Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Default Re: shooting arm sleeves

Quote Originally Posted by NBA4EVER
    not everyone wears McDavid, NIKE, ADIDAS, AIR JORDAN also make all that stuff NBA players wear. Most people who wear McDavid are usually sponsored by them, same for Nike, adidas, air jordan. I can pretty much guarantee that you will not find LeBron or Kobe wearing a mcdavid or adidas padding

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    got me

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    Surely lebron wearing mcdavid stuf must break sum rules in his contract with nike?
    or perhaps nike don't make anything similar so mcdavid are not considered a competitor?
    Anyone know?

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

I use them on occasion. I don't think it helps that much with shooting, but it does keep the sweat from going down to the palm of my shooting hand.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by r1kk12
    Surely lebron wearing mcdavid stuf must break sum rules in his contract with nike?
    or perhaps nike don't make anything similar so mcdavid are not considered a competitor?
    Anyone know?
    I think they have contracts for certain accessories or wear. Ex. his Nike contract might have been only for shoes. For example he wears NBA socks and headband and that is ok. Another example is Dwyane Wade wears Converse shoes but he also wears the McDavid vest and the thudd shorts as well.

As for the compression shorts, Nike DOES make them as well. The McDavid ones are called McDavid Hexpad Thudd shorts, the Nike ones are called Nike Pro Deflex shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0
    I think they have contracts for certain accessories or wear. Ex. his Nike contract might have been only for shoes. For example he wears NBA socks and headband and that is ok. Another example is Dwyane Wade wears Converse shoes but he also wears the McDavid vest and the thudd shorts as well.

As for the compression shorts, Nike DOES make them as well. The McDavid ones are called McDavid Hexpad Thudd shorts, the Nike ones are called Nike Pro Deflex shorts.
    Thank you, that's what i've been trying to say. Mcdavid isn't the only one who makes those padded shorts

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
    a shooting sleve is not going to stop tendinitis in your elbow. he would need to put a lot more pressure on it.

i would say at least 2-3 players per team in the NBA wear shooting sleves give or take.

im surprised they haven't banned it like they did to tights a couple of years back..
    It depends what you are getting.

These are to look cool

These actually protect your elbow and actually have padding

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0
    It depends what you are getting.

These are to look cool

These actually protect your elbow and actually have padding
    right again