Default REPORT: Pat Riley can't stand that Wade and James' are good friends off the court

"So, about the intersection of the LeBron-Wade friendship and Riley-LeBron relationship

Default Re: REPORT: Pat Riley can't stand that Wade and James' are good friends off the court

[QUOTE=Hey Yo]"So, about the intersection of the LeBron-Wade friendship and Riley-LeBron relationship

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: REPORT: Pat Riley can't stand that Wade and James' are good friends off the court

While were on the subject of shit Pat riley doesnt like but couldnt do anything about:

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Real talk...if Lebron and Durant did that in the finals it would lead sportscenter no matter the outcome of the game wouldnt it? They would be reeeeeeal careful about the coverage though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Real talk...if Lebron and Durant did that in the finals it would lead sportscenter no matter the outcome of the game wouldnt it? They would be reeeeeeal careful about the coverage though.
    Imagine the comments on here

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Imagine the comments on here
    That would be hilarious. Pat Riley needs to settle the hell down...they're playing basketball...not ****ing going to war.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 05-27-2016 at 08:24 PM.

College superstar

Kblaze8855 beat me to it.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    "Johnson calls Thomas "Zeke,"...Thomas calls Johnson Earvin or Buck...Zeke says he and Buck are kindred spirits in many ways, one their shared spontaneity. To illustrate, Thomas recreated a typical off-season conversation. It begins with a call from him, though it could just as easily be the other way around.
    "What are you doing?"
    "Nothing."
    Me. too. Want to go to New York?"
    "Yeah."
    "Meet you there."
    The would meet, go to a play, go dancing, take a hansom cab ride through Central Park...

"He's not Magic and I'm not Isiah; we're just two guys, two friends, two brothers talking...We play ball, call each other names and get a lot off our chests," Johnson said.

Thomas was Johnson's house guest and cheerleader during the Laker-Celtic wars of the past few years. There's an "Isiah Room" in the mansion.The friendship is on hold. "On the court, he's the enemy, and it will be that way until the day the series ends," said Johnson. "We can talk then."

Source- June 14, 1988

While having this type of friendship during the offseason these two rivals, who played the same position, were still competitive enough to try and take each other's head off in the Finals. Try telling Magic and Isiah that they were not competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    "Michael Jordan is my friend and I keep that separate from basketball," Barkley said Thursday. "One thing doesn't have anything to do with the other. I don't have to put the friendship aside during the finals."

Both players have said they intend to play golf during the series...

Source- June 11, 1993 During the Finals

Magic Johnson, already unpopular in Phoenix, has another critic: Charles Barkley.

Barkley is unhappy at Magic for saying that Barkley and Michael Jordan have been too friendly during the NBA Finals.

Magic is just talking to talk," Barkley said Thursday...

In his role as an NBC analyst, Johnson implied he was surprised that Barkley and Jordan had gone out to dinner during the championship series, which the Bulls can wrap up Friday night by winning Game 5.

Barkley dined with Jordan at Jordan's restaurant after Sunday's Game 3. Johnson also was there.

Meanwhile, Barkley said he and Jordan dined together at the popular nightspot after Wednesday night's game

Source- June 18, 1993 During the Finals

Well Lebron is now the Heat's enemy since he screwed over Miami and hurt their fans by pulling out in 2014.

Dunking on everybody in the park BedroomBully's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    Without Wade-James friendship, Lebron and possibly Bosh dont come to Miami in 2010 and no 2 rings for Riles.
    Exactly! People act like Riley was the mastermind behind Bron and Bosh coming to Miami. That was all Wade! F#$k Riley.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Without Wade-James friendship, Lebron and possibly Bosh dont come to Miami in 2010 and no 2 rings for Riles.

Bosh was pretty much going to come to the Heat regardless if Lebron did or not.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 05-27-2016 at 09:28 PM.

You need to calm down and chill, he would not be going to the Knicks even if he didnt go to Miami.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Riley hated it, but it's not really a big deal as long as it doesn't affect your play. Jordan was good friends with Barkley and Ewing. Magic and Isiah were butt-buddies with their stupid like "look at us, we're friends who kiss before games" thing. They were both close friends with Mark Aguirre. Wilt and Russell were friends and would hang out before games.

I don't think anyone would question Russell, Isiah, Magic, and Jordan's competitiveness even though they had good friends in the NBA.

While were on the subject of shit Pat riley doesnt like but couldnt do anything about:

Guess the ****0tism went to his son

Love Live Life

Reading that magic/Isiah article sounded a little gay. I ain't saying they are but it sounded like they were going on dates and stuff.

But on topic I feel what Riley saying. That's that old school ball tho.

I'm a huge Pat Riley guy and he deserves a ton of credit for turning the Heat into a relevant franchise and creating a winning culture in the 90's. That being said, he's wrong here. As others have mentioned, Wade's friendship with Lebron essentially led to 2 titles. There's also a chance that their friendship will result in Lebron returning to Miami at some point.

I understand the old school mentality, but Riley owes A LOT of his status as a GOAT caliber GM to Wade. Without Wade there's no Shaq, no Lebron, no Bosh, and likely no rings. Let the man be friends with whoever he wants.