Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Who'd rather build your franchise on: Shaquille O'Neal or Wilt Chamberlain?

Your team has the 1st draft choice and you need a great center. Who's your choice between the two?

Default Re: Who'd rather build your franchise on: Shaquille O'Neal or Wilt Chamberlain?

Touch choice...but only because Wilt's been dead for a while.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Who'd rather build your franchise on: Shaquille O'Neal or Wilt Chamberlain?

Wilt is better than Shaq, so I don't really see how this is debatable.

Good college starter

Shaq with 4 rings anyday.

I personally would take Shaq.

Shaq is much better 0ffensively and always had the will to absolutely destroy his opponents in his Young and Prime years.
    He is the single most Dominant 0ffensive force in the history of the league.
    From 93-02 the only way you could legitimately stop him was to double and triple team him or foul him.
    Even from 03-06 he was a similar force albeit slightly less Dominant.

Shaq is a better Playoff performer and Finals performer and led his teams to far more success.

#1.
    Jordan : Post Season - PER
    Peak : 32
    Top 5 : 30.16
    Top 7 : 29.61
    Top 10 : 28.89
    Top 13 : 28.6

------------------------------------------------------------

#2.
    Shaq : Post Season - PER
    Peak : 31
    Top 5 : 30
    Top 7 : 29.56
    Top 10 : 28.52
    Top 13 : 26.55

------------------------------------------------------------

#3.
    Wilt Chamberlain : Post Season - PER
    Peak : 31.3
    Top 5 : 28.36
    Top 7 : 27.59
    Top 10 : 25.46
    Top 13 : 22.8
    Over 10 and 13 years the difference in Production and Impact really becomes to huge to ignore.
    Wilt was great in his first 5 to 7 years but after that he tails off alot compared to Shaq and Jordan.

Wilt is great though and he is Right after Shaq and Jabbar on my ATCList.
    Last edited by 32Dayz; 11-15-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Shaq. Wilt had to change his game and be traded in order to win.

Banned

I'm sorry but these kinda topics are so useless.. I know it's because of the lockout and all but is there really nothing better to discuss right now?

Serious playground baller miamiandorlando's Avatar

shaq

College superstar

Regul8r's Wilt vs. Shaq post from Real GM
    Hope he doesn't mind me reposting it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Wilt is better than Shaq, so I don't really see how this is debatable.
    What is the argument that Wilt is better and should be ahead of Shaq? Cause I don't see it.

People who disregard postseason play are the only ones who think it isn't close.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by DaPerceive
    What is the argument that Wilt is better and should be ahead of Shaq? Cause I don't see it.
    Better scorer, better rebounder, better passer, better defender, better blocker.

Good college starter

Better scorer, better rebounder, better passer, better defender, better blocker.
    In the 60s, that does not say a lot.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

shaq, that overall career was stupendous

Banned

I'll agree with you that Wilt was the better talent, but that doesn't mean he was the better player and should be ranked above him. I certainly don't think he should be ranked above Shaq in any all-time list. Shaq is just the completely superior post-season performer. For the regular season I would take Wilt, there is nobody I would take over Wilt in the regular season, but for the playoffs I am taking Shaq over Wilt 100 times out of 100.