Don't think people are saying Kyrie has been the problem

He had 32 last night and played well.

Article is about love but video is what I'm talking about

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2016...lexed-doubters

"It was everything you hate about Kyrie"

Lmao ESPN.

College superstar

Default Re: Kyrie Irving leading the 2016 finals in scoring

And Kyrie leading the Cavs in scoring is partially the Cavs' problem. I will continue to repeat myself. Lebron's teams are better when he is the aggressor. Kyrie, as a scorer, is basically a perimeter version of Adrian Dantley. The individual numbers look impressive, and some of the moves are aesthetically pleasing, but it doesn't contribute to optimum team basketball. So much of Irving's scoring is predicated on one- on- one/ iso play that doesn't involve any other teammate touching the ball. In pick and roll situations he is looking to score and rarely sees that the person who sets the pick is wide open for a better shot. When Lebron is aggressive, even if his shot is off, his aggression creates opportunities for others.

Wasn't there a story shortly after Lue had taken over about him saying that a certain number of passes was better for the offense, but Irving responded implying that he was going to continue to do what he's been doing?

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    And Kyrie leading the Cavs in scoring is partially the Cavs' problem. I will continue to repeat myself. Lebron's teams are better when he is the aggressor. Kyrie, as a scorer, is basically a perimeter version of Adrian Dantley. The individual numbers look impressive, and some of the moves are aesthetically pleasing, but it doesn't contribute to optimum team basketball. So much of Irving's scoring is predicated on one- on- one/ iso play that doesn't involve any other teammate touching the ball. In pick and roll situations he is looking to score and rarely sees that the person who sets the pick is wide open for a better shot. When Lebron is aggressive, even if his shot is off, his aggression creates opportunities for others.

Wasn't there a story shortly after Lue had taken over about him saying that a certain number of passes was better for the offense, but Irving responded implying that he was going to continue to do what he's been doing?
    Complete and utter rubbish.

Sorry dude, but I almost threw up in my mouth a little reading your soliloquy.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy

Care to explain? I'm waiting on that laundry list of wins achieved by Kyrie dominating the scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Kyrie has out played Curry in every game this series minus last night and Kyrie was pretty damn good himself last night too.

Love Curry but Kyrie is poised to be one of the leagues best scorers. 23 years old and absolutely holding his own against the unanimous MVP.
    Not only that, but when Kyrie has blown past Curry in their one-on-one's, he has had to deal with either Bogut or Draymond at the rim. He's certainly not getting any easy baskets against them.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Kyrie has out played Curry in every game this series minus last night and Kyrie was pretty damn good himself last night too.

Love Curry but Kyrie is poised to be one of the leagues best scorers. 23 years old and absolutely holding his own against the unanimous MVP.
    Unfortunately, Kyrie doesn't have the benefit of sitting long stretches so that he still has his legs for the last 5 minutes. That's been the biggest difference in this series... Golden State's ability to go to their bench and, not just have it match the starters' production, but in many cases exceed it.

Kyrie or LeBron come out of the game and things immediately start falling apart. Livingston and Iggy come in the game and suddenly GS looks just as formidable, if not moreso.

Last night was a perfect example. Let's be honest about it... Kyrie was eating Curry's lunch for 3 1/2 quarters. But, he had to fight and scratch and claw so hard to help keep the Cavs in the game offensively while simultaneously chasing Curry all over the court or having to defend the much taller Livingston... it showed in the last few minutes.

You know who would have been very helpful in this series? The 2015 version of Delly off the bench. What the hell has happened to that guy in the playoffs? Not only is he a guy that the defense can literally ignore on the offensive side, Kyrie has been a much better defender than him in The Finals, even though Irving has to carry such an incredible offensive load and that's, like, Delly's only job.

Two guys can only do so much against a great team like Golden State. But, the play by Kyrie in this series, really on both ends of the floor, should be opening some people's eyes... especially considering his age.

He gives me hope that, as LeBron ages and eventually transitions to a fulltime PF, we'll still be able to contend... because he's only going to get better.

This series likely ends tomorrow, mainly because of how good the Warriors are, not anything the Cavs didn't do. I give respect where it's due. But Kyrie has been a problem for them and that's one thing that gives me hope going forward.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Care to explain? I'm waiting on that laundry list of wins achieved by Kyrie dominating the scoring.
    Care to explain the laundry list of wins in this series by the Cavs when Lebron is fumbling through the lane only to kick out to some random scrub behind the arc?

Shit worked with Ray Allen, Wade, Bosh, Battier and Mike Miller.

Those days are over.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Then you're an idiot...because what he said is right.

Did LeBron look like he was doing a great job being the "aggressor" last night? Literally the only reason the Cavs were in the game was Kyrie Irving. And, it wasn't just isolation. He was hitting spot-up threes. He even roasted Curry in the post a few times.

Also, the same people who now scream about their favorite new term -- "hero ball" -- have no problem with a certain player taking 30-footers off the dribble, so long as they go in. There is no more of a "hero ball" play in the league right now than the Curry/Thompson contested three-point heave from five-feet behind the line. They're just two incredible shooters, so it works for them.

The Cavs' offense has been humming like a well oiled machine prior to playing Golden State. The problem with the Warriors is, because they switch every screen, whether it is on the ball or off of it, they virtually force you into playing one-on-one. It's the same problem OKC had. Unfortunately, we don't have their length defensively which was the primary reason the Warriors had trouble with them. Westbrook and Durrant were doing the same kind of ISOing and 1-on-1 that LeBron and Kyrie are forced to do... and Kyrie has been one of the most consistently successful.

To use an example of how playing the Warriors is unlike playing any other team in the league...

Channing Frye had been awesome in these playoffs because he can do a reasonable job defensively against most of today's 4s and 5s and, when the Cavs go to those funky shooting lineups, it takes a big completely out of their defensive game. Unfortunately, we have a lot of those kind of guys and they are absolutely useless against the Warriors.

So, Kyrie breaking down the defense with his vast scoring skillset takes different forms depending on the opponent. Against this one, he has no choice but to try to make a play one-on-one. And, the same goes for LBJ, which is why he has been struggling too.

If/when the Warriors start losing this incredible cavalcade of defenders who can switch everything, be it to potentially age (Iggy, Livingston) or free agency (Barnes), every team in the league is going to continue to be forced to play simplistic offense against them. It's an advantage that we have a player who can still thrive under those conditions, not a hindrance.

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    Care to explain the laundry list of wins in this series by the Cavs when Lebron is fumbling through the lane only to kick out to some random scrub behind the arc?

Shit worked with Ray Allen, Wade, Bosh, Battier and Mike Miller.

Those days are over.
    Let's be honest about it... the Heat never had to deal with a team as good as the ones the Cavs are forced to go through to get a title. You can make an argument for the 2014 Spurs I guess, but they destroyed the Heat in much worse fashion than the Warriors have the Cavs, so that only further illustrates the point.

I've criticized Kyrie for his ability to lead a team but this series is hardly something you can knock him for, his play is like 80% the reason they won game 3 and were right there last game. Everything's fine in the pretty fantasy world where Lebron is constantly attacking, but what is Kyrie supposed to do when he is literally the only one out there playing like his balls haven't disappeared? When there are 4 guys on the court, including Lebron, all wanting no part of anything and just looking at Kyrie like "do something", I wouldn't blame Kyrie for going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Then you're an idiot...because what he said is right.
    You only agree with him because your head is shoved directly up LeBron's ass. Goofy bastard

Most of what that guy said is inaccurate anyway, and the sample he's using is WAY small to make such a broad and absurd conclusion. LeBron doesn't NEED to monopolize the ball every possession to score just for Cleveland to be considered "better". That's sub-optimal basketball at best ie. the 2009 and 2010 Cavs.

He can start by playing better defense. Hitting jumpers. Or even just finding guys without turning the ball over like a maniac.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

You only agree with him because your head is shoved directly up LeBron's ass. Goofy bastard

Most of what that guy said is inaccurate, and the sample he's using is WAY small to make such a broad and absurd conclusion.

LeBron doesn't need to monopolize the ball every possession to score just for the Cavs to be considered "better". That's sub-optimal basketball at best ie. the 2009 and 2010 Cavs.

He can start by playing better defense. Hitting jumpers. Or even just finding guys without turning the ball over like a maniac.

These Bransvestites have no shame.

LOL S[COLOR="Black"]M[/COLOR]OKE

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Most of what that guy said is inaccurate anyway, and the sample he's using is WAY small to make such a broad and absurd conclusion. LeBron doesn't NEED to monopolize the ball every possession to score just for Cleveland to be considered "better". That's sub-optimal basketball at best ie. the 2009 and 2010 Cavs.

Kyrie is a horrible team player though and nearly all the scoring the he does is from iso ball. For Kyrie to maximize himself he has to minimize the team. And I don't even like Lebron.