Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Nowitzki41MFFL
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15
    thats old. Gilbert Arenas was 23 last year. 10/3 in 23 minutes. At age 23. He's still on the outside looking in at being Antonio Daniels. in his prime, I'd look forward to 16/6. What, is he gonna zoom up to 20/9 in his mid-twenties? Best PG in the league? Please. He might not even be a top 10 player in that mediocre draft.

LMFAO @ 23 BEING OLD... WHAT AN.... IDIOT

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    What are you talking about? Stephon Marbury has another 10 years of greatness in him.
    Maybe 10 more years of whininess and selfishness.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Maybe 10 more years of whininess and selfishness.
    He can do that all he wants as long as he's the best PG in the league.

Banned

By the way more info about Antonio Dan-- er, I mean Devin Harris.

1. He has only reached double digit assists once in his career.
    2. He only attempted 21 threes last season, making 5. The year before, despite less minutes, he shot over 100 and hit 34%. what happened?
    3. Everyone says he exploded in the playoffs... yet he was below his season average in every single statistical category. Although he did shoot 48% from the field (which is easy to do when you get so many breakaway layups and don't have the balls to take a jumpshot).
    4. He averaged 13/2/2 in the conference semifinals in 32 mpg, which people call his breakout performance. Really? That looks below average to me for the amount of minutes he got. And considering that's the best stretch of games he had all season, and considering he averaged approximately jack.squatppg for the rest of the playoffs, I don't see the big deal.

16ppg for this guy in his prime. With good defense. And few turnovers. I'll give him that. But he's not creative in any way, he has little court awareness, and not much of a jumpshot. Best PG in the league for a player like that is completely unreasonable.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    He can do that all he wants as long as he's the best PG in the league.
    How do you define best PG?

A guy that cannot make players around him better, criticizes teammates and drives his team down in the standings?

Banned

LMFAO @ 23 BEING OLD... WHAT AN.... IDIOT
    It's old to the point where you can't point at a player making about zero contribution whatsoever, but excuse it with his age, if he's 23. If he's 19, you're allowed to say "oh, yeah, he doesn't score a lot of points, or distribute or hit a wide open jumper, but its ok because he's 19." You're allowed that. But this guy played 4 years in college, and in his second year still can't stick a wide open jumper, create for a teammate, or even hit layups consistently (and his FTs suck too). He's 23! He's supposed to be nearing his prime, and he's barely got the basics down. He hasn't got the basics down at all. He still looks jittery and nervous and scared whenever he has the ball. You're supposed to be beyond that by age 20 or the middle of your rookie year. This guy spent 4 years in a good college program and, point blank, he's just not translating well to the L. You can't use age as an excuse because practically half of the top 10 players in the league are his age or younger.

Nowitzki41MFFL

It's old to the point where you can't point at a player making about zero contribution whatsoever, but excuse it with his age, if he's 23. If he's 19, you're allowed to say "oh, yeah, he doesn't score a lot of points, or distribute or hit a wide open jumper, but its ok because he's 19." You're allowed that. But this guy played 4 years in college, and in his second year still can't stick a wide open jumper, create for a teammate, or even hit layups consistently (and his FTs suck too). He's 23! He's supposed to be nearing his prime, and he's barely got the basics down. He hasn't got the basics down at all. He still looks jittery and nervous and scared whenever he has the ball. You're supposed to be beyond that by age 20 or the middle of your rookie year. This guy spent 4 years in a good college program and, point blank, he's just not translating well to the L. You can't use age as an excuse because practically half of the top 10 players in the league are his age or younger.

Uhm your prime is between 26 or 27 to 32 or 33 bozo

He played 3 years in College

He never got consistent minutes his first season

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

How do you define best PG?

A guy that cannot make players around him better, criticizes teammates and drives his team down in the standings?
    Come on dude. Seriously, you haven't picked up on my ruse yet? Seriously man, I have a Nets' avatar with Jason Kidd standing in front. Why the hell would I be propping Marbury up? Come on, man.

Banned

Uhm your prime is between 26 or 27 to 32 or 33 bozo
    Can you really deny that after all the experience he's had, with "3" years in college, and 2 years in the L, he should still be beyond being nervous whenever he has the ball in his hands, choking on wide open jumpshots, not finishing layups, and blowing other routine opportunities? By 23 years old, even if you're not in your prime, you should be a functioning member of a team, which Harris isn't. How much better do players really get after age 23? Because Harris has a long way to go before he's starter quality, much less best PG in the league.

Nowitzki41MFFL

Can you really deny that after all the experience he's had, with "3" years in college, and 2 years in the L, he should still be beyond being nervous whenever he has the ball in his hands, choking on wide open jumpshots, not finishing layups, and blowing other routine opportunities? By 23 years old, even if you're not in your prime, you should be a functioning member of a team, which Harris isn't. How much better do players really get after age 23? Because Harris has a long way to go before he's starter quality, much less best PG in the league.

:stupid: :stupid:
    Yea I gues torching the defending world champs isnt being a funtional member of a team

Banned

He didn't torch them. 13/2/2 in 32 minutes per game isn't torching. It's actually pretty damn bad. I mean, just looking at the numbers. Considering he's a scorer first and foremost. If you really think 13ppg is "torching" then you are clearly lying to yourself about how good you think Devin Harris is going to be.

You want to know what "torching" is? Gilbert Arenas, one of dozens of point guards who are better than Devin Harris and always will be, at age 23, dropped 43 points on the National Champs without missing a single shot inside the arc on national TV. Blew them out, 5th game of the season. That is "torching." 13 ppg in 32 minutes per game is average AT BEST. And if you actually watched the games you'd know that a lot of those points were just breakaways. Sorry but the best PG in the league has to do more than straightaway dominant-hand drives to the basket in a halfcourt set / fastbreak.

Nowitzki41MFFL

He didn't torch them. 13/2/2 in 32 minutes per game isn't torching. It's actually pretty damn bad. I mean, just looking at the numbers. Considering he's a scorer first and foremost. If you really think 13ppg is "torching" then you are clearly lying to yourself about how good you think Devin Harris is going to be.

You want to know what "torching" is? Gilbert Arenas, one of dozens of point guards who are better than Devin Harris and always will be, at age 23, dropped 43 points on the National Champs without missing a single shot inside the arc on national TV. Blew them out, 5th game of the season. That is "torching." 13 ppg in 32 minutes per game is average AT BEST. And if you actually watched the games you'd know that a lot of those points were just breakaways. Sorry but the best PG in the league has to do more than straightaway dominant-hand drives to the basket in a halfcourt set / fastbreak.

Stop look at pure numbers bozo, Devin Harris helped speed up the tempo and that was a huge part of beating the Spurs.

I love devin, he still has alot of potential and I wish the mavs would start him But he isnt the answer to this question. This is chris paul and him only if its a guy already in the nba. It might be mayo but im never gonna say a guy in hs is automatically gonna be the best in the nba in five years but as for now, paul is the clear front runner for this position.

As for devin and his nerves, that has alot to do with the HORRIBLE coaching job that he has had to deal with. For whatever reason, both coaches have had EXTREMELY tight leashes on him. Nelly was just pissed that nash was gone and devin wasnt him so he took it out on devin. Avery, well i just dont know. He loves stack who screws up all the time and yet he sits devin the first time devin does anything wrong. I really wish the mavs would just let him play through some things because you can count the number of games that he has changed in a negative way on one hand for the past year. As for him not being able to finish, he can finish. For all the talk about him not being able to shoot or finish, i find it hard to believe that he shot 46% this year.

I rule the local playground theinfamousmobb's Avatar

Devin Harris will be slightly above average at best, nothing special.

Banned

So you admit that all this guy did was run and hit layups.

So are you going to admit that you were wrong and Devin Harris is a one-dimensional player who is never going to be the best PG in basketball? When, at 23 years old, his only contribution to the team is to come in, off the bench, and change the tempo of the game? Do you know what kind of player does that? A sixth man. Bobby Jackson, Speed Claxton. Guys like that, they come in off the bench and provide a spark.

Look I'm not saying that isn't valuable. I'm saying that's the type of player Harris is, and that's the type of player he'll always be. And when you can't pass, or shoot, or be confident in yourself, and all you can do is run really fast and play really good defense, that you're going to be a sixth man of the year Antonio Daniels clone and NOT the best PG in the league.

I mean seriously where do you think the Daniels comparison comes from? "helped speed up the tempo" off the bench. Straightforward slashing and good defense, and absolutely nothing else. That's what Daniels does! That's not what Nash and Kidd and Stockton do. If you'd edit your topic to say "Best sixth man in 5 years" you'd be right. Best PG? Don't be a retard.