Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #31
Replay32
Local High School Star

Default Re: Can we stop overrating Dwight Howard??? He's not that good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christofire
Dwight had has had one of the deepest teams in the league for abotu 4 seasons strong....Turkoglu, pietrus, lewis, barnes, Gortat, Nelson, Carter, Jason Richardson, Quentin richardson, brandon bass, jj reddick, ryan anderson, gilbert areans. How much more talent does he need?.....He's easily been surrounded with bettter player than james had in cleveland.

Accept it this guy is overrated nad is underachieving with the cast that he has. The problem is that he's not the passer he should be to get guys good shots off of teams double teaming him. As long his passing skills and post game is as limited as it is he will never win. Jason richardson is capable of creating his own shot allow him to do more of it.Areans can do it. Turk can do it, Jameer can do it. There is no reason why this team shot not be competing for the best record.

What about his coach? He has a coach who decided to start Jameer Nelson after missing pretty much the whole season and the playoffs in the NBA FINALS!!!! Are you kidding me. He also refused to play bass and gortat major minutes so dwight would have some help in size down low. Especially against the size of the lakers. Stan Van Gundy is not a horrible coach, but he's far from being a great coach.

NOt only that but, those perimeter players don't do a good job of giving dwight the ball consistently and freeze him out especially in the 2nd half of games. The magic take too many 3's and jumpers.

If Phil jackson was the coach of the magic the last 3 years dwight would probably have a title.

If I were to start a franchise today, I would start it with Dwight Howard over anybody else in the league. That includes lebron, wade, and kobe.
Replay32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #32
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
JRich was averaging almost 20ppg before the trade, Turk is a good player, Nelson is deadly in the clutch, and they gotta pretty nice bench.

Dwight has a good team. Blame Stan Van Gundy for making these guys shoot threes all day long.

J-Rich hasn't been consistent with Orlando, neither has Turkoglu. Nelson is a defensive liability, has horrible shot selection, poor court vision and just a very low basketball IQ, plus he's not consistent either. Even during his career season in '09, he was replaced by Rafer Alston and Orlando got to the finals without him.

His team is easily the worst if you're comparing him to Lebron/Wade, Kobe and Durant.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:36 PM   #33
jlauber
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
The only player I'd take over him is Lebron. He's the league's best defensive player, gives you 14+ boards and he's become an excellent offensive player with 23 ppg on 60% shooting despite not having a consistent second option or elite playmaker with him.

jlauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:37 PM   #34
Christofire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replay32
What about his coach? He has a coach who decided to start Jameer Nelson after missing pretty much the whole season and the playoffs in the NBA FINALS!!!! Are you kidding me. He also refused to play bass and gortat major minutes so dwight would have some help in size down low. Especially against the size of the lakers. Stan Van Gundy is not a horrible coach, but he's far from being a great coach.

NOt only that but, those perimeter players don't do a good job of giving dwight the ball consistently and freeze him out especially in the 2nd half of games. The magic take too many 3's and jumpers.

If Phil jackson was the coach of the magic the last 3 years dwight would probably have a title.

If I were to start a franchise today, I would start it with Dwight Howard over anybody else in the league. That includes lebron, wade, and kobe.

dwight doesn't do a good job of demanding the ball...He's a big cry baby. Shaq would've mopped the floor with his teammates had they not fed hiim the ball. dwight prefers to cry and whine. Feeding dwight the ball last season in the playoffs was death to the magic he sucked, he folded. He's has a lot of things to prove before i consider him to be an elite player. His roster has been better than mosst teams in this league and he's underachieved with it. coaching has a part in it as well though.
Christofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:42 PM   #35
Christofire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
J-Rich hasn't been consistent with Orlando, neither has Turkoglu. Nelson is a defensive liability, has horrible shot selection, poor court vision and just a very low basketball IQ, plus he's not consistent either. Even during his career season in '09, he was replaced by Rafer Alston and Orlando got to the finals without him.

His team is easily the worst if you're comparing him to Lebron/Wade, Kobe and Durant.

ask yourself why they haven't been consistent, what has changed that hampered their consistency?....These guys have all become nothing but spot up shooters. if their shots aren't dropping then they aren't gonna play well. I blame van gundy for this. Jason Richardson has a complete offensive game. he can post up, shoot the 3 and dribble drive. he''s no kobe bryan but he can give orlando a quality 17-19 pts if he's allowed to be a poor man's kobe to dwight howard. but, no!!! Van gundy want to post dwight and shoots 3..ALL GAME...van Gundy is operating under the false pretense that Howard is dominant when he IS not.
Christofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:43 PM   #36
DRose.IS.da.MAN
High School Starter

I agree, people overrate him so much. He is a great player, but hes not as best as he can be, he still has a lot of flaws in his game. He has been surrounded with talent for so long and he hasnt shown that he could be a leader or take over games, especially during crunch time.

And there no other legit centers in the league, so he basically has no competition most of the games, but he still doesnt play impressively.
DRose.IS.da.MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:03 PM   #37
greymatter
Local High School Star

It's funny seeing all these comments about his team being "loaded with talent".

This is 2010-11; not last season or the one before. Jrich is arguably their 2nd best player now and he's barely better than the washed up guy he replaced in VC. Nelson will always suck at Nash type levels on defense while making poor decisions with the ball. Turkoglu had one brilliant season (07-08) and idiots talk as if he's still an all-star caliber player who the Magic should be wiping the floor with.

They now have no quality defenders to help out (buh bye Pietrus, Gortat, Barnes) Howard, yet they're still a top 3 defensive team and Howard is "overrated".

So now we have RG replying to himself while trying his best to change his writing style with the OP.

PS: any incarnation of Yao << any DPOY version of Howard.

Last edited by greymatter : 03-31-2011 at 02:10 PM.
greymatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:07 PM   #38
DRose1899
Banned

stupid OP is stupid
DRose1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:10 PM   #39
pauk
NBA Legend

yea but if u replaced dwights name with Rose or Kobe then it would made even more sense
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #40
Clutch
7-time NBA All-Star

Dwight is by far the best center in the league.

He is not overrated.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:23 PM   #41
brownmamba00
Cali Love

Dwight is the most dominant player in the NBA, so no he's not overrated.
He's even underrated.
brownmamba00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:56 PM   #42
Ikill
i be killah swag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Dwight is by far the best center in the league.

He is not overrated.
so you can't be the best center in the NBA and be overrated
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:20 PM   #43
josh99
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB2clutch
yes he is clearly the best center in the league, but out of all the top 10 players in the league, if I wanted to win a championship right now, he'd be the last one id want to build around. To win a championship, your best player must be able to score one on one almost automatically, that is something that you can say for all top 10 players in the league except for dwight. yes he is amazing on defense but in reality the nba is still an offensive league, you can be as good as you want on defense but if your offense sucks you're not gonna win.
Last time I checked your team plays defense after every possession so thats like half the game... Oh and theres this little saying that defense wins championships. And tell me who can score automatically, I'm curious to know.
josh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: