Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default It just hit me.........

If kobe would of won the finals vs celtics in 08 he would be the 2nd best player ever and even would could be = jordan.That 1 series kept him from being a top 2 player of all time .if he would of 3 peated 2 times he would of been top 2 with jordan.Now he's doomed to be top 10 and every decade that goes by he will prolly fall 1 or 2 spots......Its sad in a way

Default Re: It just hit me.........

if kobe won in 04 and 08 nobody could deny him as the greatest of all-time. 7 chips.

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    If kobe would of won the finals vs celtics in 08 he would be the 2nd best player ever and even would could be = jordan.That 1 series kept him from being a top 2 player of all time .if he would of 3 peated 2 times he would of been top 2 with jordan.Now he's doomed to be top 10 and every decade that goes by he will prolly fall 1 or 2 spots......Its sad in a way
    if lebron would of won the 11 finals vs mavs, he would be 10

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    if kobe won in 04 and 08 nobody could deny him as the greatest of all-time. 7 chips.
    tru

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Actually, he would only have 3 FMVPs though out of 7 rings, where as Jordan had 6/6 FMVPs

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Actually, he would only have 3 FMVPs though out of 7 rings, where as Jordan had 6/6 FMVPs
    naw but he would of had 7 rings not gona lie he really would be the goat going 7 out 7 and being so good late in his career.BUT IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

Banned

he'd have 3 in a row with gasol and scrubs though

that > jordans finals mvps with legends pippen/rodman

2 fmvps, cause one goes to gasol. nevertheless, if kobe would have won 04 with saq and 08, he would def. have a shot for top 3. now he is considered 7-10

naw but he would of had 7 rings not gona lie he really would be the goat going 7 out 7 and being so good late in his career.BUT IT DIDN'T HAPPEN
    To me, FMVPs are more telling of how dominant you are during a championship run. 6 > 4 (theoretical)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

And he didn't win those years because of how good at basketball he is.

Just like if Kobe had a made a run in the playoffs in 06 he would be known as a better player...but in order to make that run he would have had to be a better player.

Which is why circumstances matter for inividual and team success and we have to put it all into context, but we also can't ignore it either.

I'd bet my life that peak MJ gets that 06 Lakers team past the 06 Suns...

To me, FMVPs are more telling of how dominant you are during a championship run. 6 > 4 (theoretical)
    even the biggest kobe hater would admit 7 > 6 with completely different teammates 3 peating.Too bad it didnt happen he really would of be the unanimous goat or at worst top 2 all time

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

if Bynum & Ariza were healthy it prolly happens, the way the 08 Celtics defended Kobe with 3 people at all times they were just begging for another Laker to step up and beat them..

even the biggest kobe hater would admit 7 > 6 with completely different teammates 3 peating.Too bad it didnt happen he really would of be the unanimous goat or at worst top 2 all time
    I dunno man.. He's still not beating Jordan's playoff/finals averages unless Kobe had really stepped it up for those 2 other rings. Aside from Pippen, a lot of Jordan's cast was different in his first 3 peat than the second. I just can't consider a guy who wasn't the leader of his team for 3 of the rings to be greater than Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    if Bynum & Ariza were healthy it prolly happens, the way the 08 Celtics defended Kobe with 3 people at all times they were just begging for another Laker to step up and beat them..
    do anayone remeber how disgusting the celtics were at these finals? remember how the celtics-bench hampered and distracted lakers players from shooting, especially kobe. was a shame to watch these.