Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Did anyone else see those Kenyon Martin ticks?

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Right, I think a lot of us are acknowledging the fact it's always existed. I'm just saying I'd like to see an official claim as to what it can be attributed toward. I understand he had a stuttering problem as a youngster, but I was not previously aware it could manifest itself in a lifelong tic.
    He's always had a bad stutter/tick. There is no advanced medical condition, that's what it is.

Banned

No video? I've never seen a K-Mart interview...

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    He's always had a bad stutter/tick. There is no advanced medical condition, that's what it is.
    That's what I'm looking to verify. It's just always seemed to be folks claiming they felt they knew what it was, as opposed to there being a reference. It's clearly not a big deal, just a point of curiosity. It seemed to go beyond the normal "th-th-th-th-the other team played well" type of stutter.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    That's what I'm looking to verify. It's just always seemed to be folks claiming they felt they knew what it was, as opposed to there being a reference. It's clearly not a big deal, just a point of curiosity. It seemed to go beyond the normal "th-th-th-th-the other team played well" type of stutter.
    It's gotten a lot better that's why. He's worked on it his entire life. He said he became such a hard ass because when he was a kid he was bullied over it. So he started beating kids up. Funny thing is his first interview about joining Clippers he shared this with interviewer and flat out said something like "And if you make fun of my stutter right now I'll beat your ass too". I was like damn... still a sensitive subject I guess.