Page 150 of 166 FirstFirst ... 50100140147148149150151152153160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2487

Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    @tamaraw

Yeah, I guess I am not full sold. Randle isn't quite able to close off the lanes. I have seen too many opponents drive into the paint at will when Randle occasionally is playing 5. He is good defender horizontally and man-on-man but not much of a vertical player. Hard to explain but Randle isn't much of a blocker because he doesn't have the hops or vertical length like Lopez/Zubac.

I guess it can still work but I don't expect Randle being able to close down the lane in post defense as last line of defense. Draymond Green actually has vertical game so GSW can still be fine with Green at the 5 closing off the lane as last line of defense. Randle never had a vertical game, and he probably never will.
    Vertical length/game/= height?
    Not sure exactly what you mean, ability to rotate and stop penetrators? Green is listed at 6-7 with 1.4 blocks/game, Randle is actually listed at 6-9 though I don't see much difference.
    You mentioned Lopez, believe it or not, He's 1 of my favorite players since his Stanford days, was actually mad at teams who passed up on him bec they put so much value on "ceiling" and he showed his great abilities early but I digress, Nets with him last year, ranked 23rd in defense.
    I surely hope he would consider re-signing bec Luke, lately seems to have found a way to use him properly plus I suspect not many teams would be willing to offer a ton of money bec of a glut of quality bigs already signed, like Drummond, Gasol etc. I predict most teams with money to spend will focus on forwards and guards. If they do need a big, they will go after DeAndre and Cousins first.
    Brook, I think was also was raised in Fresno...
    Yes, PG and Ingram can play the point but I think doing that will take them away from their greatest stregths IMO. I'm sorry, but Caruso and Ennis is just not adequate enough.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Vertical length/game/= height?
    Not sure exactly what you mean, ability to rotate and stop penetrators? Green is listed at 6-7 with 1.4 blocks/game, Randle is actually listed at 6-9 though I don't see much difference.
    You mentioned Lopez, believe it or not, He's 1 of my favorite players since his Stanford days, was actually mad at teams who passed up on him bec they put so much value on "ceiling" and he showed his great abilities early but I digress, Nets with him last year, ranked 23rd in defense.
    I surely hope he would consider re-signing bec Luke, lately seems to have found a way to use him properly plus I suspect not many teams would be willing to offer a ton of money bec of a glut of quality bigs already signed, like Drummond, Gasol etc. I predict most teams with money to spend will focus on forwards and guards. If they do need a big, they will go after DeAndre and Cousins first.
    Brook, I think was also was raised in Fresno...
    Yes, PG and Ingram can play the point but I think doing that will take them away from their greatest stregths IMO. I'm sorry, but Caruso and Ennis is just not adequate enough.
    By vertical game, I mean going up for the block when opposing player penetrates into the paint. Height has somewhat to do with it along with wingspan but there is also the factor of hopping to go up for the block. So vertical jump ability essentially. Don't you sometimes feel like Randle is lacking in vertical ability when he tries to block? Feels like Draymond has better feel over his feet.. Maybe it has to do with positioning rather than athletic ability? I don't know tbh

By vertical game, I mean going up for the block when opposing player penetrates into the paint. Height has somewhat to do with it along with wingspan but there is also the factor of hopping to go up for the block. So vertical jump ability essentially. Don't you sometimes feel like Randle is lacking in vertical ability when he tries to block? Feels like Draymond has better feel over his feet.. Maybe it has to do with positioning rather than athletic ability? I don't know tbh
    Did a little research about defensive stats in the paint and top shot blockers.
    https://stats.nba.com/teams/defense/...F_RATING&dir=1
    http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/blocks
    Anthony Davis leads the blocks/game, and yet his team is 5th worst in pts allowed in the paint.
    Capella is 4th highest and yet his team is 3rd worst,same category mentioned.
    Brook Lopez at center is 13th and Lakers is dead last.
    Boston leads the pact in defensive rating and yet Horford is tied with 4 other players ranked 24th in block shots/game.
    Porzingis is 2nd best in blocks/game and yet NY is 7th worst in defensive efficiency.
    Spurs is 4th best in defensive efficiency and yet LMA is only ranked 19th in the league in blocks/game.
    Yes, having a player who has a good vertical defensive game helps a team but it's not the only gauge IMO. There's not a lot of good defensive centers in the free agency. Would they be open to trading their 2nd rounder for a guy like Robin Lopez? Would he suffice?
    Kevon Looney of GSW is ranked 14th in the league for blocks/48 mins, he is a FA.

Did a little research about defensive stats in the paint and top shot blockers.
    https://stats.nba.com/teams/defense/...F_RATING&dir=1
    http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/blocks
    Anthony Davis leads the blocks/game, and yet his team is 5th worst in pts allowed in the paint.
    Capella is 4th highest and yet his team is 3rd worst,same category mentioned.
    Brook Lopez at center is 13th and Lakers is dead last.
    Boston leads the pact in defensive rating and yet Horford is tied with 4 other players ranked 24th in block shots/game.
    Porzingis is 2nd best in blocks/game and yet NY is 7th worst in defensive efficiency.
    Spurs is 4th best in defensive efficiency and yet LMA is only ranked 19th in the league in blocks/game.
    Yes, having a player who has a good vertical defensive game helps a team but it's not the only gauge IMO. There's not a lot of good defensive centers in the free agency. Would they be open to trading their 2nd rounder for a guy like Robin Lopez? Would he suffice?
    Kevon Looney of GSW is ranked 14th in the league for blocks/48 mins, he is a FA.
    Perhaps you are right, maybe I am thinking too much about it tbh.

We could probably get a decent blocking center in free agency to add to our rotation without having to spend very much.. Someone like Celtics signing Aron Baynes last summer would be perfect for us in the long run. Baynes contract was cheap.

Is there anyone who can spread the floor out to the high post for consistent jumpers on top of that? I see Dedmon and Derrick Favors fit that bill. Favors would be too expensive. So perhaps Dedmon?

Perhaps you are right, maybe I am thinking too much about it tbh.

We could probably get a decent blocking center in free agency to add to our rotation without having to spend very much.. Someone like Celtics signing Aron Baynes last summer would be perfect for us in the long run. Baynes contract was cheap.

Is there anyone who can spread the floor out to the high post for consistent jumpers on top of that? I see Dedmon and Derrick Favors fit that bill. Favors would be too expensive. So perhaps Dedmon?
    I like Baynes not a fan or Favors (because of his history of injuries but let me just say this again. Luke hates players who can't switch in the perimeter.
    They MUST compile and watch tons of videos of their prospects switching on pick and rolls, if they can actually keep in step against smaller guys because if they can't, they will by put in the dog house like what happened to Mozgov. Opposing teams now will abuse these slow footed bigs with tons of screenrolls and a couple of open 3's will force coaches to pull those slow bigs.

NBA lottery pick

Brooke Lopez is willing to take less to resign if the Lakers put together a contender.

http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-free...ip/2018/04/21/

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Brooke Lopez is willing to take less to resign if the Lakers put together a contender.

http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-free...ip/2018/04/21/
    I don't see Lakers being contenders next season tbh.. It would take something truly insane to suddenly become contenders. Something like the addition of LeBron + PG13 or maybe a trade for Kawhi.

Ball, PG, Kawhi/LeBron, Ingram, Lopez..
    But I don't see that happening. To get Kawhi, we would need to give up Ingram at the very least and possibly Kuzma.. To get LeBron, we would have to let Randle go and let him become unrestricted FA.
    Last edited by bladefd; 04-21-2018 at 04:00 PM.

I don't see Lakers being contenders next season tbh.. It would take something truly insane to suddenly become contenders. Something like the addition of LeBron + PG13 or maybe a trade for Kawhi.

Ball, PG, Kawhi/LeBron, Ingram, Lopez..
    But I don't see that happening. To get Kawhi, we would need to give up Ingram at the very least and possibly Kuzma.. To get LeBron, we would have to let Randle go and let him become unrestricted FA.
    I am a fan of Kawhi mostly bec of his attitude and talent but why exactly didn't play this past few months?
    Is is legitimately injured? If yes, then I am concerned if he can truly get back to his old great self and I am not ready to give up anybody if there are questions about his health.
    If he was cleared and was really healthy, I am also concerned on why he ABANDONED his team just like that esp, while getting paid in full. If he is a true professional, you put your differences aside for the sake of your teammates who battled with you all these years.

NBA lottery pick

The only way I would trade for Kawhi is if they could somehow land Lebron and PG too, which I'm not even sure if that would be possible. Outside of that I'm against moving any of the young prospects. I'm more about being patient with this young team to let them develop and just adding in the pieces that they need to get them to the next level through free agency.

I am a fan of Kawhi mostly bec of his attitude and talent but why exactly didn't play this past few months?
    Is is legitimately injured? If yes, then I am concerned if he can truly get back to his old great self and I am not ready to give up anybody if there are questions about his health.
    If he was cleared and was really healthy, I am also concerned on why he ABANDONED his team just like that esp, while getting paid in full. If he is a true professional, you put your differences aside for the sake of your teammates who battled with you all these years.
    Supposedly, he was still in discomfort in his quad. The Spurs doctors cleared Kawhi, but Kawhi got his own doctors and they recommended he continue his rehab. Rehab is what he is doing now in New York under his own doctors.

Honestly, if Spurs put Kawhi on trade market, I would suspect Kawhi is potentially broken goods. Spurs do not give up on or trade their best players. It just isn't how Spurs run things. I would have to see him play first or at least the Lakers brass in private workout if a trade is ever on the table. Kawhi would have to pass a physical as well.

I would be very careful if I were the Lakers bc you don't want to be swindled by the Spurs into giving up young assets for someone broken.

NBA sixth man of the year

This off-season..

Spurs send: Kawhi Leonard
    Lakers send: Lonzo Ball, Luol Deng, Thomas Bryant, 2018 1st round pick

Lakers sign Paul George and Julius Randle

2018-19 Lakers
    PG: Ingram | 2018 2nd round pick
    SG: George | Hart
    SF: Leonard | Muhammad
    PF: Kuzma | Wear
    C: Randle | Zubac

1-5 can switch and still effectively guard the offensive player. Positionless basketball

deng, frye & a pick for whiteside. gonna be hard for miami to unload whiteside's contract.*and we're not using deng anyways. why not

Quote Originally Posted by OG LeeTSkeeT
    deng, frye & a pick for whiteside. gonna be hard for miami to unload whiteside's contract.*and we're not using deng anyways. why not
    Nobody in their right mind is taking Deng's contract. There are 2yrs still remaining on it. Someone will take it only in February 2020 when it is an expiring contract.

Report today from Ryen Russillo that PG13 is leaving OKC. Waiting for the "PG13 TO LAKERS!" report now.. I hope that is coming soon! =]

I haven't been this excited since Dwight to Lakers (shhhh, lets not discuss that again! :P )

Last edited by bladefd; 05-01-2018 at 05:46 PM.

NBA lottery pick

I saw that too. If they can lock him up early they should be able to bring in others to help too. Shaq was saying that he thought more than just George would end up signing here. He wasn't insinuating Lebron necessarily. It was just his opinion but this time around the Lakers do actually feel like a good destination for free agents.