Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Turkish soccer fans boo moment of silence for Paris bombing, crowd chants

Banned

Default Re: Turkish soccer fans boo moment of silence for Paris bombing, crowd chants

Turks gonna support ISIS-whats new?

Your resident Turk imdaman99 has been doing the same for years

Local High School Star HitandRun Reggie's Avatar

Default Re: Turkish soccer fans boo moment of silence for Paris bombing, crowd chants

#notallmuslims_just90%

Made that high school varsity squad Goofsta Knicca's Avatar

Turks gon Turk

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Turks gonna support ISIS-whats new?

Your resident Turk imdaman99 has been doing the same for years
    Cringeworthy and so inaccurate on all levels No surprise, you love to make stuff up.

that fuc ked up

Quote Originally Posted by HitandRun Reggie
    #notallmuslims_just90%
    Let me do the math. 1.6 billion Muslims in the world, so that means there must have been 1.44 billion people packed into this stadium. That's gotta be a record

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Let me do the math. 1.6 billion Muslims in the world, so that means there must have been 1.44 billion people packed into this stadium. That's gotta be a record
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Turkey supposed to be one of the much more moderate muslim countries?

You don't need all 1.6 million muslims in a stadium booing to assume there is a largescale problem of muslims having hostile opinions towards the Western world based on something like that. If Turkey is a relatively moderate muslim country, and even they are booing a moment of silence over the paris attacks, it doesn't take much imagination to believe perhaps we should stop pretending this muslims vs the west thing isn't a problem? At this point I'm more concerned as to how the hell are we going to ever move past it.

I used to think that the number of muslims that are dangerously sensitive to criticism and/or ridicule of their religion was blown out of proportion and that we are talking about an overwhelming minority of muslims. But when I see things like this it really does make me think a large number of muslims just do not agree with or are not capable of handling Western freedoms that put them in a position to receive the same open-forum style criticisms and teasing that all other individuals and religions are subjected to.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Turkey supposed to be one of the much more moderate muslim countries?

You don't need all 1.6 million muslims in a stadium booing to assume there is a largescale problem of muslims having hostile opinions towards the Western world based on something like that. If Turkey is a relatively moderate muslim country, and even they are booing a moment of silence over the paris attacks, it doesn't take much imagination to believe perhaps we should stop pretending this muslims vs the west thing isn't a problem? At this point I'm more concerned as to how the hell are we going to ever move past it.

I used to think that the number of muslims that are dangerously sensitive to criticism and/or ridicule of their religion was blown out of proportion and that we are talking about an overwhelming minority of muslims. But when I see things like this it really does make me think a large number of muslims just do not agree with or are not capable of handling Western freedoms that put them in a position to receive the same open-forum style criticisms and teasing that all other individuals and religions are subjected to.
    Turkey was once moderate 5-10 years ago but it is becoming a fundamentalist hellhole, and their government is actively aiding ISIS.

The people themselves are racist as f*ck. They are easily just as racist as Egyptians.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

I kinda said it tongue in cheek. I'm not gonna say every Muslim I spoke to about the Paris attacks was upset and apologetic about it (1 guy basically said France had it coming to them with the way they treat Muslims ie banning the hijab and "satirical" comics) but almost everyone denounced that shit.

A lot of these countries are turning for the worst. I think Indonesia might be one of the most peaceful. No, NickYoung that does not mean I'm Indonesian

Turks are racist against brown Muslims (from Pakistan/India/Bangladesh/Afghanistan). It's really not a good thing. There is no unity among the Muslims. The worst is the wahabis in Saudi Arabia. They will fire you if they find out you're of a certain sect You're lucky if that's all they do.

I digress, point being that it doesn't surprise me. There are a lot of shocking things that happen, just read youtube comments.

Never trust a muslim, ever.

**** Turkey, those assholes support ISIS and have been facilitating the new recruits' path to Syria from the beginning.

Our great Nato ally

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    **** Turkey, those assholes support ISIS and have been facilitating the new recruits' path to Syria from the beginning.
    Worst part is that people in Turkey have ISIS like mentality

EDIT:
    Actually, they're chanting "Sehitler olmez, vatan bolunmez."
    Which means "Martyrs never die, the nation won't be divided."
    https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...ilence_before/
    Last edited by fiddy; 11-18-2015 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Turks are racist against brown Muslims (from Pakistan/India/Bangladesh/Afghanistan).
    This makes no sense, lots of Turks are brown themselves
    Last edited by fiddy; 11-18-2015 at 09:06 AM.