Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: A Ring as the best player in the Weakest era ever or runner up in the stongest era?

Quote Originally Posted by robert_shaww
    duncan should NOT be ranked above Malone. thats correct.
    More rings, same number of MVPs, more Finals MVPs, better stats, better intangibles (Duncan's leadership qualities alone), better defense.

What case does Malone have? He played better teams in the Finals and lost?

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Default Re: A Ring as the best player in the Weakest era ever or runner up in the stongest era?

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    but he is...and it's unanimously agreed by his peers, current and former NBA players as well as coaches and NBA analysts. Karl Malone IS NOT better than Tim Duncan...that is a fact!
    yes, its a fact.

but its not true, depends in coaches, teammates and a weaker or stronger era. its no the same facing hakeem/ drexler rockets or Jordan/pippen/rodman bulls (best team ever for many peer, and former nba players as well as coaches and nba analysts) than facing the nets, the 8th seed knicks without ewing, or even the cavs.

[QUOTE=robert_shaww]tell me this, honestly, if duncan was playing with utah in the 90

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by kells333
    Since when has this become a weak era? The nba has never seen the athletes its seeing now before.

Yes it has. You telling me Hibbert is a better athlete than Hakeem, D-Rob, or even Ewing? Or that Kevin Love, the best PF in the NBA, is a better athlete than Karl Malone, or even Charles Barkley?

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    More rings, same number of MVPs, more Finals MVPs, better stats, better intangibles (Duncan's leadership qualities alone), better defense.

What case does Malone have? He played better teams in the Finals and lost?
    you dont understand my point.

Imagine for a moment a GREAT player playing in the 90

yes, its a fact.

but its not true, depends in coaches, teammates and a weaker or stronger era. its no the same facing hakeem/ drexler rockets or Jordan/pippen/rodman bulls (best team ever for many peer, and former nba players as well as coaches and nba analysts) than facing the nets, the 8th seed knicks without ewing, or even the cavs.
    What is with your agenda? Why list Malone's best opponents and some of Duncan's worst? Are you forgetting the Shaq/Kobe Lakers (way better than Hakeem's Rockets), or the '05 Pistons (one of the best defensive teams ever)?

Even Jerry Sloan called Duncan the GOAT PF.

1-2 for Malone
    0 for Duncan

The net difference is two. Simple logic.

And Malone would probably play slightly better defense (still not near the level of Duncan's), but he'd also sacrifice some of his offensive stats (Malone was competent defensively but he didn't use most of his energy on it). Double-edged sword.

What is with your agenda? Why list Malone's best opponents and some of Duncan's worst? Are you forgetting the Shaq/Kobe Lakers (way better than Hakeem's Rockets), or the '05 Pistons (one of the best defensive teams ever)?

Even Jerry Sloan called Duncan the GOAT PF.
    My agenda? i have no agenda. just talking here.

but there is no chance with you...saying malone is winning 1 ring with the spurs in all decade is funny.

duncan with 39% FG vs pistons in 05...imagine Malone that series...and he is wining the ring easily in 99 and 07...EASILY

[QUOTE=robert_shaww]you dont understand my point.

[QUOTE=robert_shaww]you dont understand my point.

Can't provide the defensive domination from 98-05; can't match Duncan's production in 06. Wins in 07, loses to the Lakers or Celtics in 08, no Manu in 09, maybe they win in 10 or 11.

1-2 rings. Stop your stupidity. Malone couldn't beat 44 and 47 win teams. Now he's 3-peating.

Duncan had 12PPG in 2011 Playoffs...malone never scored 12 Points in any game in his carrer.....

Can't provide the defensive domination from 98-05; can't match Duncan's production in 06. Wins in 07, loses to the Lakers or Celtics in 08, no Manu in 09, maybe they win in 10 or 11.

1-2 rings. Stop your stupidity. Malone couldn't beat 44 and 47 win teams. Now he's 3-peating.
    great, so malone is not wining in 1999 ??????????????

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    curious to know what your top 10-15 is...if u don't mind
    He has Kobe number 7 even though he played the same teams in the Finals from '00-'02 and he was clearly the second best player on his team.

Duncan in 15th because he's been carried by a 15/4/4 Manu Ginobili for the past 10 years (even though in that time Duncan has been a 22/12/3/3 player).

My agenda? i have no agenda. just talking here.

but there is no chance with you...saying malone is winning 1 ring with the spurs in all decade is funny.

duncan with 39% FG vs pistons in 05...imagine Malone that series...and he is wining the ring easily in 99 and 07...EASILY

you seem to forget the flip-side of things too...put Duncan with Stockton and he's light years ahead of what Malone was IMO.