Very good NBA starter

Default Lebron ref help is becoming a 'thing'

I don't know how much longer the league can keep it up, every stadium crowd, every coach, every player, every commentator sees it.

Default Re: Lebron ref help is becoming a 'thing'

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    I don't know how much longer the league can keep it up, every stadium crowd, every coach, every player, every commentator sees it.
    I love LeBron but I'm willing to be objective about this. He gets star treatment in a lot of ways but over the course of time I feel like it mostly happens on the defensive end, where he often gets away with a lot of physical contact.

Offensively there have been countless instances where he's gotten Melo'd and not gotten calls while driving. He definitely gets the benefit of a lot of whistles overall but there are a lot of superstars who get more preferential treatment. It's obvious but it's not on some ridiculous level above other great players in the league.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

He's a fraud.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ScalsFan21
    I love LeBron but I'm willing to be objective about this. He gets star treatment in a lot of ways but over the course of time I feel like it mostly happens on the defensive end, where he often gets away with a lot of physical contact.

Offensively there have been countless instances where he's gotten Melo'd and not gotten calls while driving. He definitely gets the benefit of a lot of whistles overall but there are a lot of superstars who get more preferential treatment. It's obvious but it's not on some ridiculous level above other great players in the league.
    I'll try to be objective too, the difference is a guy like MJ, he got away with some dirty stuff on D, but at least he was subbtle about it, doing stuff like poking people in the ribs or controlling with hands of refs blind angles.

Lebron gets away with extremely obvious stuff like stiff arms on offense. Extremely obvious. Other stars just get the 50-50 calls, Lebron gets the 90-10 calls.

I'll try to be objective too, the difference is a guy like MJ, he got away with some dirty stuff on D, but at least he was subbtle about it, doing stuff like poking people in the ribs or controlling with hands of refs blind angles.

Lebron gets away with extremely obvious stuff like stiff arms on offense. Extremely obvious. Other stars just get the 50-50 calls, Lebron gets the 90-10 calls.
    I mean you really couldn't touch Jordan either. I agree there was more subtlety to his infractions in some ways, but the fact is he had a Hardenesque "can't touch this" ref support on offense while on D getting to benefit from the more defense-friendly 80s/90s.

Still, I feel like it kind of comes with the territory when you reach the level those guys did.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ScalsFan21
    I mean you really couldn't touch Jordan either. I agree there was more subtlety to his infractions in some ways, but the fact is he had a Hardenesque "can't touch this" ref support on offense while on D getting to benefit from the more defense-friendly 80s/90s.

Still, I feel like it kind of comes with the territory when you reach the level those guys did.
    You could touch Jordan. Happened all the time.

Lebald's entire career has been a fraud, most intelligent people are aware of it

From ESPN Stats: When the Cavs' committed their first defensive foul in the first half, there was 28:40 that had gone by since they committed a foul at the 1:37 mark of the third quarter in Game 3. Dwane Casey's head may explode.

You could touch Jordan. Happened all the time.
    I don't mean like he could just flail his arms and get the call, but I do think that by the standards of that era, he got away with a near-equivalent amount of murder as some of today's stars including LeBron.

I don't even like watching LeBron get away with stiff arms but it's hard to blame him for doing it since he knows how rarely it is called. You can't really hate on a player for doing what is obviously being given to him. It's a valid criticism of the officiating, no question there. I wish games were refereed entirely fairly with no attention paid to who the players are as much as anyone, but the Green/Jones suspension situation again showed that the league just puts certain things over fairness, and it probably will always be that way.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

What do you mean 'becoming' a thing? Its been like this for a long time. Don't you remember the Miami Cheat era?

Calling out the refs for rigging gets you fined but howcome the refs dont get fined for rigging? Everyone in the league is subject to fines and suspensions.... BUT NOT THE REFS.

WTF? Why are they immune?

Very good NBA starter

Think about it.

So far it has cost people $50.000 to call out what a fraud Lebron is. Two coaches now getting fined.

NBA just fined what amounts to a years salary for an ordinary well paid person, just to shut up people calling him out.

Such an objective argument.

If your a cavs fan he doesn't get enough fouls and if you not a fan your wrong