Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    No. Because he doesn't seem as "fake" as Kobe. Plus, he doesn't play for the Lakers, so that helps. And, um, he didn't "rape" a woman and didn't "run off" one of the greatest coaches and one of the greatest players. (2 if you consider Malone).

I quoted the words "rape" and "run off" because it depends on your perspective. People that want to hate are always going to see it one way and people that love are always going to see it the other way.
    co-signed

Myrrh

Unfortunately, the GROUPIE WARS won't leave LBJ unaffected. Because, you know, you are only allowed to LIKE one SG. You have to CHOOSE between Tracy, Kobe, Dwayne und Lebron.

Gawd I'm glad not to be a teenager anymore.

I rule the local playground joewait's Avatar

Unlikely, because he'll never be a winner like Kobe, and Kobe's only about 100000000000000000x better than him.

I rule the local playground

The funny thing, after meeting them both in person, and other people's experienced included... LeBron James is the unlikeable one, where as Kobe goes out of his way for his fans. LeBron James wouldn't sign people's autographs in a Niketown, for an opening for his shoe. Kobe Bryant signed autographs for 3 teenagers at a drive through of a fast food resteraunt. Yeah, Kobe is the actual nice guy. Bill Simmons wrote during All-Star Weekend on how much of a d 1ck LeBron is. He refers to himself in 3rd person when he talks to you???

I rule the local playground joewait's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Mamba
    The funny thing, after meeting them both in person, and other people's experienced included... LeBron James is the unlikeable one, where as Kobe goes out of his way for his fans. LeBron James wouldn't sign people's autographs in a Niketown, for an opening for his shoe. Kobe Bryant signed autographs for 3 teenagers at a drive through of a fast food resteraunt. Yeah, Kobe is the actual nice guy. Bill Simmons wrote during All-Star Weekend on how much of a d 1ck LeBron is. He refers to himself in 3rd person when he talks to you???
    hahah link us to where bill simmons said this

Quote Originally Posted by joewait
    Unlikely, because he'll never be a winner like Kobe, and Kobe's only about 100000000000000000x better than him.

Kobe has Lebron beat by 100 miles when it comes to acting like a prick....

If bron starts raping & snitchin and fueding with the best player in the world, while imitating Jordan, and having the lousiest fans around....

yeah he sure will be hated as much as kobe

I rule the local playground

Kobe is a d 1ck on the bball court, but how is he even remotely a prick off of it?

Really Kobe raped someone? I didn't know he was in jail. Hmm, seeing as how the trial was dismissed, just like the Kwame Brown one. But yeah, it is Kobe so he raped the girl with the dirtiest panties in the world, with half the world's semen in it. She didn't have a likely agenda or anything.

Lousiest fans? Far from it. Some of them are crazy, as all fans are. But people who can see through all the bull sh 1t and veiled hate, and see one of the greatest talents to ever step on the court and appreciate it are definetely not "lousy" fans. Way to take a shot at the fan base. This comming from a Phiadelphia fan. Notorious for being the worst fans on the planet.

Kobe's been very friendly, nice and outgoing to reporters and fans pretty much every single time I've been around him in person, which is just a few times a year, for a whole bunch of years now

Quote Originally Posted by The Mamba
    Kobe is a d 1ck on the bball court, but how is he even remotely a prick off of it?

Really Kobe raped someone? I didn't know he was in jail. Hmm, seeing as how the trial was dismissed, just like the Kwame Brown one. But yeah, it is Kobe so he raped the girl with the dirtiest panties in the world, with half the world's semen in it. She didn't have a likely agenda or anything.

Lousiest fans? Far from it. Some of them are crazy, as all fans are. But people who can see through all the bull sh 1t and veiled hate, and see one of the greatest talents to ever step on the court and appreciate it are definetely not "lousy" fans. Way to take a shot at the fan base. This comming from a Phiadelphia fan. Notorious for being the worst fans on the planet.
    Look, you like Kobe Bryant. Great. wonderful. Fantastic. But you have to get it through your head that to a LOT of people he comes across as the most unlikeable player to ever lace up basketball shoes. It's a phenomenon unlike any I've ever seen in the sport, and I've been following it for almost 20 years.

Just like you can't understand how anyone could possibly not love and admire Kobe to the extent you do, WE can't understand how you could root for someone like that.

And the fact that so many DIFFERENT types of people see the EXACT same things regarding the more fanatical Bryant followers should tell you it's not just our imagination. Him and his obnoxious fans (not all) are just a package that creates dislike. The End.

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    Kobe's been very friendly, nice and outgoing to reporters and fans pretty much every single time I've been around him in person, which is just a few times a year, for a whole bunch of years now
    One of the things people dislike about him so much is that he comes across as a phony. After getting a perspective on what he's like behind the scenes (from Phil, Shaq, Malone, Chucky, Bogut, Tex, et al), it's hard to believe that he's friendly for any other reason than improving his image. But hey, I'm cynical.

^See?

Kobe fans live in a world all their own....They dont understand that being accused of rape has hurt kobe's fake ass squeeky clean image....it doesnt really matter what was in her panties..... the great kobe bryant, who only a few years prior scoffed at the notion that he would be seen at a strip club, all of a sudden is accused of rape and at the very least went raw-dog up in some smut bucket whore....If he werent an arrogant prick, people wouldnt feel the need to point it out soo much....If his fans knew anything about the history of the game, real NBA fans wouldnt have to reel these clowns back in and put the game into proper perspective all the time

Insult Philly fans if you want, but philly fans are as smart and knowledgable as any fans on this earth.... we sniffed this phoney out the day he skipped college and declare himself eligible for the NBA....and he is from this area!.... we usually love our own, but in this case it wasnt possible...

if he was a real dude, people would overlook his flaws, but the fact that he (& his fans) spend soo much time trying explain away his flaws as just "misunderstandings" & "haters hating" makes him all the more unlikable...

if kobe fans could accept that kobe isnt Michael Jordan, and that he is simply an elite guard in a league of about 5 or 6 more elite guards, he would fair much better...If kobe is going to be the greatest to ever lace up sneaks, let him prove it first...soo far hasnt proven it.......

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Trade
    i think people really started to hate on Kobe after the rape
    but me i respect Kobes game alot
    Kobe owned the NBA last year

as for Lebron i dont think so many players will hate on him like Kobe
    Kobe was a rare case
    nope according to a poll taken to decide how much a player is liked, before the rape trial, more than 50% of the people thought negatively about bryant than positively. after the rape, negative side went up about 15%.

but to answer your question, hell no. lebron wont ever even recieve 25% of the hate kobe does. maybe to people on ISH because we're constantly talkin basketball and alot of us have reasons to hate for personal pleasure I guess but to america and the public, lebron will always be liked as it appears
    Last edited by hotsizzle; 09-08-2006 at 11:57 AM.

Not airballing my layups anymore pgm's Avatar

King James has to be the most annoying nickname in a while.

Very good NBA starter

Do you think LeBron will attract as much hate as Kobe in years to come?

lebron will be a better basketball player, but he'll be embraced.

kobe is hated because he's just a stupid whiny sh!t head. he's the epitome of locker room cancer.