Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Does anyone still actually consider Kobe a top 10 player? (alltime)

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    It's in relation to the competition.

Look...they East has been a total joke since 2011. You people just don't get it...you don't get how much harder it is to play real teams while you get to the finals. It's so much easier...less wear and tear...fresher legs. It matters a ton and we can't just ignore the cakewalk to the finals since 11.

Funny how...in 11...they had to beat real teams...and even though the Heat dominated them...they ran up against a wall in the finals.

But it's not even about any of that. Winning 2 titles in 4 years (if the Heat lose this year) is just average. It is absolutely not special given their circumstances. You'd expect that out of all the top players of all time in the heart of their prime. Pair Barkley with the Wade/Bosh equivalent in the heart of his prime and the over under in 4 years on the Heat is 2 titles.

That is what we can't ignore. 2011 happened....and the Heat should already have a 3 peat. LEbron choked and cost his team the title. If they were to not win this year...that will loom quite large for his legacy at the moment.

A win this year doesn't erase it, but pretty much cancels it out as 3 titles and 4 finals appearances in the first 4 years together is fantastic regardless of competition level.

But 2 in 4? With at least 1 finals being an epic choke job? Nah...that is average or slightly below expectations given the circumstances of the team and league.
    Meh. In 2011, Boston and Chicago were "real teams".

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Meh. In 2011, Boston and Chicago were "real teams".
    That's what I just said.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    The entire TNT crew agreed that Duncan and Shaq were the best players of the decade. And what Duncan did from 98 (and 99 depending on how how you view the decade) and 2010-14 is better than what Kobe did (though this is mainly due to injuries on Kobe's behalf).

Stop acting like the only people who rank Duncan ahead of Kobe are forum posters. The fact of the matter is reporters ask previous players about Kobe and they are inclined to answer.

TNT ranked Kobe as the player of the decade.

It's in relation to the competition.

Look...they East has been a total joke since 2011.

So the Pacers and Bulls were on pace for 50 wins just like that, right? And the C's for 49? Stop this Stupidity, bro... Even in 2013 and 2014 you still had the 50 win Pacers.

I mean, hell, in 2012 the Pacers had the 5th best record in the league and you're talking about joke competition? Dafuq

That's what I just said.
    Didn't read.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

link?

i have a link where chuck says kobes top 5

and another link where shaq says kobe > himself

but its a what have you done for me lately society. and duncan losing in the finals is better than kobe winning 3 straight, then 2 straight and 5 overall

and theyre big men themselves. they like to prop up other bigs.

that and hype up current things/storylines. thats what broadcasters are paid to do

fact is nearly every poll that ive seen has kobe over duncan
    Starts around 1:40:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3s9liFrHWQ

They scoff at the idea of Kobe being the player of the decade.

Most of those polls are voted by the casual fan, or the Lakers fans (there's a lot of them, you know), many of whom may not have even heard Duncan's name before. I'm not saying Kobe can't be the player of the decade, his generation, etc. What I'm saying is you're being unfair.
    Last edited by T_L_P; 05-27-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    TNT ranked Kobe as the player of the decade.
    TNT viewers. The analysts all agreed it was Shaq and Duncan. Not only that, they pretty much wrote off the Kobe voters as silly casuals (which, let's face it, most of them are).

1:40 mark

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    TNT viewers. The analysts all agreed it was Shaq and Duncan. Not only that, they pretty much wrote off the Kobe voters as silly casuals (which, let's face it, most of them are).

1:40 mark

Funny thing is..... they're wrong.

If we were talking about 95-05, then Shaq would win easily.

But how can he be the best player in a decade where you stopped being top 5 halfway through (05-06 >)

Arbitrary Water]I also like this other retard on here who thinks the 93 Suns would "FEAST" on the 2012 Thunder

A team that doesn't play defense would feast on Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and James Harden? Those be gettin' buckets you can count on that

That youngin need to learn..
    Awww poor baby getting her panties in a bunch?
    Don't throw ur toys out of the pram now. We all know you weren't alive to watch those teams.

Mmm# 17> 13. 4B'D> 2B'D. 5> 2.

Mmkthxbte
    Last edited by Mr Feeny; 05-27-2014 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    Funny thing is..... they're wrong.

If we were talking about 95-05, then Shaq would win easily.

But how can he be the best player in a decade where you stopped being top 5 halfway through (05-06 >)
    Maybe he did more in those 6 years then Kobe did in 10?