Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default i just realized that lebron doesnt have any more help than 96-98 jordan had

1 through 5 the bulls were better

Jordan > lebron
    Pippen > wade
    Rodman > Bosh
    prime kukoc > old ray allen
    Harper > chalmers

maybe the rest are a bit closer or on miamis side. but this is clear cut.. bulls were better

then theres the era argument

so if jordan can be goat and get full credit for 6 rings. during an era with no other legit threat... then why cant lebron?

the 2000's had 4 of the top 10 players all time during mvp seasons/start or end of prime

- kobe
    - shaq
    - duncan
    - lebron

no other era has anything close..

the 60's had 2

- russell
    - wilt

the 80's had 2

- magic
    - bird

the 70's had 1

- kareem

the 90's had 1

- jordan

so the weakest era's are obviously 70's,90's,10's

so if the 2 biggest goat candidates ( jordan and kareem ) played their best basketball during the 2 weakest eras. then why cant lebron become the 3rd goat candidate while playing in just as equally bad an era

Default Re: i just realized that lebron doesnt have any more help than 96-98 jordan had

Default Re: i just realized that lebron doesnt have any more help than 96-98 jordan had

didnt read

Most NBA legends had multiple all star teammates/HOFERS on their title team's. People just don't have any frame of reference anymore since they have deluded themselves into believing that Kobe's team's were stacked with just one other all star teammate.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Most NBA legends had multiple all star teammates/HOFERS on their title team's. People just don't have any frame of reference anymore since they have deluded themselves into believing that Kobe's team's were stacked with just one other all star teammate.
    please dont put kobes teams anywhere near the depth of miami/chicago

dont make me f*ck your day up

3rd best player on kobe/shaq era = derrick fisher ( top 400 all time? )

3rd best player on kobe/gasol era = lamar odom ( top 300 all time? 0 asg's )

3rd best player on miami = hall of famer chris bosh

3rd best player on bulls = hall of famer legend dennis rodman

4th best player on kobe/shaq era = rick fox? ( top 300 all time? )

4th best player on kobe/gasol era = derrick fisher ( top 400 all time? )

4th best player on miami = hall of famer ray allen

4th best player on chicago = tony kukoc ( 18ppg as bulls leader )

then theres michael beasley ( 19ppg as leader )

and ron harper = 22ppg as leader

while kobe has scrubs

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

10s weakest era? It will have Durant and Lebron in their absolute primes... both of these guys will end up above Kobe, Durant just needs a couple of championships as the man, his stats are going to be ridiculous over the next 10 years.

Lebrons Miami team if you actually look at the ages of players, how they played, there health (Wade)... Lebron has had no more help on this team than any other superstar other the last 20 years- they have won 2 championships with absolutely no centre option/size/rebounding.

Any team that Lebron joined after he left Cleveland would be called stacked, because he was taking such a chitty franchise so far.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening
    10s weakest era? It will have Durant and Lebron in their absolute primes... both of these guys will end up above Kobe, Durant just needs a couple of championships as the man, his stats are going to be ridiculous over the next 10 years.

Lebrons Miami team if you actually look at the ages of players, how they played, there health (Wade)... Lebron has had no more help on this team than any other superstar other the last 20 years- they have won 2 championships with absolutely no centre option/size/rebounding.

Any team that Lebron joined after he left Cleveland would be called stacked, because he was taking such a chitty franchise so far.

i dont really know why people are so quick to assume lebron/durant will win anywhere near 4,5,6 titles

lebron took 10 years to get 1 off a lockout year where fluke injuries happened to every star

then lebron got one more with a lucky shot from a team mate

durants still at zero... both may never win again. you never really know.. its hard to win titles. its nearly impossible to be an all time legend player with a b*uttload of rings

96-98 Chicago was stacked. Nobody denies that

I'd also take Ray over Kukoc (harper wasn't exactly all that either).

Ironically by certain people's definitions the Heat were probably the most "stacked" the year they lost, as they had a healthy Big 3 with Wade and Bosh playing closer to their pre-decision selves. They also lost against a less "stacked" team than the two they won against the next two years (Thunder had a Big 3, and Spurs had Mavs-like depth but with several star options as opposed to one)

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening

Aside from Lebran and Durant there isn't anyone else. Kobe's time had prime Dwade, Macgrady, Vince, AI, Duncan, Webber, Shaq among others in their absolute prime or still in great shape like Malone and the great Stock.

Lebron only has Durant as a transcendental player. Rose has been injured with Deron and ROndo so they don't count.

Lebron teamed up with a superstar and an allstar, did Jordan do that?

Threads that use < , >, =, to make a point are really something special. It's awesome how these little symbols take into account chemistry, team defense and all the intangibles in the game of basketball. Totally valid thread.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    please dont put kobes teams anywhere near the depth of miami/chicago

dont make me f*ck your day up

3rd best player on kobe/shaq era = derrick fisher ( top 400 all time? )

3rd best player on kobe/gasol era = lamar odom ( top 300 all time? 0 asg's )

3rd best player on miami = hall of famer chris bosh

3rd best player on bulls = hall of famer legend dennis rodman

4th best player on kobe/shaq era = rick fox? ( top 300 all time? )

4th best player on kobe/gasol era = derrick fisher ( top 400 all time? )

4th best player on miami = hall of famer ray allen

4th best player on chicago = tony kukoc ( 18ppg as bulls leader )

then theres michael beasley ( 19ppg as leader )

and ron harper = 22ppg as leader

while kobe has scrubs

lol if this is how you wanna go at it, i can play the same game.

3rd best player on kobe/shaq teams = Glen Rice (avg 26 as leader)

3rd best player on kobe/gasol teams = Odom (career avg 15/8/4)
    4th best player on kobe/gasol teams = Bynum (2nd best center in the league in his prime)
    5th best player on kobe/gasol teams = MWP (DoPY, capable of putting up 20/6/3 as leader)

idk man, did you guys also have Ariza who averaged 15/5/5 after leaving the lakers?

do you want me to do 12-13 lakers?
    Nash - 2x MVP, HoF
    Dwight - 3x DoPY, perennial all star/all nba, HoF
    MWP - DoPY, capable of putting up 20/6/3 as leader
    Jamison - 25/9/2 as leader

lol come on griff, i'm not saying those kobe/gasol led lakers are stacked but this isn't the way to go at it.

94 Rockets in 5

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    I'd take Ray over Kukoc (harper wasn't all that either).

96-98 Chicago was stacked. Nobody denies that

did this guy really just say he'd take

38 year old .... 9ppg/2ast/3reb 43%fg ray allen

over

6th man of the year prime 27 year old toni kukoc ( a guy who was one of the deadliest shooters all time himself. but could step in as leader right away and average 18/6/5 )

ron harper wasnt all that?

a year before joining chicago in 95 he averaged 19ppg

first 8 years in the league before chicago = 19ppg, 5reb,5ast