Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Thompson assist falsely credited to LeBron for his "triple double" vs Pelicans

From reddit...

All the top stories and headlines were screaming that LeBron had a triple-double (even reddit!) and Game Time app has even sent a message, tough there wasn't any when CP3 or RR also had triple-double.
    And you know what? LeBron hadn't his 38th regular season and 49th overall triple-double last night.
    His stat line should be 32 pts, 12 reb and 9 ast. Back in the third quarter, when the Kyrie scored an acrobatic layup (and traveled, too) it was Tristan Thompson who passed the ball, not LeBron. However, if you see at NBA.com's and ESPN's play-by-play you find that the assist was awarded to James.
    Here are play-by-play screens and here is the play. I'm looking forward to see if NBA is gonna change that and then maybe send a message to my GameTime app. Would be fair enough!

First of all, that wasn't even an assist to Thompson, much less Lebron. It was just Kyrie running the floor, he took more than a dribble. Anyway The NBA does stat corrections, as far as I know. But maybe not when the corrected stats might negatively impact one King James.

Default Re: Thompson assist falsely credited to LeBron for his "triple double" vs Pelicans

I wonder how many more assists he has been falsely given for his career.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Default Re: Thompson assist falsely credited to LeBron for his "triple double" vs Pelicans

Exposed.

Bron even needs help from the stat sheet people.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe

There was a thread made about this by A.W. before.

The difference in home game assists vs away game assists. Because the home team chooses their stat keeper and not the NBA front office. So assists will always be skewed in some sense.

I remember during the playoffs Westbrook got his triple double against the Clippers when he passed it to Ibaka and Ibaka posted up and took like nine seconds to shoot after the pass. Even Jeff Van Gundy made fun of the fact that was recorded as an assist.

So, when it comes to assists, I think everyone gets a little stat boost.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

His last assist was the funniest.. on a PnR with kyrie lebron passed it to him.. kyrie pump faked, jab stepped and shot it like 4-5 seconds after lebron passed it to him.

In that case.. is the last pass to any shot an assist?

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    There was a thread made about this by A.W. before.

The difference in home game assists vs away game assists. Because the home team chooses their stat keeper and not the NBA front office. So assists will always be skewed in some sense.

I remember during the playoffs Westbrook got his triple double against the Clippers when he passed it to Ibaka and Ibaka posted up and took like nine seconds to shoot after the pass. Even Jeff Van Gundy made fun of the fact that was recorded as an assist.
    http://deadspin.com/5345287/the-conf...ba-scorekeeper

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe

It's funny how stuff like this only gets noticed when someone doesn't like the player in question. This happens all the time, league wide, there is no reason other than an agenda to point it out. Does LBJ's non triple double make the Cavs lose, no... so who cares. It's situations like this, again, league wide, that contribute to stats being an inaccurate measure of a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenith
    It's funny how stuff like this only gets noticed when someone doesn't like the player in question. This happens all the time, league wide, there is no reason other than an agenda to point it out. Does LBJ's non triple double make the Cavs lose, no... so who cares. It's situations like this, again, league wide, that contribute to stats being an inaccurate measure of a player.
    Have nothing against him, just LOL at his stans that don't even watch the games, getting exposed like this

I like LeBron. I like Kobe too, and Durant. But that's not the point of this thread.

My biggest issue is that the play in question was counted as an assist in the first place. If you're taking several dribbles, it wasn't an assisted basket. This happens with Rondo and CP3 and there have been numerous threads about how their assists are bullshit too. It's not good for the league. LeBron's game simply happens to be high profile and JUST happened. I'll make a thread about a falsely credited Rondo triple double too when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    I like LeBron. I like Kobe too, and Durant. But that's not the point of this thread.

My biggest issue is that the play in question was counted as an assist in the first place. If you're taking several dribbles, it wasn't an assisted basket. This happens with Rondo and CP3 and there have been numerous threads about how their assists are bullshit too. It's not good for the league. LeBron's game simply happens to be high profile and JUST happened. I'll make a thread about a falsely credited Rondo triple double too when it happens.
    i noticed that, cp3's stat keeper is really lenient.
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 11-11-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

1. That aint no goddamn assist.

2. Kyrie did not travel, OP is saltier than a bag of pork rinds.

3. [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/Haskel45/post-38657-Friday-I-dont-give-a-****-gif-SOGE_zps2dte0brk.gif[/img]
    Last edited by Akhenaten; 11-11-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaten
    1. That aint no goddamn assist.

2. Kyrie did not travel, OP is saltier than a bag of pork rinds.

3. [img]http://img.pandawhale.com/post-38657-Friday-I-dont-give-a-****-gif-SOGE.gif[/img]
    1. You're correct, not an assist

2. I didn't say that, that's quoted, work on your reading comprehension genius

3. Nice broken link.

Banned

Really? A pass to 3/4 court where a guy goes 1 on 2 and scores on a borderline reverse contested layup is an assist? Jesus christ

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus

If you want to make a thread about the league wide issue of bad stat keeping, why did you point out a single player?

Same thing goes for the "superstar call" problem, people focus on bad calls one player gets rather than the fact it's a league wide problem.

When one player is singled out for something that is a widespread problem, it just sounds petty.

It's like pointing out that certain person didn't come to a complete stop at a stop sign when everyone knows, that it happens all over the place, all the time.

If you want to make a thread about the league wide issue of bad stat keeping, why did you point out a single player?

Same thing goes for the "superstar call" problem, people focus on bad calls one player gets rather than the fact it's a league wide problem.

When one player is singled out for something that is a widespread problem, it just sounds petty.

It's like pointing out that certain person didn't come to a complete stop at a stop sign when everyone knows, that it happens all over the place, all the time.
    Well excuse me for singling out LeBron amongst the numerous players who had triple doubles yesterday...
    Last edited by oarabbus; 11-11-2014 at 04:10 PM.