Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Anyone else annoyed at "spanish" jerseys?

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_dc_fan
    already did.
    try ENE-BE-A site, i think there's one.

it's a small, patronizing thing which doesn't bother me. it just seems like it would seem very patronizing to any intelligent latino.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    it's a small, patronizing thing which doesn't bother me. it just seems like it would seem very patronizing to any intelligent latino.
    I have no problem with it. I embrace diversity, and figure any American should, given that "we," as Americans, are the foreigner/invaders/aliens in all reality.

I just felt like the NBA half assed the effort though. Los Bulls? Los Suns? Yes, I know technically you don't translate proper nouns, but when it's an actual noun? Los Toros would make more sense.

Thank you Based Presti OKCThunderUP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
    I have no problem with it. I embrace diversity, and figure any American should, given that "we," as Americans, are the foreigner/invaders/aliens in all reality.

x100000000

Quote Originally Posted by 50inchvertical

I just felt like the NBA half assed the effort though. Los Bulls? Los Suns? Yes, I know technically you don't translate proper nouns, but when it's an actual noun? Los Toros would make more sense.
    I absolutely LOVE diversity, I have close friends from damn near every race and religion, friends from every continent and many islands. I love everyone and have never discriminated.

That being said, I absolutely HATE those stupid jerseys, I think it's a complete waste of time and distracting.......and if you're going to do it, what about in Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, French.....etc......why favor one culture over another? All have great loyal fans.......you see what this starts???
    Leave the uniforms as they are!!!!!!!