Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: 2001 Lakers vs any of the the 2011-2014 Heat teams

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    Is there any great team from the past that the "stacked" Heat could beat? People even say the 2nd, 3rd, 4th best teams from various periods would demolish the Heat. Something does not compute.
    why cant retarded heat fans grasp the fact that the team is called stacked in this shit era. no one says they are all time stacked. are you retarded?

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    Is there any great team from the past that the "stacked" Heat could beat? People even say the 2nd, 3rd, 4th best teams from various periods would demolish the Heat. Something does not compute.
    They're only "stacked" relative to their era, didn't you know? The league suddenly became watered down after July 8, 2010. The talent just evaporated. I'll take every single champion prior to that date over Miami in a 7 game series. And I've never seen anyone NOT do the same, particularly the most vocal "Miami is stacked!" community. They even pick non-champions "easily" over the Heat.

Stacked relative to their era. Never forget.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    They're only "stacked" relative to their era, didn't you know? The league suddenly became watered down after July 8, 2010. The talent just evaporated. I'll take every single champion prior to that date over Miami in a 7 game series. And I've never seen anyone NOT do the same, particularly the most vocal "Miami is stacked!" community. They even pick non-champions "easily" over the Heat.

Stacked relative to their era. Never forget.

How can they be extremely stacked relative to their era--yet be useless against every other great team from the past? As you suggested, the only way to make this logic work is if you believe the league magically is much, much weaker now than it was in 2010 or 1998, or whatever self-serving cut-off date is used. What evidence of this is there? Many of the players who played a decade ago are still in the league, as are many of the same coaches and GM's.

Moreover, if they are so extremely stacked why have they had three ECF or NBF series go to 7 games and how did they lose in 2011? Was Dallas even more stacked than them?