Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Knicks have reportedly opened talks that would send Amare to Orland for Dwight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    No possible way? did you miss all that time Tyson was a pf on the Bulls or when Darko and Dwight were in Orlando and Dwight was often in the pf position far as playcalling and positioning and guarding other teams 4s? It didnt even stand out as odd.

If the Knicks had both they would play together. At least at times. Probably start together. At least under some coaches. Dantoni I dont know.

But plenty of coaches would. Larry Brown would trot out Mutombo and Tyrone Hill with no second thoughts. And punt Lynch at the 3 along with it.

It happens.
    They should trade Melo instead, and start Amar'e at SF, Dwight at PF, and Tyson at C.

Default Re: Knicks have reportedly opened talks that would send Amare to Orland for Dwight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    No possible way? did you miss all that time Tyson was a pf on the Bulls
    You mean when he was a 19 year old? OK.

Do you remember all that time when Steve Smith was a PG?

or when Darko and Dwight were in Orlando and Dwight was often in the pf position far as playcalling and positioning and guarding other teams 4s? It didnt even stand out as odd.
    Huh? Do your research and check the minutes from that season.

Darko primarily played at PF on offense, a position he was projected as coming into the NBA. The fact Dwight guarded PF's on defense means nothing, he doesn't have the skills to be at that position on offense. Dwight came into the NBA initially wanting to be a PF in the mold of Kevin Garnett, however his game has evolved to be a Center.

Darko is far more skilled on offense than Tyson Chandler, thus their spacing wasn't too much of an issue. You're talking

If the Knicks had both they would play together. At least at times. Probably start together. At least under some coaches. Dantoni I dont know.

But plenty of coaches would. Larry Brown would trot out Mutombo and Tyrone Hill with no second thoughts. And punt Lynch at the 3 along with it.

It happens.
    What the hell does Tyson do?
    Stand in the high post as if any man guarding him respects his shot outside of 5 feet? They'll leave him out there looking stupid and get to Dwight.

You can get by with Dikembe or Hill on the floor when your offense runs through a perimeter player. Both guys will only get a few touches and thus the spacing between the 2 was irrelevant, they were needed to get an advantage on defense and on the boards.

Considering the touches Dwight requires on offense as a focal point, unlike Dikembe did in Philly, it would be a disaster in this situation to have 2 C's on the floor. Chandler being on the court would bring an instant double team to Dwight on the low block. Dwight struggles terribly with his ability to pass out of double teams anyways.

You're one of the few knowledgable cats on here about basketball, but to think Dwight/Chandler works together when you're going to Dwight with 20+ touches per game is ridiculous. Hes not skilled enough to accomodate another C.
    Last edited by Rowe; 01-06-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

You mean when he was a 19 year old? OK.
    I mean for several seasons. tyson played both positions. a lot. Especially with Curry in with him.

Do you remember all that time when Steve Smith was a PG?
    I do. which is why if someone said there is no possible way to play him there id say....its already happened so clearly there is.

Huh? Do your research and check the minutes from that season.

Darko primarily played at PF on offense, a position he was projected as coming into the NBA. The fact Dwight guarded PF's on defense means nothing, he doesn't have the skills to be at that position on offense. Dwight came into the NBA initially wanting to be a PF in the mold of Kevin Garnett, however his game has evolved to be a Center.

Darko is far more skilled on offense than Tyson Chandler, thus their spacing wasn't too much of an issue. You're talking
    I dont need to check the minutes. I watched it as I suspect you did. I discussed it here. I remember topics where a Magic fan or two actually thought Darko was better than Dwight(Shogon at least). Dwight has played both positions many times as have most 6'10''ish guys.

What the hell does Tyson do?
    Stand in the high post as if any man guarding him respects his shot outside of 5 feet? They'll leave him out there looking stupid and get to Dwight.

You can get by with Dikembe or Hill on the floor when your offense runs through a perimeter player. Both guys will only get a few touches and thus the spacing between the 2 was irrelevant, they were needed to get an advantage on defense and on the boards.
    You say that as if there have not been many many many many many cases of two non shooting threats starting at the 4 and 5. Or times when there is one threat down low and a guy with no jumper or handles.

Tyson managed to be effective with Curry at the 5. Not sure why he couldnt with Howard. But im 100% sure that if both are on one team they arent gonna just play Tyson the 12-15 minutes Dwight sits. They would coexist because they had to.

Considering the touches Dwight requires on offense as a focal point, unlike Dikembe did in Philly, it would be a disaster in this situation to have 2 C's on the floor. Chandler being on the court would bring an instant double team to Dwight on the low block. Dwight struggles terribly with his ability to pass out of double teams anyways.

You're one of the few knowledgable cats on here about basketball, but to think Dwight/Chandler works together when you're going to Dwight with 20+ touches per game is ridiculous. Hes not skilled enough to accomodate another C
    For one...Dwight barely gets touches to score. Dwight scores in the flow of the game better than most. When he gets the ball and tries to score one on one he gets fouled more than he gets a clean look off. This is a guy who was taking 9 shots a game a couple years ago and 3-4 would be putbacks and lobs. he might literally get off 4 shots a game without being fouled. Hes usually 4th or 5th in shots on his teams. I dont think it should be that way but it is.

And Dwight gets instant doubles even playing with Ryan Anderson or Rashard Lewis at the 4. Guys who are pretty much the Anti-Chandler. Surround Dwight with shooters like Orlando has he still gets doubled around the basket. In this case it allows Chandlers man to sag off to him instead of a guards but really....how often is Dwight going one on one to begin with with Melo and Baron Davis? And Dwight will have to get better passing out of doubles to do the things he wants to anyway.

I suspect you have watched ball for a while. You like me have no doubt seen many lineups.

Ive seen Darius Miles, Anthony Mason, Antione Walker, and Kg play point guard. Ive seen swingmen at center. Ive seen Boris Diaw guard Yao Ming one week and get back to back triple doubles with Nash out the next. Ive seen Tom Tolbert play point center. Ive seen too much in this league to say that Dwight/Tyson results in Tyson being paid 60 million to play 12 minutes a game behind Dwight.

It simply does not work that way. They WOULD play together no matter what anyone felt would be ideal. Considering that both have been at the 4 at times...it wouldnt even be surprising.

I dont think its gonna happen anyway. But if Dwight and Tyson are on one team...one is a 4 in the sets. He just is. Even if not starting....there arent minutes enough to keep it from hapening.

But I guess if anyone would refuse such a setup it could be Dantoni. But there are a lot of coaches who would do it in a second. Avery Johnson or Scott Skiles would be drooling for the chance to take us back to 99 and slow games down to 76-78 execution battles with Dwight and Tyson owning the paint with Melo closing games.

As I said...not ideal. But it would happen. Im sure we have both seen too much to just say...it isnt possible.
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 01-06-2012 at 08:45 PM.

I'd kill for Dwight and CHandler and reducing the possessions. Every coach Melo has had has wanted him to be on a fast paced offensive team. If you reduce the number of possessions, Melo is a sick weapon because he can close out a game like few others.

That said before someone calls me a delusional knick fan i see no way that happens.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

I can safely say , I would rather hav Chandler and Love , then just Howard on my team.

1) who ever gets Howard is going to hav a depleted roster.
    (example NY 3 players and e league roster)

2) A Chandler Love combo will come at a far less price tag than a Howard and filling in the blank PF and SF while a Chandler /Love combo would only require a SF defensive player.

3) Howard has proven he is a 1a option player , and unless some other coach changes that Gundy has proven he can not win with Howard alone.

4) The NBA is now built on depth and at least 3 all-star studs on a team to mak it deep into the playoffs.

*Howard is going to be making more than everyone in the league excluding Kobe. (Even in this new contract league year)

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I'd kill for Dwight and CHandler and reducing the possessions. Every coach Melo has had has wanted him to be on a fast paced offensive team. If you reduce the number of possessions, Melo is a sick weapon because he can close out a game like few others.

That said before someone calls me a delusional knick fan i see no way that happens.
    I see your thought process a team very much like the twin towers of the championship Spurs.
    Problem is Howard would hav to wait on a roster being built around the Mel,Howard, Chandler fronline.
    As Portland and Lakers are showing , to think about going deep into the playoffs you have to be at least 8 deep, and that isn't a guaren't' your in the finals.
    Last edited by Jasper; 01-06-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Your posts are starting to scare me, they're downright psychotic w/ grandiose visions you have of yourself. I hope you get the help you need. SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Teanett
    Your posting this shit in every thread I go in? Quit your fhukin trolling ******.

Amare is such a gamble, I want someone who's going to perform and not just stand there waiting for the ball only to take a million dollar jump shot or a three pointer. I like Love, shit get him in here. He performs every night. Amare, he doesn't show up, when he does Knicks fans cool down with their Amare rants only to have it happen for the next few games and recycle.

Someone that complements Carmelo, he is the leader of the Knicks, regardless of who came first, Amare came here for money and with that said doesn't make him liable for that role.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kobr
    They should trade Melo instead, and start Amar'e at SF, Dwight at PF, and Tyson at C.
    KNICKS = SWAT CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Learning to shoot layups LakerGirl72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kobr
    Amar'e and Dwight front court playing with Kobe...

Banned

Every coach Melo has had has wanted him to be on a fast paced offensive team. If you reduce the number of possessions, Melo is a sick weapon because he can close out a game like few others.
    You're a child. Stop projecting yourself on Melo's ass.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Your posting this shit in every thread I go in? Quit your fhukin trolling ******.

Amare is such a gamble, I want someone who's going to perform and not just stand there waiting for the ball only to take a million dollar jump shot or a three pointer. I like Love, shit get him in here. He performs every night. Amare, he doesn't show up, when he does Knicks fans cool down with their Amare rants only to have it happen for the next few games and recycle.

Someone that complements Carmelo, he is the leader of the Knicks, regardless of who came first, Amare came here for money and with that said doesn't make him liable for that role.

Yet amare has been to the conference finals multiple times. LOL. What has love done. leading his team to 21 wins. And LOL at carmelo being the leader. Only idiots would want a first round exit to lead instead of a perennial contender.