Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Default Re: Why is anything Nazi related still considered offensive?

Dunking on everybody in the park The Iron Sheik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Why is slavery still considered offensive? That was like so long ago.
    that seems to be the sentiment of a lot of posters here.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    and many of the Japanese soldiers that committed these atrocities are not only free but are employed in high office positions.
    ?
    That was damn near 80 years ago. Most of them are dead.

Because of the way U.S. schools portray WWII (I don't know how Europe does it) and largely due to the Nazis killing Jews. If they killed Arabs, Indians or Asians, people would forget about the holocaust much quicker.

Still can't display Nazi paraphernalia in movies or video games in Germany. Makes for some silly video games.

They just straight up blacked them out in Stick of Truth:

Decent college freshman

My grandparents lived and fought through WW2 but now like Germans. They always said the Italians were the real dogs of the war.

I think if people who lived and fought them can get over it. Jewish media certainly should be able to also.

Quote Originally Posted by Maksimilian
    Its because we live in a world run by American and European Jews. They dislike the NAZIS for obvious reasons, so of cors they dont want anything associated with them out in the public. I have a reason to hate the NAZIS just as much as Jews......they put my family into concentration camps, killed others, and supported the extermination of Slavs. However I dont think their insignia, or images should be banned.

The Nazis were no worse than the British, Americans, Spanish, French, Moors, Russians, Portuguese etc. All great empires went around murdering millons of innocent people for their own greater good.

You think Indian/Aboriginal/African people hate the Nazis? No, they hate the British/French etc. You think the Vietnamese hate the Nazis? No,they hate the French and Americans. You think the central Asian republics hate the Nazis? No they hate the Russians. I hate the Nazis for what they did to my people, but I understand that they werent the first. I dont think they should be deleted from history.

PS. Has anyone heard of the Bengali Famine? It was pretty much a holocaust of 4 million Indians by the British government during World War 2. Should we ban the Union Jack now? Of cors its not going to happen, because history is written by the victor. The same think happened to Napolean as it has with Hitler. Napoleon was the Hitler of his time, the whole of Europe hated him. He also killed millions, invaded Russia and lost etc. Talkin about Napolean was frowned upon for decades in Europe following his defeat. The same thing will happen to Hitler and the Nazis memory. The only people who will really remember his crimes will be the groupd directly targeted by his regime, while the rest of the world will come to see him as a great controversial figure from history (Like Julius Caeser, Genghis Khan, Atilla the Hun, Mao Ze Dong etc)
    So the nazis tortured your family and killed your countrymen, and you "hate them as much as the Jews"....what the fukk did the Jews do to you? For you to say that you have the same hatred for a group that wanted to exterminate your people, it must be some pretty strong factual reasons