Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Well... it's offseason time:

Well they're done. So disappointing after having a great second half of the season. After losing Rose to injury and Luol Deng being traded, the Bulls really stepped up and I was so proud of them. Then they just collapse in the first round. And Thibs coaching was very questionable this series. In close games when the Bulls were struggling to score, where was Dunleavy? Where was Jimmer?

Anyways, I'm kind of glad this season is over with now. I just thought they had a chance to at least make it to the second round. But what should their plans be this summer? I still think they need to sign Carmelo Anthony. They can amnesty Boozer (which I really hope they do), they have draft picks, they have a good core. I hope they keep Augustin and Hinrich. They have to be very safe with Rose. Missing nearly two full seasons... I hope Thibs who is known for playing these guys way too much is smart with Rose. No back to back games, no playing the whole game. They're going to need Augustin and Hinrich. I also want to see Dunleavy back.

I'd be very happy if they signed Melo this summer and brought in Mirotic finally.

Starting lineup:

C: Noah
    PF: Taj
    SF: Melo
    SG: Butler
    PG: Rose

Bench:

C: draft pick/free agent
    PF: Mirotic
    SF: Dunleavy/Snell
    SG: Hinrich
    PG: Augustin

Default Re: Well... it's offseason time:

If Melo decided to stick with the Knicks or sign with another team like the Rockets, I was thinking about other choices for the Bulls. Instead of going after just one big free agent like Melo what if they went after a couple of free agents? Gasol and Ariza or Gasol and Hayward.

I think Boozer is definitely gone this summer. They could bring in Gasol off the bench for either Noah or Taj. He'd easily be the 6th man of the year. The Bulls need a couple of players like Ariza and/or Hayward. Then the Bulls could bring back Augustin and Hinrich and maybe Jimmer and draft a couple more shooters. Bring over Mirotic.

Starting lineup:

C: Noah
    PF: Taj
    SF: Ariza
    SG: Butler
    PG: Rose

Bench:

C: Gasol
    PF: Mirotic
    SF: Dunleavy/Snell
    SG: Hinrich/draft pick
    PG: Augustin/Jimmer/draft pick

Bring on the imminent Carmelo rumors!

Since I'm pretty sure Deng realizes how miserable being on a losing team is, and since only the Rockets and Suns have money out of the good teams, that he'll realize he would rather take less money than he wanted originally and sign back and we get Afflalo as well. Mirotic comes over and all is well.

If that happens get a back up big or two and maybe a shooter who hits free agency. Unfortunately there's not a lot of shooters in this class, so it'd be a tough signing.

Also I would really really like it if the Bulls at least looked at Greg Monroe.

Do you really think there's a chance Deng could come back? If he is that miserable in Cleveland maybe. I'd take him back as a bench player though. If the Bulls don't get Carmelo, I hope they go after someone like Trevor Ariza. I do think Pau Gasol would be a great idea though especially if they amnesty Boozer.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

The cap situation and the SF depth in the draft makes Luol an afterthought IMO. He would have to take a SERIOUS pay cut IMO.

College superstar

I just want the Bulls to finally wake up and address the issues facing the team...

Secondary scorer/creator
    Outside shooting
    Energy off the bench

In a dream world I'd want Melo above all else, but there are some other options..

Trade Butler for Stephenson. Indiana may be unhappy enough with him and their chemistry issues to even throw in a second rounder. Stephenson can create his own shot, Butler can not. That's the big draw for me.

Get rid of Boozer, whether through amnesty or trade. Amnesty seems most likely. In that case, though, Taj would start, and we'd need a cheap energy big off the bench, in the mold of Darko (good defensive skillset and motor) or Brandan Wright.

Lastly... shooting. We need legit shooting. Afflalo is a great thought. Lou Williams from the Hawks. Waiters from Cavs, with how Delladova has played. The list goes on for shooting. But that is a necessity.

I just want to see some action. Not piddling moves.. but legit, "we know we can't contend without doing something" moves.

The Bulls need to make a huge step in the right direction this summer. Fans are sick of the Bulls losing. Just making it to the first or second round isn't good enough anymore. It's been 16 years since the Bulls won a championship. That's ridiculous. Bulls Front Office needs to go all out this summer and make this team a legit contender next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    The cap situation and the SF depth in the draft makes Luol an afterthought IMO. He would have to take a SERIOUS pay cut IMO.
    I kinda agree. There are a ton of good SFs in the draft this year, and even a few that play both ends. -crosses fingers for PJ Hairston-

How big are you thinking? I think now he'd probably be willing to take 3/30 offer he rejected before he got traded. I think that's a fairly good deal for him, it'll be the last of his prime years most likely, unless those miles on his legs are offset by the games he missed during that 3 year stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    I just want the Bulls to finally wake up and address the issues facing the team...

Secondary scorer/creator
    Outside shooting
    Energy off the bench

In a dream world I'd want Melo above all else, but there are some other options..

Trade Butler for Stephenson. Indiana may be unhappy enough with him and their chemistry issues to even throw in a second rounder. Stephenson can create his own shot, Butler can not. That's the big draw for me.

Get rid of Boozer, whether through amnesty or trade. Amnesty seems most likely. In that case, though, Taj would start, and we'd need a cheap energy big off the bench, in the mold of Darko (good defensive skillset and motor) or Brandan Wright.

Lastly... shooting. We need legit shooting. Afflalo is a great thought. Lou Williams from the Hawks. Waiters from Cavs, with how Delladova has played. The list goes on for shooting. But that is a necessity.

I just want to see some action. Not piddling moves.. but legit, "we know we can't contend without doing something" moves.
    FWIW a few ESPN/Bulls writers think that Boozer might be a trade chip for teams that want to get underachieving players out and try to make a move for next season's free agency class. The major player that could change things would be EJ. If he actually was "healthy"(basically wanted to play in Chicago) he could be a game changer. But alas, he is at the very least somewhat injury prone to very very injury prone depending on what you think of his mentality, and desire to play in New Orleans.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I kinda agree. There are a ton of good SFs in the draft this year, and even a few that play both ends. -crosses fingers for PJ Hairston-

How big are you thinking? I think now he'd probably be willing to take 3/30 offer he rejected before he got traded. I think that's a fairly good deal for him, it'll be the last of his prime years most likely, unless those miles on his legs are offset by the games he missed during that 3 year stretch.
    PJ Hariston : yes, as long as he isn't a headcase in the interviews.
    Luol 3/30 : no. He's still a UFA, so someone will give him stupid money. Especially with the extra 5m cap increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    I think he would still have to take a paycut regardless. I can't see other teams paying 14 mil/year esp when guys like Ariza got 7 mil.
    Besides there are cheaper alternatives like Caron Butler, Westley Johnson, Nick Young etc.