Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-22-2008, 03:40 AM   #46
-Ev08-
Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Seven Reasons why the Suns will be champs

I agree Bynum will not "dominate" with Shaquille in the low post, but at the same time neither will Amare when Bynum is guarding the low post. Shaquille WILL get into foul troulbe against Bynum, Drew is a different kind of beast this season...he was playing out of this world in the last month before his injury. Consistently putting up 17/13/3 on 70%...taking only about 7-9 shots a game.

Quote:
Although that doesn't explain why they could blow them out in the regular season then lose in 5 in the playoffs.

Same way Lakers lose to bad teams in the regular season, by not taking them seriously. LA torching Phoenix in game 1 shocked & pissed Phoenix, in game 2 Bynum dominated Phoenix...so I knew Suns weren't playing down on their competition that game, Lakers won another game with Shaquille...only time Suns won was without either of our bigs. All games were similarly close, it'll be a great series...max 7 game, min 6 games...my point was this season series shows a better indication of what will happen in the playoffs, then the previous year's results because Lakers are on another level.

There will be no justice if these two teams don't face in the playoffs...hopefully WCF.

Last edited by -Ev08- : 03-22-2008 at 03:42 AM.
-Ev08- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:08 AM   #47
bence23
Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
The Lakers beat the Suns last season in the regular season as well. They won a game by 20+ without Kobe Bryant as well. But the Suns CRUSHED them in the playoffs. There's a huge difference between a regular season game and a playoff game. That has proven true time and time again, and with Shaq it's even more true. Unless you have an explanation for last year?

The Suns have been playing great during this streak. They beat the Spurs in a defensive game and Shaq owned Duncan defensively. That was a huge sign of things to come in my opinion.

They are outscoring teams by an average of 15 during this streak, and although they beat the Sonics, Grizzlies and Kings, they also faced the Spurs, the Warriors and a fully healthy Blazer team (check out their record when healthy).

The Suns transition defense was terrible to start (but it's been getting a lot better) and the perimeter defense was actually worse then the interior defense. Now with Gordon, Bell and Hill all being good defenders on the perimeter, the defense is looking a lot better.

And Shaq is protecting the rim. The Suns are killing teams on the boards since he's been here. I think they've outrebounded every team but one (Pistons) since the trade. That's huge for the playoffs.

you forgot to mention our 3 pt shooting is finally back. Hopefully bell is still on fire when he returns.
bence23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:26 AM   #48
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

Quote:
Phoenix stumbled on a better-than-average defender

I stoped reading there
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:37 AM   #49
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

The Celtics really shouldn't be listed as a reason why a different team will win the Title. The Suns did beat them once, props, but so have Bob's Cats. It would be inadvisable to read too much into one victory.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:54 AM   #50
All Net

Beating the Celtics in Boston would be a better way to proof a point about the Suns winning it all. When you are a contender you pretty much have to beat other contenders at home.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:58 AM   #51
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:19 PM   #52
Mrofir
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
The Celtics really shouldn't be listed as a reason why a different team will win the Title. The Suns did beat them once, props, but so have Bob's Cats. It would be inadvisable to read too much into one victory.

I absolutely agree, but while I took the Phoenix victory into consideration, I was thinking more about match ups and playing style when I said I thought Phoenix could take the Celtics in 7.

As far as home games, only Suns fans know that when it comes to the elite squads, Phoenix actually has secretly reversed the meaning of "home" and "away", making a home victory over the Celtics more impressive to me than a road victory. I'm serious, dude.

Also, Dirk diggler, I didn't get to read your post, because I stopped when I realized your name was dirk diggler. But I'm sure it was something intelligent about how the Suns need a physically, mentally, emotionally weak and fragile 7 footer who plays suspect D and takes fade-away 20 footers when being guarded by 6'5 guards.

Just because Giricek is white, has an eastern european name, and you haven't heard of him, doesn't mean he's slow, unathletic and a bad defender. It doesn't mean he's a good 3pt shooter either. But it's better to just guess I suppose, if you have no clue what you're talking about.

Last edited by Mrofir : 03-22-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Mrofir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:52 PM   #53
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Los Angeles Lakers will not allowed the Phoenix Suns to advance in the NBA Finals.

It's time for the Purple and Gold to represent the Western Conference, and I do not think they can stop Gasol/Kobe/Odom/Bynum in the playoffs.

Lakers will stop them in 6 games.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: