Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Emmanuel Mudiay could possibly change the rules of the NCAA

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    But according to ISH's basketball experts, the Euroleague is a lower level than USA high school basketball, and according to people like gabepizza that post here, the Chinese Basketball Association is also better than the Euroleague.........

No one has ever said either of these things.

It makes sense that young NBA prospects would have trouble getting PT in Europe. Why bother teaching some young gun your system if you aren't going to reap the rewards of their prime?

In the NBA young guys get undeserved PT to help grow their game, because it can make them more valuable in the long run.

No one argues that the seriousness and level of strategy in Euroleague is any lower than the NBA. Its just that all the most talented players want to earn those big NBA contracts. Plus the USA has the most basketball players and the best infrastructure for youth bball, so we produce the most star-level prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    No one has ever said either of these things.

It makes sense that young NBA prospects would have trouble getting PT in Europe. Why bother teaching some young gun your system if you aren't going to reap the rewards of their prime?

In the NBA young guys get undeserved PT to help grow their game, because it can make them more valuable in the long run.

No one argues that the seriousness and level of strategy in Euroleague is any lower than the NBA. Its just that all the most talented players want to earn those big NBA contracts. Plus the USA has the most basketball players and the best infrastructure for youth bball, so we produce the most star-level prospects.
    It's been said thousands of times in this forum, and in dozens of threads YOU POSTED IN.

And Jennings got normal playing time in Europe. He got around 18-19 minutes per game, when most of the best players only average about 25 and typical top players average around 20-22.

That whole "he didn't get minutes" bullshit is a made up excuse by Americans that simply isn't true. He just played bad.

If the NBA had such incredible players as you suggest, the NBA would have more than ONE good team in it, and it would not need to have rules like defensive 3 seconds, no hand checking, "star calls", "special refs treatment" and on and on.

Yet, for some strange reason it has all of that such reffing, it has those kinds of rules, and it only had ONE good team in the entire league last season.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-31-2014 at 01:52 PM.

It's been said thousands of times in this forum, and in dozens of threads YOU POSTED IN.

And Jennings got normal playing time in Europe. he got around 18-19 minutes per game, when most of the best players only average about 25 and typical top players average around 20-22.

That whole "he didn't get minutes" bullshit is a made up excuse by Americans that simply isn't true. He just played bad.

If the NBA had such incredible players as you suggest, the NBA would have more than ONE good team in it, and it would not need to have rules like defensive 3 seconds, no hand checking, "star calls", "special refs treatment" and on and on.

Yet, for some strange reason it has all of that such reffing, it has those kinds of rules, and it only had ONE good team in the entire league last season.

If you honestly think that our American NBA stars wouldn't tear up Europe I can't help you. I actually enjoy European basketball and the FIBA Europe tournament, but I can see the difference. Yes American ball has more improvisation than European ball, but that's because our best players are just better. Kevin Durant and Melo would be completely unstoppable. There are probably 50 NBA players who could be the Euroleage MVP next year.

That being said, a huge number of American role players could be replaced with more effective Euros.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I'm all for paying players as long as they forgo their scholarship as their paid. No reason for the rest of the student body to also compensate for their free rides.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    If you honestly think that our American NBA stars wouldn't tear up Europe I can't help you. I actually enjoy European basketball and the FIBA Europe tournament, but I can see the difference. Yes American ball has more improvisation than European ball, but that's because our best players are just better. Kevin Durant and Melo would be completely unstoppable. There are probably 50 NBA players who could be the Euroleage MVP next year.

That being said, a huge number of American role players could be replaced with more effective Euros.
    In other words, you are insane and have an IQ below 65.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by mattvNJ
    my fellow scarlet knight quincy da goat douby haha.

Btw shut up euroleague, you guys are bums. No one cares about your vendetta to prove people Euroleague is better than the NBA. Just never gonna happen.

On topic, Mudiay is stepping down a slippery path with this
    Quincy Douby is ballin out of control in Asia just like Andrew Goudeluck in Europe. They are tearing new holes looking like a beast among sacrificial lambs.
    Regarding minor leagues like Euroleague, story have been the same. We want their best prospects and they want our scrubs and rejects. Just look at Olympiacos, they have 7 our scrubs in their team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Quincy Douby is ballin out of control in Asia just like Andrew Goudeluck in Europe. They are tearing new holes looking like a beast among sacrificial lambs.
    Regarding minor leagues like Euroleague, story have been the same. We want their best prospects and they want our scrubs and rejects. Just look at Olympiacos, they have 7 our scrubs in their team.
    Houston Rockets are Olympiacos reject center. The players that Olympiacos CUTS go to Houston to play. The players that even Houston BEGS TO PLAY THERE that are Olympiacos players..........the Olympiacos players tell them to go to hell.

Players that were among the worst Olympiacos players of the last 10 years.....are on the Houston Rockets roster.

And this is a team that makes the playoffs in the Western Conference playoffs.

He's projected as the first overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft. What do you think is his ceiling??

Local High School Star

But according to ISH's basketball experts, the Euroleague is a lower level than USA high school basketball, and according to people like gabepizza that post here, the Chinese Basketball Association is also better than the Euroleague.........

I don't understand how you haven't been banned from this site yet.

He's now one of my favorite young players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlQvu5L0zM0

http://blip.tv/ballislife/emmanuel-m...lassic-6493641

He out played Wiggins as a Junior.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    He's projected as the first overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft. What do you think is his ceiling??
    Reminds me of Derrick rose with john walls body

If NBA makes it mandatory 2 year in college/out of HS then NCAA can kiss all of these players good bye. Nobody will play 2 years for free when you could get millions playing overseas for 2 years. I mean, seeing guys injuries like the one Paul George just took and guys will start thinking that playing for free and risking injury is not worth more than going for the guaranteed millions overseas.

And honestly, shit makes me happy. NCAA needs to stop making all of that money from using these young people.

He did scored 18 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists in his debut game. But his team won against Ron Artest's team.

He struggled in the first half, but once he adjusted his game he scored his points.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 11-01-2014 at 12:18 AM.