Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Knicks have reportedly opened talks that would send Amare to Orland for Dwight.

According to Donny Marshall (a basketball reporter). Trying to find actual link to him saying this, right now it's just people on twitter saying that he said it.

Default Re: Knicks have reportedly opened talks that would send Amare to Orland for Dwight.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...o-rent-howard/

The Knicks have opened talks that would send Amare Stoudemire to Orlando in a swap to rent Dwight Howard, reports Donny Marshall — former NBA player and current CSNNE reporter — on NBC SportsTalk Thursday. In the video above the talk of the trade starts at the 3:30 mark.

There are a whole lot of questions around this one. Starting with, the Knicks are not one of the teams on Howard’s list where he said he would sign an extension (Nets, Lakers, Mavericks and Magic). If they get him, the Knicks would essentially risk just renting him because Howard could opt out at the end of the season and leave with the Knicks getting no compensation. Clearly, if they got him they think they could get him to change his mind and sign long term.

Thing is the Knicks already have a good center — they just signed Tyson Chandler to a four-year, $58 million deal. Is the plan to ship Chandler out, too? Trade him to Orlando for the Hedo Turkoglu deal? Because the cost of keeping Howard (who will get a new max deal) and Chandler would put the Knicks way into the new, increasingly stiff luxury tax.

Would the Knicks really ship out Stoudemire, the guy who came in to inspire the fan base after the Knicks missed on LeBron James? That just seems cold.

This report comes just after we heard the Warriors are aggressively going after Howard as a rental.

Two things. First, if and when the Magic do decide to seriously entertain offers for Howard there will be bids from 29 other teams. He’s the best center walking the planet, a franchise anchor, you’d be foolish not to at least take a shot.

Second, if I were the Magic and were trying to get better offers out of the Nets and Lakers, I would be leaking all kinds of “hey, team X wants to give us all this just to rent Howard” rumors in an effort to drive up the price. I have no doubt Marshall heard this from a reliable source, I’m just saying this plays into the Magic’s hands. When you hear NBA rumors, think about who benefits from having that information public, it gives everything a different perspective.

Default Re: Knicks have reportedly opened talks that would send Amare to Orland for Dwight.

Not sure why they are reporting it would be to "rent" Howard. I'm pretty sure he'd sign an extension with the Knicks.

However, this trade won't happen. Knicks can't take back Turk and doesn't do much for Orlando.

Local High School Star

Amare wouldn't be able to attend any more fashion shows..

I don't know what to say. That would be hilariously stupid for both teams.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    Not sure why they are reporting it would be to "rent" Howard. I'm pretty sure he'd sign an extension with the Knicks.

However, this trade won't happen. Knicks can't take back Turk and doesn't do much for Orlando.

He obviously won't commit, which completely trashes the theory that big market teams have an advantage due to market size.

If he signs an extension then I would do it.

But no way in hell I would trade Amare to rent Dwight for a few months.

as much as i'd love to have dwight
    i just wouldn't want them to trade amare

Banned

Visibly bogus story.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

i read dwight wants to play where its warm (hence why he doesnt want to play in chicago?). im not sure how serious that is though.

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    i read dwight wants to play where its warm (hence why he doesnt want to play in chicago?). im not sure how serious that is though.
    He also said Brooklyn was one of his top choices, so I don't think it's that much of a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    It's probably false but at least it give us something to talk about

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    He obviously won't commit, which completely trashes the theory that big market teams have an advantage due to market size.
    Of course he'd commit. He'd sign after the season like everyone else would. He'd give up 26M to be a few miles away with the Nets? I can't believe btw you are still arguing (and still badly) from another thread. BTW, Howard wants to come to NY, just not the kNicks (we have no cap space so why would we be on his list?) The three teams on his list are all HUGE markets. You make no sense.

And this is all very stupid.

Both the GS offer and the Knicks offer (especially the Knick offer) makes no sense if they are not willing to just take Bynum. Bynum is a shitload better and cheaper asset than Amare. I've said many times, Amare is NOT insured so no one is taking him.

Just someone making shit up. A Knick offer would have to be CHandler AND Amare AND more shit and taking back Turk, etc. Just a big big mess that Orlando would not want.

who gives a flying **** where howard is going.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Of course he'd commit. He'd sign after the season like everyone else would. He'd give up 26M to be a few miles away with the Nets? I can't believe btw you are still arguing (and still badly) from another thread. BTW, Howard wants to come to NY, just not the kNicks (we have no cap space so why would we be on his list?) The three teams on his list are all HUGE markets. You make no sense.

And this is all very stupid.

Both the GS offer and the Knicks offer (especially the Knick offer) makes no sense if they are not willing to just take Bynum. Bynum is a shitload better and cheaper asset than Amare. I've said many times, Amare is NOT insured so no one is taking him.

Just someone making shit up. A Knick offer would have to be CHandler AND Amare AND more shit and taking back Turk, etc. Just a big big mess that Orlando would not want.

The fcking article itself says it may be a rental, which means he won't firmly commit.