Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #31
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Browns Look Smart For Not Drafting Blackmon

True Jarvis Jones is one of the best pass rushers that's come out in years IMO. Best player in the draft and solid chance of going 1st Overall
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:37 PM   #32
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
True Jarvis Jones is one of the best pass rushers that's come out in years IMO. Best player in the draft and solid chance of going 1st Overall

Over a QB? Nah, cant see that. He doesnt have that Super Mario Williams thing going for him. He's definitively not going lower than 5 thats for sure.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #33
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Over a QB? Nah, cant see that. He doesnt have that Super Mario Williams thing going for him. He's definitively not going lower than 5 thats for sure.
Depends on who's got the first pick. A team like the Chiefs should and will take a QB for sure. If its the Jags, they may decide to give Gabbert another go so its possible for Jones to be 1. Plus, the QB crop this year is shady
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:20 PM   #34
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
Depends on who's got the first pick. A team like the Chiefs should and will take a QB for sure. If its the Jags, they may decide to give Gabbert another go so its possible for Jones to be 1. Plus, the QB crop this year is shady

A team would trade down to take Jones before taking him #1. Jones is no LT.

If he happens to be #1 I'd be a bit surprised myself. I agree the QB crop is shady. Just lookin at draft history teams favor a QB over someone like Jones. Not saying no chance in hell Jones wouldnt go, I just cant see it. We'll see.

We agree he is a damn beast.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:24 PM   #35
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Well yea, if KC or Jax end up with the first pick, it being a QB is probably a no-brainer.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:42 PM   #36
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Unless Jax current GM get's fired, I doubt they will give up on Gabbert after this year. If the GM is fired and a new GM comes in, it could be a different story.

Teams I could see drafting a QB:

Chiefs
Raiders
Bills

Maybe Cardinals
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:36 AM   #37
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

One thing I've heard through the grapevine is Browns management pegged this as a weak draft and that is part of the reason they didn't hesitate to give up a second round pick for Gordon, even though he MAY have still been there in the third.

If I had to guess the Browns' pick right now and assuming it is a Top 5 selection, I would bet either Jarvis Jones or Barkevious Mingo. I like Werner, Gobb, but he seems like more of a defensive end and we really need that OLB. I know those two positions are somewhat interchangeable, particularly for 3-4 teams, but we are in a 4-3 scheme now and I don't think Werner could play OLB in a 4-3.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #38
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

And then Weeden puts up a stinker. Damnit.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #39
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

I don't see how Jarvis Jones is worthy of a #1 overall pick, or even top 3 based on talent. I can't get that stench of his very poor Tennessee game out of my mouth, and he wasn't much of a factor yesterday. I'd feel much more comfortable taking him in the 10 range.

He's a good player, but for you to be that high of a pick as an OLB, you have to have something tremendous, like Von Miller's burst.

Mingo is raw, raw, raw. He gets gobbled up in the run game. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team with a top 3 pick. He should be able to rush the passer though.

Since the Browns already have a very nice rotation of DT's, Star & Hankins seem like too much of a good thing to take in the top 3 even though both are deserving.

Tough spot for the Browns, IMO, with Star & Hankins out of the question for them most likely due to the position already being a strength and if they think the draft is weak, it'd be kind of pointless to trade down, then, to get more picks in the draft.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #40
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

to be fair, Blackmon's not the problem. He might have the worst starting QB in the league throwing to him. Jacksonville's just a mess.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: