Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default who here identifies as an independent?

there's a decent amount of fairly politically informed people here, yet everybody seems to get caught up in the tribalism of whatever side they think represents their best interests. i tend to think that both parties are absolute shit when it comes to representing you and i... at least economically. who here separates themselves from both establishment democrats and republicans instead of just blindly voting one way come erection time? if you do identify as either a democrat or republican, explain why u support shitbags like pelosi, mconnell, etc.

or maybe u just consider yourself a liberal or conservative as opposed to a dem or rep. maybe you're fiscally conservative but socially liberal? speak up, hotshots.
    Last edited by diamenz; 08-16-2019 at 05:13 PM.

Default Re: who here identifies as an independent?

I don't even know what I am at this point. I need to take the test

Doesn't independent just mean lack of affiliation with another political party? I'm pretty sure you can be a conservative or liberal but still be independent because you don't agree with the respective parties.

As for me though, I'm slightly left leaning but hate most of the Democrats bc they're corporate hacks and don't care about anyone's best interests apart from their donors.

Two party system is a scam everyone here is falling for. Huge joke.

So many ppl waste so much energy on politics when they have no say in it at all, concentrate on things you can do to directly impact your life positively. Politics is a waste of time ppl are willing to fight, insult, disown and kill for.

All I know is

Depending on what stage you are in life
    What class you are in financially
    If you're a business owner or employee
    Where you live

Will all vary. Living in NYC, I don't want to know anyone on the streets with the way background checks are can own a gun. If I lived in FL where there's acres of land and no neighbors, I'll want to own a gun.

I don't make over 6 figures so taxing the rich makes more sense to me.

Which side you are on is purely dependent on where you are in life. It will change. There are a few handful of people that may support taxing the top 1% at a more aggressive rate (Bill Gates), but, once you get to the very top, you're against it.

I'm pro choice. People can't continue to have unwanted children. They'll end up in a system that fails them.

I don't think marijuana should be legal, I'm against it despite using it. I know too many people who use it everyday and have messed up their mental state of mind. They can't function. They're not normal. It'll be great for business. I've visited legal stores and it was cool. But, I'll feel safer knowing some teenager isn't under the influence driving under the impression they drive better high. I know people that says this.

I don't think a man should marry another man but if I want to get deep into it, if two human beings love each other then two human beings love each other. I'll be grossed out about it and agree there's something wrong with them in their heads, but, if they're educated and make decisions like this then why not.

Quote Originally Posted by macmac

So many ppl waste so much energy on politics when they have no say in it at all, concentrate on things you can do to directly impact your life positively. Politics is a waste of time ppl are willing to fight, insult, disown and kill for.
    This. Any zealot, that doesn't directly benefit from a party is an utter retard. Stop wasting your time.

Bada-fucking-bingo

If I

5-time NBA All-Star

AGreed on so many levels.

Patrick is an independent homosexual, he remains distanced from mainstream gays that associate with the left.

I'm a registered Democrat because I want to vote in the primaries, but I have no loyalty to the party itself. Left-wing independent is how I'd describe myself. The parties are both well to my right.

I've been indy, but right now I don't have any democrats I would vote for.

I tend to believe in a more democratic ideal, but whatever democrats are doing now is bat shit.

If we ever got an I running for pres that could actually win, I'd vote for them. No, not Bernie. Bernie is a ****ing democrat. I would have voted for him in 16 tho, prol. NOT ANYMORE.

-Smak

I'm a registered independent. I voted for Trump but I also voted for a Dem Governor, House rep and mayor.

I agree with Macmac that the 2 party system sucks but it's what we're stuck with atm.

I tend to be conservative fiscally but fairly liberal socially. What kills me is when Democrats try and act like they have a monopoly on morality. They're all con men and women on both sides.

I am an independent but liberal. Unfortunately I can't vote in my state's primaries due to being independent =[

I don't support the 2 party system myself. There should be no parties, period. Everyone should run as independents and polling numbers should determine whether you get to debate or not. As the weeks advance, you get stricter requirements

I'm a registered independent. Although like Mac said, I'm well aware that politics is a bunch of bull so I don't really invest my time in it at all. My dad and brother are super into it (and Democrats), so I get most of my "political knowledge" from them..plus from the viral vids of Trump shooting his shit lol.

Draz, not knowing which one you fall into means you are an independent as well. At least for the time being.