Default It's been a minute...

Had to dust off my username and get back on the message boards. I was motivated by the lack of effort the Knicks have shown...even when they win.

I think they should just tank the rest of the season and Melo just go ahead and have that surgery on his ailing knee. Look forward to next season. This one is just an EMBARRASSMENT. Derek Fisher was NOT the right choice for the Knicks. He doesn't have the character to handle all of the attitudes and lack of camaraderie that the Knicks exhibit every time they huddle up, much less on the court.

I cringe whenever Dalembert is on the court. How is this guy still in the NBA? I'm through ranting.

I hope the "old timers" on these boards are all doing great. Have an awesome Holiday Season all!!!

Default Re: It's been a minute...

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo
    Had to dust off my username and get back on the message boards. I was motivated by the lack of effort the Knicks have shown...even when they win.

I think they should just tank the rest of the season and Melo just go ahead and have that surgery on his ailing knee. Look forward to next season. This one is just an EMBARRASSMENT. Derek Fisher was NOT the right choice for the Knicks. He doesn't have the character to handle all of the attitudes and lack of camaraderie that the Knicks exhibit every time they huddle up, much less on the court.

I cringe whenever Dalembert is on the court. How is this guy still in the NBA? I'm through ranting.

I hope the "old timers" on these boards are all doing great. Have an awesome Holiday Season all!!!

Same to you, Bro. I agree with most everything you say here, but I like Fisher. The guy's coaching a first year team that's in tank mode... he's kept it pretty cool, considering. Gotta give him 2 years to see what he's capable of, IMO.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Welcome back Amigo, long time no hear. definitely agree on Dalembert, the dude is flat out awful.

So glad to see two "old timers" still around. Wonder if Big Daddy Bluesman is still ticking.

I don't HATE hate Fisher. I just don't feel that he's the right fit for a team so "big" or popular. I think he's more of a Magic team type of coach.

Also, I am glad to see them win last night. Regardless if it was against the Celtics, like many around my neighborhood so adamantly point out. A two game win streak wouldn't hurt. Especially, for the holidays.

if we had chandler, we would have won a few more games that we lost

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    if we had chandler, we would have won a few more games that we lost
    True, but he didnt want to be here for a rebuild. He's happy where he is and his play shows it.

Dalembert might be one of the worst centers I've ever seen...he's awful at every single requirment for the position.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    True, but he didnt want to be here for a rebuild. He's happy where he is and his play shows it.

Dalembert might be one of the worst centers I've ever seen...he's awful at every single requirment for the position.
    Harsh words. You don't remember Chris Dudley, Jerome James or Felton Spencer? Sam may be past his prime, but he still alters shots and grabs boards. For what it's worth, we don't win in Boston Friday without him.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    Harsh words. You don't remember Chris Dudley, Jerome James or Felton Spencer? Sam may be past his prime, but he still alters shots and grabs boards. For what it's worth, we don't win in Boston Friday without him.
    Awesome, he helped us beat a team that is rebuilding.

Straight Hardcore percelloveknicks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo
    So glad to see two "old timers" still around. Wonder if Big Daddy Bluesman is still ticking.

I don't HATE hate Fisher. I just don't feel that he's the right fit for a team so "big" or popular. I think he's more of a Magic team type of coach.

Also, I am glad to see them win last night. Regardless if it was against the Celtics, like many around my neighborhood so adamantly point out. A two game win streak wouldn't hurt. Especially, for the holidays.
    I remember a couple of years ago big daddy bluesman critizized my spelling on this board, I was mad as hell and stop posting for awhile, but I like knickcity tho.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Awesome, he helped us beat a team that is rebuilding.
    C'mon man...... if you've been around a while, you KNOW there's nothing like thumping that green team - don't care if they suck as bad as we do.
    Yes, Sam's career is just about done.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    C'mon man...... if you've been around a while, you KNOW there's nothing like thumping that green team - don't care if they suck as bad as we do.
    Yes, Sam's career is just about done.
    Thats why I dont get hyped for that matchup anymore, it's been a minute since both team have been relevant together. You'd have to go back to Bernard King days to get a great matchup between the two. i remember it vividly as I was there in person.

When has both teams been relevant at the same time, we had that fluke year which doesn't count, after that the celtics managed to capture a chip and are back on track for rebuilding while the Knicks are still searching for the meaning of life

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    When has both teams been relevant at the same time, we had that fluke year which doesn't count, after that the celtics managed to capture a chip and are back on track for rebuilding while the Knicks are still searching for the meaning of life
    In the early Seventies. I'm almost 50.