Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Do you care about PED use?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragic4Life
    Better than illegal german procedures.

We are few years away from genetic manipulation and use of advanced bionics and people still care about PEDs?

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    First, let me start off by saying that PED's can be dangerous. Buying them from third parties or off the black market, there's no telling what kind of side affects that continued use can cause. High school students should not be using them.

However, if an athlete wants to use them to better their game, I don't have a problem with it. Not only does PED use help extend a player's career, it can lead to higher pay checks and faster recovery time from injuries.

Not only that, if you were to make a PED legal version of all our professional sports leagues, we all know which one (PED legal vs PED illegal) people would tune in to watch. Look at baseball as an example. PED use was rampant back in the days of Mcgwire, Sosa, Bonds, and Griffey, and fans tuned in by the millions. People wanted to watch the home run races. It made the game exciting. It made it watchable. Now that PED's have been cracked down on, baseball viewership has dwindled to next to nothing. It has nothing to do with fans not wanting to watch because the game has been 'tainted', and has everything to do with the game being boring.

Imagine a PED legal NBA, where super athletic dudes were flying up and down the court, skying and slamming on each other at every opportunity. Guys would be pulling up from longer, sprinting faster, staying in the games longer (barring fouls of course). Imagine a PED legal NFL, where roided out freaks were breaking tackles and laying punishing hits on players. That's what people want to see.

College PED use is iffy, but you are old enough to join the military at that point, and you are an adult, so you should be able to make your own choices. Yeah, it may cause some players to lose out by not using, but in the workplace if you choose not to work 50 hours a week, then someone will take your spot. High schoolers are still too young and not legally adults, but at the same time, drugs are illegal and people still use them.

What are the thoughts on this? Are you for or against PED use.

*I wonder if I can fit the acronym PED in there one more time?*
    You mean like the current NBA?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Dragic4Life
    Better than illegal german procedures.
    So fixing a knee is wrong, but continues blood doping for improvement of strength, endurance and muscles is ok?

Lebron fans are the worst.

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    So fixing a knee is wrong, but continues blood doping for improvement of strength, endurance and muscles is ok?

Lebron fans are the worst.
    Lebron does neither.

Good High School Starter

Tony Bosch just surrendered to the DEA and Lebron has recently started a slim-down program. Nothing odd about that at all.

Wouldn't care if everyone was allowed to use it. As it would be fair for everything.

Not a fan if only certain players are using it, while others follow the rules.

Serious playground baller

People cared about sports even before penicillin, this obsession with records and numbers and "vertical jump" is just a way for sponsors to push their product.

I don't think anyone's health should be at risk for that. If someone wants to trade his long term health for another million or two when he already has plenty, I question his judgement.

Sure. At this point, there are drugs that have extremely minimal side effects (Long term use, I don't know. I'm not a doctor) that can help players recover faster, play longer/harder, and without the fear of nagging injuries? Allow it. Every sport, not just basketball.

Every league is turning a blind eye to it anyway, except for Major League Baseball. And even then, it's only because the old timers can't stomach the fact that the athletes are better nowadays then during their heyday.

Like Bill Burr said about the Lance Armstrong scandal. Who wants to see a bunch of white guys huffing and puffing their way through the Alps without it?