Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: nba2k16

Default Re: nba2k16

Sometimes, I think this game doesn't want me to win.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

2K just released Diamond Kyrie Irving (97 overall), Diamond '11 Kevin Love (96 overall), Diamond Ty Lawson (96 overall), Diamond '09 Brandon Jennings (96 overall) and Diamond '10 Luis Scola (96 overall).

Wtf?????

This makes no sense... none whatsoever.

First of all, Brandon Jennings wasn't even in the league in 2009 .

Second, who the **** cares about Luis Scola, Brandon Jennings and Ty ****ing Lawson? I'd be pissed if I got one of these diamond cards instead of players that I actually give a shit about.

What about the cards that actually deserve to be Diamond? Shaq? Wilt? Bird? Magic?

Jesus, this is such BS.

Why do welfare nikkas play 2k pro mode? No one wants to see your poorly made character that isn't even a 60 get his ass handed to him. Stick to single player. Government buys them a video game system and they can't even do that right.

Banned

started playing the mygm mode in this. 4 seasons in and won one ring my line up in orlando is now payton,hezonja,gordon hayward, ben simmons, porzingis. Biggest problem is they've put in a bunch of situations that are clearly there to make you spend VC. If you get good players on your bench they whine about starting non stop and keep dropping their morale low. it forces you to trade them or pay vc to cheer them up. right now i've got a regen fake small forward rated 75 in his second year who keeps complaining he can't start when I have hayward rated 85 at small forward, willie cauley stein keeps crying on the bench too because he can't start of porzingis who's rated 90 now. I'll have to trade them or spend vc t ocheer them up because they lower everyones stats

has anybody reached Greatest Of All Time of play now online mode?

Just got to the unrestricted seeds in My Team, going for that Amethyst Patrick Ewing!

For the 3 Gold player seeds I used:

Westbrook/Jrue Holiday
    JJ Redick/Gerald Green/Danny Green
    Carmelo/Ross/Iggy
    LMA/Giannis
    Gobert/Chandler

Westbrook could be replaced with Irving or Wall depending on your preferences.

Melo's shot is pretty pure in this game despite the ratings, but he could be replaced with PG13 or Kawhi if you prefer defense, I went with Melo because he's the cheapest out of the 3.

LMA is pure money in this game, dude is a beast from the post, midrange and even has a 84 standing 3 rating. Dude's also pretty beast around the rim often finishing contact lay ups and gets up pretty high on his dunks.

Gobert/Chandler are probably the best silver centers in the game.

I usually go big in the beginning, and then go small with Giannis at the 4. Dude's a beast defensively and dunks over everyone on the break.

I'm still testing lineups for unrestricted seeds playing around with Lebron at the 4 for small ball rotations. I'm not a big fan of his card in this game, his shot is too inconsistent for me to play him at the 3 over Durant, but he loses a lot of his defensive advantages on the perimeter if I play him at the 4....

Probably gonna roll with a lineup of:

Kidd/Irving
    Klay/ROTY MJ/Tmac
    Durant/LeBron/Melo
    AD/LMA
    Whiteside/DJ

Line up is relatively cheap, but effective IMO. I have enough MT for upgrades at the Center position if needed as well, so I should be set to go!

Fire Dwane Casey

Just picked up this game recently. Haven't played 2k since 2k13. Who can give me good tips for playing good defense? I keep getting blown by even using LT

Quote Originally Posted by GoRapz
    Just picked up this game recently. Haven't played 2k since 2k13. Who can give me good tips for playing good defense? I keep getting blown by even using LT
    You'll get used to man defense eventually. There isn't really a tip for playing good defense IMO, just try to keep in front of your man, and anticipate his moves (especially online). I try to stay at a distance where I won't get blown by and can still get a decent contest if my opponent fires a jumper.

One thing I'd practice on is defending the pick and roll.... That shit is broken as fk in this game.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by GoRapz
    LT + RT & sometimes you just have to sprint when they blow by you. If you're defending the perimeter -- sag off & contest if they attempt to shoot.

I also suggest to switch to your front court when you defend since it's easier to anticipate what goes in the post (if you play the part in real life).

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    You'll get used to man defense eventually. There isn't really a tip for playing good defense IMO, just try to keep in front of your man, and anticipate his moves (especially online). I try to stay at a distance where I won't get blown by and can still get a decent contest if my opponent fires a jumper.

One thing I'd practice on is defending the pick and roll.... That shit is broken as fk in this game.
    Yeah, this.. lol

Fire Dwane Casey

Thanks guys. What about defensive settings? Do you guys play around with those a lot or do you depend solely on your man to man skills?

Learning to shoot layups

Good game.

Learning to shoot layups

I played NBA live as a kid but it sucks now.

I MADE THE GOAT, ON PLAY NOW ONLINE, WHO WANTS A SHOT AT THE TITLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Home of the 16

Want a finesse/quick layup finish for your bigman?

Change it to one of these positions: SF, SG or PG (secondary position doesn't matter), then go back to signature & go to layup packages, & there you'll have all available layup packages, just switch your player's position back to its original after you're done selecting, just don't scroll through the packages again or it'll give you the regular packages such as Griffin, Timmy & big man.

I do this for quick bigmen like Randle who sorta lays it in like D. Rose with that wild hop-step finish, Lebron's new layup package looks like guys like Pau or Dirk can use some of it too.