Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Batman: Arkham Knight Is Almost Here! June 23rd!

Is nobody else excited for this game?!?!! I can't wait!

Banned

Default Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Is Almost Here! June 23rd!

Can't wait

Love Live Life

I didn't like the last 2. I'm gonna borrow it from a friend.

I'm waiting on that One Piece and j stars victory vs to come to the U.S

Banned

Played Asylum a few years ago. Good shit. Had City too but never really played it much. Don't think I've ever gotten past the finding Dr. Freeze part at the very start.

I just finished a second run through Arkham City on New Game+. Really, really enjoyed that game.

I was stoked for Arkham Knight up until they tacked on an additional $40 if you want the actual full game. At this point, we're hitting the meat of summer here on the Cape and there's a million other things to spend $100 on. By the time all the DLC releases and the inevitable Game of the Year Edition is released for $50-$60, I'll be ready to fork up for it.

If the Arkham Knight ends up being The Joker, I'll start a riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    I was stoked for Arkham Knight up until they tacked on an additional $40 if you want the actual full game.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    What?
    Arkham Knight is $60. They've decided to also tack on a season DLC pass for an additional $40 that will include several additional pieces of the game's story content released over the following 6 months. So if you want the entire Arkham Knight experience, you pay $100.

If it was just multiplayer stuff, character skins or challenge maps they were adding in, I wouldn't have a beef...but in this case, they're adding in more of the game's actual story and making you pay more for it.
    Last edited by Derka; 06-15-2015 at 07:42 AM.

Banned

Getting great reviews so far. Some are saying the Batmobile is a very clunky and broken addition though.

Arkham Knight is $60. They've decided to also tack on a season DLC pass for an additional $40 that will include several additional pieces of the game's story content released over the following 6 months. So if you want the entire Arkham Knight experience, you pay $100.

If it was just multiplayer stuff, character skins or challenge maps they were adding in, I wouldn't have a beef...but in this case, they're adding in more of the game's actual story and making you pay more for it.
    Isn't everybody doing that?

Anyway, the best way to combat that is to buy the game right away for $60, finish it and sell it on ebay for ~$45, then buy the Game of the Year edition next year with all the extras included for $25.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Getting great reviews so far. Some are saying the Batmobile is a very clunky and broken addition though.
    I had figured as much. I imagine I'll only use it when I'm forced to.

Looking at reviews on Steam...

Apparently, three hours before release the minimum spec requirements to run the game were changed. Tons of people who preordered are getting constant crashes and bad rendering or can't run the game at all now; only people with top of the line rigs are getting anywhere and even they're having some issues.

Reviews for the console version are thus far pretty good...seeing a lot of similar feedback on the Batmobile being clunky and feeling a bit too GTA for this series, but its a good 12 hours of story content + 12 more hours of story added with the side missions and then the DLC on top of it. Awesome!

Definitely glad I waited on this; they have some shit to iron out and this gives me time for them to get some stabilizing patches in there and upgrade my rig before the end of the year (EQ Next looms...) I'll give it shot when winter rolls around.

Banned

Looking at reviews on Steam...

Apparently, three hours before release the minimum spec requirements to run the game were changed. Tons of people who preordered are getting constant crashes and bad rendering or can't run the game at all now; only people with top of the line rigs are getting anywhere and even they're having some issues.

Reviews for the console version are thus far pretty good...seeing a lot of similar feedback on the Batmobile being clunky and feeling a bit too GTA for this series, but its a good 12 hours of story content + 12 more hours of story added with the side missions and then the DLC on top of it. Awesome!

Definitely glad I waited on this; they have some shit to iron out and this gives me time for them to get some stabilizing patches in there and upgrade my rig before the end of the year (EQ Next looms...) I'll give it shot when winter rolls around.

I havent picked it up yet, but I am not really looking forward to the batmobile that much. First time I saw game play I knew it would be really clunky. I wont be able to play till this weekend, but Im excited

Game is in my hand. No way i can play prior to 9pm but it will be a go at that time.

Any thoughts? No spoilers please.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Any thoughts? No spoilers please.
    Do you like the games? Then you'll like this one. There is TOO much batmobile but it's not a game breaker (and the batmobile is generally fun so only when it gets really excessive does it pose a problem). I'm like 5 hours in, i think it's well worth it.

Don't bother with the DLC, the Harley One is garbage so i can't imagine the $40 package being worth it.