Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trajan Langdon

Banned

Default Trajan Langdon

Anthony Parker accomplished many things in the Euroleague after a small stint in the NBA about 8 years ago but then returned last season to play in the NBA.

Hes worked out very well in the NBA as a role player.

Trajan Langdon is a year younger than Parker,and has experienced good success in Europe but hes never openly considered returning to the NBA.

He wasnt a horrible player in the NBA,he just played for horrible teams in Cleveland.

I think he could find a team as a spot up shooter maybe Dallas

Hes ****ing shooting 52% from 3 this year

Local High School Star

Default Re: Why Hasn't Trajan Langdon Returned To The NBA?

I think you're undervaluing Parker's euroleague career. He was an absolute stud, leader of Maccabi Tel Aviv. Langdon is a good player, but he's not near what Parker was.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    I think you're undervaluing Parker's euroleague career. He was an absolute stud, leader of Maccabi Tel Aviv. Langdon is a good player, but he's not near what Parker was.
    True.

But Langdon has been a leader of CSKA Moscow

Saw a basketball once

they make more money in Europe as star players rather than role players in the NBA

^^exactly.

thing is, for the most of his time in maccabi tel aviv, parker looked like euro bryant or lebron. he was the clear cut best swingman in the europe. you can't say that for langdon.

and i also think many teams could use langdon as spot up shooter, as he is one of better guys in the world at catch and shoot...but unlike parker, his usefulness doesn't go far beyond that, and he would have a very hard time commanding bigger paycheck in the nba than he does now in europe.

Local High School Star

Is Langdon really a star for Moscow? I thought he was just their wing scoring threat. Looking at his stats - even knowing that European ballers have lower averages - of just 12/3/1, I'm not sure that translates into NBA roleplayer.

Is Langdon really a star for Moscow? I thought he was just their wing scoring threat. Looking at his stats - even knowing that European ballers have lower averages - of just 12/3/1, I'm not sure that translates into NBA roleplayer.
    not really, but they among the most stacked teams in europe on paper, plus they play together for quite a time and share the ball well so big individual scoring outbursts are rare for them - and most of them came from ramunas siskauskas this year.
    mental leader is definitely theo papaloukas, but langdon, JR holden and siskauskas take their share of clutch shots as well. and along the with center david andersen, they have five guys that could be stars on any euro team, so the individual suffer.

Banned

So 20/6/6 in Europe translates into NBA roleplayer?

Well in Europe their star players dont dominate the game like in America,they play team basketball which we havent seen a pure example of in the NBA for decades.

Langdon however is the guy who will most likely get the ball in the final 2 minutes if they're down by 3-6.

52% from 3

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sharas
    ^^exactly.

thing is, for the most of his time in maccabi tel aviv, parker looked like euro bryant or lebron. he was the clear cut best swingman in the europe. you can't say that for langdon.

and i also think many teams could use langdon as spot up shooter, as he is one of better guys in the world at catch and shoot...but unlike parker, his usefulness doesn't go far beyond that, and he would have a very hard time commanding bigger paycheck in the nba than he does now in europe.
    Yeah but I think it would be worth it in his eyes,maybe.

Another shot in the NBA and a chance to win a NBA Title sounds appealing to some guys who didnt quite make it in the NBA the first time around.

Langdon isnt a defensive liability,he just doesnt match up well with stronger guards at SG,very similar to the problems faced by Ben Gordon on defense.

Local High School Star

Langdon isn't average 20/6/6. He's averaging 12/3/1. I already said that players don't have the large averages in europe, when you conveniently ignored. However, Parker did have those large averages, if I can recall (can't find a site that has his old stats, unfortunately).

I swear some people are so clueless

Both teams played hard 2LeTTeRS KD's Avatar

I'm sure the man has pride too. Would you really turn away the chance to be a star, to ride a bench. For every Anthony Paker, theres a Saras Jasikevicius or Lynn Greer or Marciavydas. I think those vets seeing their stars come over and sit on the bench is making more and more vets apprehensive.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Parker was Euroleague MVP...and he still only made four million and change to come over and play. When you factor is the buyout money that it takes to get some of these guys...of which the NBA team can only pay 500 000$, it's just not financially viable to leave.

NYK's comeback 08-09 worldbefree's Avatar

He's waiting for Bush to leave office THEN he's coming back to the U.S..

Or it could be that he's 6'2" with little point guard skills and has always had trouble getting his shot off against bigger players. But yeah, it's the money.