Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: How can you not like Blake Griffin?

I don't like his face.

Never liked Blake. Good player, just never a fan.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

I get tired of seeing the NBA trying to market him as much as they do. He doesn't have nearly the charisma they think he does.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    BTW I must say I have ZERO problem with celebrating and getting hyped. I think things like staredowns and what Westbrook does are a throwback to previous generations and I wish MORE players acted like Westbrook. I just think it's stupid to bring up Blake's staredowns and not point out significantly worse offenders who people like. If you hate Blake because he stares down players than you should hate Shaq the biggest offender ever, or current players who do it.
    I think I may agree with that. There's a line there somewhere between staredowns, celebrations, and flat out fight-inducing taunting, but I don't think Westbrook or Griffin are anywhere close to that.

I was watching a Houston Rockets 1993 playoff game last week and I have to admit it was kind of refreshing to see so many players unafraid to celebrate after big plays, even if the game was not over yet. I think may people through the years have begun equating celebrating with believing that player thinking they've already won. Players know the game's not over yet, I think it just brings more emotion to the table. Similarly, I think post-dunk celebrations or staredowns can add some flavor as well.

With all that said, I think the reception of those stare downs and celebrations are totally dependent upon how a fan feels about the player committing the action. For instance, in Russell Westbrook's case, it just works for me. When I see him...

... I think it looks awesome. On the flip side, when Dwyane Wade hits a three in the corner and holds his arms to the sky in celebration during an apparent NBA Finals game blowout, I do not find that neat. As such, I think many folks who dislike Griffin's stare downs are people who don't particularly care for him in the first place (as opposed to the stare downs being the cause of the hatred).
    Last edited by Rake2204; 08-06-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KG5MVP
    yea he's the only player who it's literally impossible to find something to criticize

Have you experienced the world at all?

It's full of hateful people that want to tear someone down.

People will always find something to criticize, especially on the internet.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I think I may agree with that. There's a line there somewhere between staredowns, celebrations, and flat out fight-inducing taunting, but I don't think Westbrook or Griffin are anywhere close to that.

I was watching a Houston Rockets 1993 playoff game last week and I have to admit it was kind of refreshing to see so many players unafraid to celebrate after big plays, even if the game was not over yet. I think may people through the years have begun equating celebrating with believing that player thinks they've already won. Players know the game's not over yet, I think it just brings more emotion to the table. Similarly, I think post-dunk celebrations or staredowns can add some flavor as well.

With all that said, I think the reception of those stare downs and celebrations are totally dependent upon how a fan feels about the player committing the action. For instance, in Russell Westbrook's case, it just works for me. When I see him...

... I think it looks awesome. On the flip side, when Dwyane Wade hits a three in the corner and holds his arms to the sky in celebration during an apparent NBA Finals game blowout, I do not find that neat. As such, I think many folks who dislike Griffin's stare downs are people who don't particularly care for him in the first place (as opposed to the stare downs being the cause of the hatred).
    glad you see it too. I agree celebrations add a ton. Imagine if Kemp over Lister had just a simple Blake staredown instead of the laughing/pointing gesture? Nowhere near as good!

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius

Have you experienced the world at all?

It's full of hateful people that want to tear someone down.

People will always find something to criticize, especially on the internet.

Hes easy to hate

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Westbrook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4sD9Z_uOlM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egwfn9t28iY

Dude is constantly celebrating and nobody says a word. I've seen him stare people down about 500 times since he's been in the league too.

James Harden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5QTsDR0Kns

MUCH douchier staredown than anything Blake has done. Does crap like this pretty regularly.

Serge Ibaka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr-e1cpzanU

Classless antics after blocking a players shot at the end of a game.

I'm not singling out the Thunder for personal reasons but rather because the general NBA fan and media paints the Thunder as the likable media darlings and the Clippers as cheap, dirty... floppers yet when you actually watch unbiasedly the Clippers don't act like this at all. I'd rather my team flop like everybody else than act like arrogant douches.

This is completely irrelevant but, Kobe got his old ass shook in the first vid

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Catalyst
    It's impossible not to. Arguably the most exciting thing to come into the league since VC, exceeding expectations and takes $hit from nobody. I have had nothing to do with the Clippers in the past but have began watching their games more regularly. LA must hang onto him for dear life because he will put this franchise on his back and lead them to better days, I think I have a little bit of a man crush. . .
    He's overrated, showoffy, and is soft. I hate him.