Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 05-02-2011, 04:16 PM   #91
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13

ReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this board
Default Re: 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Bulls vs Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
Zaza is not only the same but is much better than Jeff Foster.

i agree the loss of Hinrich (maybe for the first 2 games from what i am hearing will hurt the Hawks) but i think they will surprise you. The Bulls were not that impressive in the first round and yet the Hawks were, actually it had to do with orlando imploding a bit more but the Hawks are a solid team because they are much more experienced in the playoffs than the bulls are.

im not expecting teague to start. he doesnt deserve to start. Crawford will start and will see lots of playing time. I also expect Marvin to guard Rose. except for the Rose/Deng matchup and probably the Bench matchup, every other matchup kind of favors the Hawks. its not that lopsided as you think it may be. it will be a hard fought series.

If I'm a Hawks fan, I'm doing the same thing all of the Hawk fans have done on this page and the previous one. I don't have a problem with you guys defending your bigs, Teague, and Josh Smith's ownage of Carlos Boozer. However, allow me to spin it my Chicago Bulls way, if you don't mind.

The Pacers beat the best of the best all season long. They beat the Lakers, Bulls, Heat, Mavs, Celtics, and so on. Have the Hawks? Indiana has proven, for years now, that they can rise up and knock off the greatest teams in the NBA. That is why it makes sense that they won 1 game against the superior Chicago Bulls. At the end of the day, the series was over in 5. I thought it would be 5 games before the series started specifically due to the reasoning that I just gave, the Pacers can beat the best of the best on any given night but they can not do it on a consistent basis. You can say that is true for any team but has any team knocked off the Heat, Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Mavs, etc. like the Pacers have.

I doubt Captain Kirk is back after 2 games. And if he is, you would have to think that hamstring won't be up to the task of guarding MVP Derrick Rose.

The Pacers played bully ball. And when the Bulls gave it right back to them in Game 5, the Pacers cried to the media and got blown out. They tried to slap around the Bulls and muddy up the game because they didn't have enough talent. The Hawks do have talent so I don't expect the same physical style of play. I don't expect wild elbows connecting with Rose's and Deng's heads like Foster was throwing bows in the 1st Round.

The Hawks, despite all of their talent, just never seem to pull it all together. Will they be able to do it this series?

By the way...if Marvin guards Rose who will guard Deng? Keep in mind Josh Smith has "owned" Boozer from the stats that tontoz researched. Deng is ridiculously underrated and he is one of the two or three best defensive SF's in the NBA.

Last edited by ReturnofJPR : 05-02-2011 at 04:59 PM.
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #92
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Crawford hasn't started a game all year. No way he starts tonight. Teague will get the start which makes defending the Hawks that much easier, not that it is that hard to begin with.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #93
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13

ReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Crawford hasn't started a game all year. No way he starts tonight. Teague will get the start which makes defending the Hawks that much easier, not that it is that hard to begin with.

Keep your chin up. The Hawks could very well win the game tonight. You, Hawklanta, etc. I've never seen so many fans down on their team. I wonder why that is.
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #94
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
Keep your chin up. The Hawks could very well win the game tonight. You, Hawklanta, etc. I've never seen so many fans down on their team. I wonder why that is.

If you are talking about Hotlanta1981 he has always been down in the team. He is the biggest sourpuss on the board, a hater extraordinaire.

The Hawks finished the season winning only 11 of their last 30 and they havent won a second round playoff game since the mid-90s. There is a reason that Hawks fans aren't that optimistic right now, especially with hinrich hurt.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:08 PM   #95
Clocian-IGN
Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose

Clocian-IGN is a pretty well-respected posterClocian-IGN is a pretty well-respected posterClocian-IGN is a pretty well-respected poster

damn....

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/phot...o xIhTaWx0%3D
Clocian-IGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:40 PM   #96
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
Zaza is not only the same but is much better than Jeff Foster.

i agree the loss of Hinrich (maybe for the first 2 games from what i am hearing will hurt the Hawks) but i think they will surprise you. The Bulls were not that impressive in the first round and yet the Hawks were, actually it had to do with orlando imploding a bit more but the Hawks are a solid team because they are much more experienced in the playoffs than the bulls are.

im not expecting teague to start. he doesnt deserve to start. Crawford will start and will see lots of playing time. I also expect Marvin to guard Rose. except for the Rose/Deng matchup and probably the Bench matchup, every other matchup kind of favors the Hawks. its not that lopsided as you think it may be. it will be a hard fought series.

Don't wanna nitpick but the Bulls also have a HUGE advantage in coaching, which obviously is a big deal. Thibs is probably the best game planner and in game adjustment maker in the league this year.

It will be a hard fought series but Im gonna have to say Bulls
in 5. Afterall, this is a 62 win team vs. a 44 win team. That talent level is very comparable but the Bulls have advantages in so many places across the board.

If Kurt Thomas starts tonight instead of Booz, I'm tellin y'all Kurt and ZaZa are getting double techs at some point in the game, maybe 3rd quarterish?
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:45 PM   #97
atljonesbro
National High School Star

atljonesbro has decent reputation

I'm ready for this series to start. Theres always the one tough long series that you don't expect in the playoffs, and I think this will be it. Can't wait!
atljonesbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:46 PM   #98
Clocian-IGN
Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose

Clocian-IGN is a pretty well-respected posterClocian-IGN is a pretty well-respected posterClocian-IGN is a pretty well-respected poster

i see tonight as ATL's best chance to win a game. seems like forever since we played as well as some players missing practices(rose/booz) so im not sure how we come out, similar to boston last night.

LETS GO BULLS!
Clocian-IGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #99
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please

hawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
Exactly. So quit your b!tching.

I'm 'b!tching' because bulls fans don't know shit about their team or anyone elses and act like they can see all the favorable matchups and why the bulls will win the series

I don't mind people predicting that they will beat us easily, but when so many bulls fans so clearly have no idea what they are talking about it makes me b!tch
hawksdogsbraves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #100
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

this is not looking too good.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #101
LiLharvard
I see GREEN people..

LiLharvard has an OK reputation so far

Derrick Rose, PG 12mins FG 0-7 3pt 0-2
LiLharvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #102
Kobe24Clutch
Banned

Kobe24Clutch has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLharvard
Derrick Rose, PG 12mins FG 0-7 3pt 0-2
Those are MVP Numbers
Kobe24Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #103
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

umm... how about not having Korver on Crawford Tibs...
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #104
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

IMO this is gonna be the series Teague regains his mojo he lost halfway through the NCAA season three years ago. I'm surprised anyone even drafted him after that
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: