Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Barnes 76ers Bound?

Brett Brown doesn't expect all 3 Cs to be on the opening day roster and says he would be shocked if a trade doesn't go down to balance the roster. So a trade is 100% going to happen and most likely for a guard.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan

so true

turns down 16 mil a year with the best team in the league, shits himself, and gets sent off to the 76ers

Yeah he did turn it down, and he will get much more than that ($22m).
    And GSW could match it anyway.

Decent college freshman

This is not surprising, but not sure he's worth an extra $20M/year over Robert Covington. Seriously.

Also Philly has gotten wayyy more leak-friendly since the Colangelos took over.

Barnes is a very solid and fundamentally sound player but what you see from him now is basically what you're gonna get. I dont see him improving THAT much throughout his career. However, he is not worth that much money.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AI09
    Brett Brown doesn't expect all 3 Cs to be on the opening day roster and says he would be shocked if a trade doesn't go down to balance the roster. So a trade is 100% going to happen and most likely for a guard.
    Rudy Gay used to play SG. Sixers want him??

Philly gets - Rudy Gay
    Sac gets - Nerlens Noel + 2018 1st rnd pick (genius move if Sac's 2017 pick goes to Philly...that pick is so convoluted right now)

College superstar

Barnes is not that much better than Robert Covington smh.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak

Philly gets - Rudy Gay
    Sac gets - Nerlens Noel + 2018 1st rnd pick (genius move if Sac's 2017 pick goes to Philly...that pick is so convoluted right now)
    Bullshit He was a small forward his whole career.

Philly gets - Rudy Gay
    Lol Rudy Gay ? No way philly does noel for gay straight up and you want philly to throw in a first rounder?

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    Bullshit He was a small forward his whole career.
    "used to play", "can be put there"...what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by AI09
    Lol Rudy Gay ? No way philly does noel for gay straight up and you want philly to throw in a first rounder?
    I'd throw in Cousins, but that'd defeat the purpose of the Sixers freeing up the logjam at big lol. Maybe throw in a 3rd team to send Okafor to...

Decent college freshman

Philly gets - Rudy Gay
    Philly can swap firsts with you in 2017 if the pick is in the top 10. So at best if you trade with them, they could revoke that swap right.

You owe Philly an unprotected 2019 first rounder. And DMC is an UFA in summer 2018. I'd try to get that back for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    Philly can swap firsts with you in 2017 if the pick is in the top 10. So at best if you trade with them, they could revoke that swap right.

You owe Philly an unprotected 2019 first rounder. And DMC is an UFA in summer 2018. I'd try to get that back for sure.
    The Bulls have some sort of play for that 2017 1st rnd pick, too, I thought. And I thought the 2019 1st rnder is just the 2017-18 one if it gets that far? Sixers do have Kings' 2019 2nd rnd, though.

At least that's how I interpret it based off http://www.prosportstransactions.com...ears/index.htm although they're missing the 2019 Kings pick from 2016-18 going unprotected. ...I think?

Guess I'll try reading this instead: http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/2/1...k-sixers-bulls

F*cking Vlade...

Barnes would be a stupid addition. Guy does nothing special at anything. Mr. Ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Simmons' future is at SF. Two of next year's #1 pick prospects are SF (Jackson and Taytum). Ofc Sixers are interested in Barnes. LMAO

Such a loser franchise.
    He has no outside game whatsoever. He's not a SF. Could he play it? Sure, but you better have a stretch 4 and shooters at the 1 & 2. Wait why am I explaining this to an idiot such as yourself? Get a clue