Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Open Letter to D Rose

Let's forget the last 2 years you didn't play.
    Please don't think that I am not aware of your desire to help your team to the best of your ability, that you are really trying to attack more, lead your team, play defense and be really be aggresive.
    But there is ONE think I ask when you have the ball,when you have that urge to fire from 25 feet, and ask your heart and mind,
    is this shot the BEST shot that my team can get for this important possession?

For the year, you have been shooting 5.4 attempts and missing 69% of them.
    Yes, your limb must be feeling some pain, or that hard foul from the opposing center would really hurt once you attack more. But remember, you have Pau as your teammate, he can initiate that inside out play, or Butler can score too, heck even that Brooks can hit those shots. Noah and Taj can get that jumphook once they pin thier man inside. Believe it of not, Snell is a good shooter too.
    Incase you are wondering how many shots are your colleagues are taking from the 3pt line.
    Tony Parker- 1.3 shots.
    Russel Westbrook, 3.3
    John Wall, 2.5,
    CP3, IS TAKING 4.5 but he is making 40% of them.
    Jeff Van Gundy said it best when he is calling the Cavs game yesterday.
    ONe attribute if the team is locked in and focussed in winning it all is when a player passes up a good shot for a GREAT SHOT!.

Default Re: Open Letter to D Rose

Completely agree. He's thinking he's Curry or Klay. I get he's trying to stay injure free but that's not his shot.
    Yeah some days he makes 4 or 5 3pt in a game but it's not often and it doesn't balances out the 1/6 nights. Just not smart basketball.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

I've always maintained that the bulls will be as good as the decisions Rose makes with the ball.

I think the Bulls could have legitimately beat the Heat in the playoffs that one year had Rose not decided to go 1 v. 1 against Lebron over and over and over again.

rose should keep shooting those 3's, he wont succumb to mediocrity like some other players. before last game, for the 5-6 games prior he was shooting 50 percent from 3's. hes starting to round out.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    I've always maintained that the bulls will be as good as the decisions Rose makes with the ball.

I think the Bulls could have legitimately beat the Heat in the playoffs that one year had Rose not decided to go 1 v. 1 against Lebron over and over and over again.

Not with how the heat were defending the Bulls

Boozer was battling turf toe and useless
    Noah wasnt 1/6 of the offensive player he is today
    Bogans was absolutely horrendous
    And deng is a solid player but could never create his own shot

The heat would trap rose as soon as he crossed half court trying to get it out of his hands. As much as I like to think that Bulls team could have beat the heat, I now realize that they were too overmatched offensively...
    Rose had the guts to try and take it over, but it simply wasn't gonna work with what the heat tried to do.
    Last edited by The_Pharcyde; 01-26-2015 at 11:21 PM.

P.S. tell Thibs to stop playing hinrich and to make sure he keeps developing the rookies Instead of burying them on the bench.

Hinrich f.cks up more than the rookies

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

The guy has never even been what i would say is a GOOD 3 point shooter...to be taking as many as he takes and shoot what he does...is ludicrous. He and Kobrick this season are ridiculous with the 3pt chucking.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    The guy has never even been what i would say is a GOOD 3 point shooter...to be taking as many as he takes and shoot what he does...is ludicrous. He and Kobrick this season are ridiculous with the 3pt chucking.

He's streaky.

Some games they never look like going in, other games I hope he shoots the 3.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13

You think Rose is going decision mode via Lebron style??? He about to abandon ship or will he stay with his home team in Chicago. Can't wait to watch on espn

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    He's streaky.

When it evens out to a 31% clip it's probably best for him to lay off.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    When it evens out to a 31% clip it's probably best for him to lay off.
    mind your own business.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    mind your own business.
    Why are you always so hostile Nathaniel? Is something going on in your life? There is no need to lash out at your ISH brothers, remember it's always the darkest just before the dawn, all you have to do is hold on.

Learning to shoot layups

just rose stop shooting 3's

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    He's streaky.

That is why I really think we need to go to the facts, as in percentages.
    His career 3pt% is 31.2%, ONLY once did he shot higher than 33.9%,
    4 out of 6 career yrs, he shot below 32%
    Some players just don't have that great soft leathery touch, the key is recognizing it. There are reasons why Rondo and Parker don't take them a lot but they find ways to be deadly for their team
    btw Kirk has career 37.6% from the 3pt line for 10 years with Chicago. I understand that he has a limited midrange game and worse is he can't penetrate....
    Going back to Rose, it's not like he is playing along side Thabo and Perkins or some very limited teammates. Butler and Pau has been doing pretty well offensively. Brooks has been good too.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 01-27-2015 at 12:28 AM.

Good college starter

Perhaps he need to work more on his midrange game. After all those injuries he has to evolve somehow.