of both ever since they came into the league, i gotta go with Prime Tracy. Just one of those players that you had to watch to really be amazed.

I think Durant's prime will last much longer though. His game is built around jumpers. Dude's still gonna make a living 10 years down. Better prime = McGrady. Better career (already) = Durant easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    I think Durant's prime will last much longer though. His game is built around jumpers. Dude's still gonna make a living 10 years down. Better prime = McGrady. Better career (already) = Durant easily.
    Yup, oldman Durant = oldman Ray Allen. They actually have a lot in common. People forget how Ray could cut to and finish around the basket when he was young. Durant obviously has more physical gifts though.

Tmac goes on fire in this game. Brings the magic back from a terrible start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ihr...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpuQq...feature=relmfu
    Last edited by Velocirap31; 04-13-2012 at 03:39 PM.

T Mac was better

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    Also, went down like a bitch? Really? 19/8/4/3, 37/11/5/2, 21/6/5. Those aren't bad games. Yes Tmac struggled a lot going 1 on 5 vs the pistons defense. That's still pretty damn impressive...at least he went down shooting. Btw, what other options did he have? Yes his FG% was low, but look at his team %s for those 3 gms: 32%, 39.5%, and 42%.
    What was Tmac's FG% in the 2003 series from Games 5 to 7?

You don't know?

Here...

Game 5 - 8/20 - 40%
    Game 6 - 11/28 - 39.3%
    Game 7 - 7/24 - 29.2%

Yes, he went down like a bitch. Two of those three games he had more FGA than points.

Edit: You never answered. Do you also discredit KG for his 1st round failures?
    Did KG ever blow a 3-1 lead? KG has won every series he was favorite in. The only series Tmac was ever favored in was in 2007, where he choked like a bitch and got shut down by Derek Fisher in that series. He shot like a FG% of 39% and a TS% less than 50% which is horribly inefficient.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacman
    Below average? Dude was hovering around 80% most of his prime you ****ing idiot.
    He shot 79% from the FT line in two seasons, every other season was worse than that which overall made him a below average FT shooter.

That doesn't determine the better shooter. Is LeBron a better shooter than Durant because he shoots it at about 53%? Good logic. I guess in your case yes. LeBron > Durant in terms of shooting.
    No, because LeBron's scored most of his points from transition, attacking the basket, etc. Durant scores most of his points from jump shots so it isn't related.

Yeah, if you watched him play, which i assume you havent once, then you'd know he was the better shooter. Every thing revolves around percentages for kids like you.
    Good evidence, I'm suppose to take a pro-Tmac opinion seriously from a kid with a username named tmacman. Sounds legit.

And the majority think McGrady was the better player. And they're right. So your opinion isn't valid at all.
    So what was the point of this thread if you already knew the answer to this question?
    Last edited by StateOfMind12; 04-13-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    Wade, Lebron, Kobe, and T-Mac all have better primes than Durant. It's not really close.

Edit: Nash and CP3 too.
    Kevin Durant is only 23. I'm pretty sure he's not even in his prime yet. Nice try, though.

What was Tmac's FG% in the 2003 series from Games 5 to 7?

You don't know?

Here...

Game 5 - 8/20 - 40%
    Game 6 - 11/28 - 39.3%
    Game 7 - 7/24 - 29.2%

Yes, he went down like a bitch. Two of those three games he had more FGA than points.

Did KG ever blow a 3-1 lead? KG has won every series he was favorite in. The only series Tmac was ever favored in was in 2007, where he choked like a bitch and got shut down by Derek Fisher in that series. He shot like a FG% of 39% and a TS% less than 50% which is horribly inefficient.
    This is why I posted his team %s. They blew *******. What else was he supposed to do other than go down shooting? Also, prime TMac was NEVER favored in a series so how is that different from KG?

Banned

This is why I posted his team %s. They blew *******. What else was he supposed to do other than go down shooting?
    For a guy that is supposedly a better scorer than Kevin Durant, he could make his shots? And make them........efficiently? But we all know that isn't possible since Tmac was about as inefficient as they came.

Also, prime TMac was NEVER favored in a series so how is that different from KG?
    KG never blew a series lead especially a margin as big as 3-1. Plus, Tmac could have easily won the 2002 playoff series since he played a Hornets team that was without Jamal Mashburn. Tmac just got outplayed by Baron Davis in the clutch. Tmac has had his chances in Orlando and in Houston and he blew all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Kevin Durant is only 23. I'm pretty sure he's not even in his prime yet. Nice try, though.
    He's in his prime. Are you kiddin' me?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    He's in his prime. Are you kiddin' me?
    No he's not. The hell..

For a guy that is supposedly a better scorer than Kevin Durant, he could make his shots? And make them........efficiently? But we all know that isn't possible since Tmac was about as inefficient as they came.

KG never blew a series lead especially a margin as big as 3-1. Plus, Tmac could have easily won the 2002 playoff series since he played a Hornets team that was without Jamal Mashburn. Tmac just got outplayed by Baron Davis in the clutch. Tmac has had his chances in Orlando and in Houston and he blew all of it.
    Since, you know, Tracy shot about 45% in his prime and Durant shoots around 47%. TWO WHOLE PERCENTAGE POINTS

If you wanna talk playoffs, Tmac prime was still around 45% which is about what Durant shot last year. If you wanna bring up Durant's first playoffs, he was at 35% wheras Tmac started off at 38%. ZOMG the efficiency :P

Anyway, I agree with him blowing the Charlotte series. Then again, his team couldn't play defense to save their lives...not his fault. Anyway, I already know there's no convincing you so I'll just stop here...

Btw, Fudge brings up a good point. This is a stupid comparison since Durantula aint even in his prime yet.

Banned

Since, you know, Tracy shot about 45% in his prime and Durant shoots around 47%. TWO WHOLE PERCENTAGE POINTS
    Currently Kevin Durant shoots 50% from the field and current Durant would also be prime Durant since this is easily his best season in his career.

If you wanna talk playoffs, Tmac prime was still around 45% which is about what Durant shot last year. If you wanna bring up Durant's first playoffs, he was at 35% wheras Tmac started off at 38%. ZOMG the efficiency :P
    If I wanna talk playoffs, I would talk to you about how Durant made it to the WCF in his 2nd playoff appearance while Tmac has still never got past the 1st round for 7 straight post-seasons now.

Durant's 2nd post-season appearance is better than anything Tmac ever did in the post-season.

Anyway, I agree with him blowing the Charlotte series. Then again, his team couldn't play defense to save their lives...not his fault. Anyway, I already know there's no convincing you so I'll just stop here...
    '
    His team couldn't play defense and neither could he but yeah lets give Tracy more excuses, it's not like he has a million of them already.

Btw, Fudge brings up a good point. This is a stupid comparison since Durantula aint even in his prime yet.
    Durant is already better than any version of Tmac, so it would only be a joke as Durant improves more and more.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore BoNafidde's Avatar

ANYONE that saw TMac play in his prime knows its TMac and its not even close. He was so athletic, explosive and just a great all around player. He was a terrific passer for someone of his size. I remember there was a game in the playoffs against the Jazz when he had 16 assists. Call me when Durant gets his team mates involved like that.