Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Derrick Rose with another stinker tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    He looks alright. Clearly has lost a bit in raw athleticism and takes horrible shots, but shows flashes that can be built into consistency.
    I agree.

And 31 mpg, 19 ppg, and 5 apg is not too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Rose won an MVP, too.

And he has played half a season after missing nearly two full years. To be honest, I think he looks great. Of course, I tend to consider an entire season, and not just a player's last game.
    Ok, I'll wait till after the season for my opinion. 50+ games isn't enough.

Rose isn't the same physically or mentally, and never will be. I know it's sad and all because you enjoy the pretty layups and such, but his "MVP" days are LONG gone...

He is not someone who can bounce back from such devastating injuries and come back stronger. He is far too stupid to become a cerebral player and his "MVP" game was heavily dependant on his athleticism and attack style of play. There's the catch 22 though... he gets hurt playing like that, and the only way to stay healthy is to not play like he previously did. Well what are you left with then? A guy who can't create for others and has limited impact on D. Trash.

As a side-note...it looks like Duncan is finally done, as well.

8 points, on 3-8 shooting, with 3 rebs.

When it goes...it goes in a hurry.

I agree.

And 31 mpg, 19 ppg, and 5 apg is not too shabby.
    Well it's not up to ISH standards....

Well it's not up to ISH standards....
    See my post above yours...

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    My D just rose.

Players can't have bad games in a 82 game season? Especially a player who hasn't played the previous 2x seasons? Um, ok. High standards a bit much. Some days he looks like 2011 Rose, others he looks older, and rusty. It is what it is going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Ok, I'll wait till after the season for my opinion. 50+ games isn't enough.

Rose isn't the same physically or mentally, and never will be. I know it's sad and all because you enjoy the pretty layups and such, but his "MVP" days are LONG gone...

He is not someone who can bounce back from such devastating injuries and come back stronger. He is far too stupid to become a cerebral player and his "MVP" game was heavily dependant on his athleticism and attack style of play. There's the catch 22 though... he gets hurt playing like that, and the only way to stay healthy is to not play like he previously did. Well what are you left with then? A guy who can't create for others and has limited impact on D. Trash.
    Yep...I can see the Bulls cutting him after tonight...

maybe the Sixers can find a place for him on the bench...and alongside a washed-up Duncan.

As a side-note...it looks like Duncan is finally done, as well.

8 points, on 3-8 shooting, with 3 rebs.

When it goes...it goes in a hurry.
    He has a much bigger impact on the game and is 40 years old. He gets a break.

Rose? Nah, he's gotten too many excuses and has idiots patiently waiting for him to be elite again. They don't realize the day will never ****ing come.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Players can't have bad games in a 82 game season? Especially a player who hasn't played the previous 2x seasons? Um, ok. High standards a bit much. Some days he looks like 2011 Rose, others he looks older, and rusty. It is what it is going forward.
    How many ****ing games does it take to shake of rust? 200?

Alright, marking my calendar for 2017. Can't wait till D-Rose returns to being a consistently good player!

What's your deal with Rose, you know him and Westbrook are good friends and Russ actually has his back.

You've never played basketball though so you won't quite understand that shooting %'s aren't everything. Kobe routinely shot 43-45% but did you ever question his impact on the game?

Westbrook's impact is quite obvious to anyone who's played the game and understands it.
    Yes

I rule the local playground dubnation's Avatar

He looks alright. Clearly has lost a bit in raw athleticism and takes horrible shots, but shows flashes that can be built into consistency.
    I can't tell how much of it is him being scared/timid, and how much of it is a real loss of athleticism. I swear I haven't seen him dunk this year.

Dunking on everybody in the park

He has a much bigger impact on the game and is 40 years old. He gets a break.

Rose? Nah, he's gotten too many excuses and has idiots patiently waiting for him to be elite again. They don't realize the day will never ****ing come.
    I just want to know why you are so bitter towards a guy who doesnt know of your existence? is it because of your obsession with russ? arent you a grown man.. should you have grown up from all of this?

the guy had 2 major knee surgeries and sat for 2 years, no shit he isnt gonna be the MVP immediately...

all the rose hate on this site usually comes from you, why are you so bitter towards a guy trying to regain his dream..

its pretty weird if you ask me, lol it is possible to like westbrook and rose, we arent 11 anymore hahaha

How many ****ing games does it take to shake of rust? 200?
    It hasn't been anywhere close to 200 games ... the hell are you talking about? It may take a full season or two to get consistency back. And he's been on minutes restriction until late January. He also has been visibly conserving himself not attacking the basket burning himself out in the regular season.

Calm down, you dork. Have you ever played ball, or come back from an injury of any kind? Let alone two catastrophic injuries that Rose suffered on BOTH legs? Why are you so salty about Derrick? Nit pick the guy at every turn. Insecure much?