Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Current Kevin Durant vs. Prime Tracy McGrady

Who's Better...?

I say Prime T-Mac. Dude was just explosive as fcuk, and had the touch that nobody else in the league besides Kobe had. Was arguably the best all-around player at the time as well. Crazy how so much talent can go to waste in a matter of a couple years....

Banned

Default Re: Current Kevin Durant vs. Prime Tracy McGrady

I'll take the one that got his team out of the 1st round and isn't a choking cancerous loser. If you didn't know the answer by now, the answer is Kevin Durant.

tough one.

i would ride or die with KD.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    I'll take the one that got his team out of the 1st round and isn't a choking cancerous loser. If you didn't know the answer by now, the answer is Kevin Durant.

Looks at title of thread*....

Talking about "Prime" here genius. Not his Houston, New York, Detroit, Atlanta days.

mmm...both can score at bunches. TMac is better slasher/playmaker while KD is better shooter/off-ball player. Both can play elite defense at times. I give TMac the edge for being a better overall player. Hell, he acted as PG on some of those teams.

One NEVER went out of the first round. The other went to the WCF. All is said.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tmacman

Looks at title of thread*....

Talking about "Prime" here genius. Not his Houston, New York, Detroit, Atlanta days.
    Lets see, Tmac still didn't get past the 1st round in his "prime" and he was still a choking loser that was a locker room problem. I don't know why people think this is close, it isn't.

Tmac was better than Durant at like two things, ball-handling and playmaking. Durant was better than Tmac in everything else and by a lot.

Prime T-Mac would shit on KD.

Lets see, Tmac still didn't get past the 1st round in his "prime" and he was still a choking loser that was a locker room problem. I don't know why people think this is close, it isn't.
    Locker room problem? Where did you get that from? Your ass? I thought so. Funny thing is...he should'nt have even made the playoffs with that Magic team, but he single handedly carried those scrubs. Guys like Andrew DeClerq, Gordan Giricek, Drew Gooden, Darrell Armstrong, Overweight Shawn Kemp, Horace Grant even?

Tmac was better than Durant at like two things, ball-handling and playmaking. Durant was better than Tmac in everything else and by a lot.
    Hmmm.. lets see.

Scoring = McGrady
    Rebounding = Durant
    Playmaking = McGrady
    Shooting = About equal, Durant with the edge on 3pt shooting, and Mcgrady on midrange.

By alot? Quit talking outta your ass and face reality.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Prime Tmac was still a loser.

T-Mac

Locker room problem? Where did you get that from? Your ass? I thought so. Funny thing is...he should'nt have even made the playoffs with that Magic team, but he single handedly carried those scrubs. Guys like Andrew DeClerq, Gordan Giricek, Drew Gooden, Darrell Armstrong, Overweight Shawn Kemp, Horace Grant even?

Scoring = McGrady
    Rebounding = Durant
    Playmaking = McGrady
    Shooting = About equal, Durant with the edge on 3pt shooting, and Mcgrady on midrange.

Thats KD ALL F[COLOR="Black"]U[/COLOR]CKING DAY

Banned

Tmac would quit on his team, blame his teammates for his failures, in his prime and in Houston he would do it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...28/3/index.htm

He pauses as if he is hearing his own words. "Some nights I did slack off--and I knew that was a terrible thing to do--and I still was slacking off. That feels so bad. And I'm the leader, these guys are following my lead, so the whole team suffers even worse. That was wrong. Now I would do it differently. I learned. I have to bust my butt no matter what. Last year was the worst experience of my life. And I learned. And believe me, I'm grateful for this opportunity here."
    Sounds like a winner.

Hmmm.. lets see.

Scoring = McGrady
    Rebounding = Durant
    Playmaking = McGrady

McGrady was a better scorer?

I'll take the guy that can score on similar volume with much higher efficiency. They both score around 27-30 ppg but Durant shoots a TS% over 60% and a FG% of 50% while Tmac shoots like a TS% that is less than 55% and a FG that is less than 45%.

Shooter?

I love how you ignore defense too, it's not like it is half of the game or something either.

Local High School Star kenny817's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    Prime T-Mac would shit on KD.
    this

People definitely say he choked against the Pistons after being up 3-1...but look at his roster. Gooden was the 2nd best player by a wide margin. 3rd maybe Giricek or Armstrong . I don't remember him and Hill even playing a game in the playoffs together on the Magic. If they did, Hill was not close to 100%. Wasn't like the 2001 roster was much better (a bit more help w/ Outlaw and Mike Miller). I mean, what did you honestly expect from this man? He was averaging Jordanesc playoff numbers. Would you discredit KG for the times he got knocked out early?