Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default T-Wolves 1-6 without R.Rubio

And 7-4 with him...

So tell me more about how much he sucks.

Default Re: T-Wolves 1-6 without R.Rubio

The only people hating on him are stat whores and Euroleague. I don't know how anyone who has actually seen what the TWolves look like with him vs without him on court can think the guy isn't good.

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

His impact is definitely underrated, most people refuse to give value to intangibles

I am your soldier!

Swap him with Rondo and the Wolves are way better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    No, Rondo is the most overrated PG in the league. Plays for stats, etc. I mean some would say that a supposed top 10 pg and the best center in the league, mind you the most dominant offensive center since Shaq should be enough to at least have +50.0% record, but nope, not even that is manageable.

I think, it is time to realize what most basketball purist has said all along, Rondo is decent but he is not even close to being a top 10 pg.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    No

Rondo is a cancer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    The only people hating on him are stat whores and Euroleague. I don't know how anyone who has actually seen what the TWolves look like with him vs without him on court can think the guy isn't good.
    This.

He will never be the best player in the league and he'll never be a great scorer. But basketball is a team game and if you can find ways to make your team better then you can be a good player on the right team. If he were on a team with no offensive options he'd suck but on a team with other scorers he can make them better by facilitating them.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Giaodollo
    And 7-4 with him...

So tell me more about how much he sucks.
    Those attacking him don't understand the game at all.

Decent college freshman

He gets slept on b/c he's missed lots of games and is a poor shooter for a position we all want to be effective shooters. His passing is elite and he's great on D.

I think one misleading thing about the record w/o him is the insufficient PG rotation behind him. Lavine shouldn't get mins @ PG unless you want to tank. Tyus Jones is a rookie and Andre Miller has 1 foot in the door as a professor.

Banned

He sucks because he's made of glass and constantly missing a long string of games.

while i agree Rubio is better for the Wolves, I would say their losing record without him is more because of Lavine (who fkng sucks to unbelievable depths) and whoever else is behind him.

give the Wolves a decent back up PG like Lin and i'd say the drop-off wouldn't be as much.

but Lavine? really?

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    while i agree Rubio is better for the Wolves, I would say their losing record without him is more because of Lavine (who fkng sucks to unbelievable depths) and whoever else is behind him.

give the Wolves a decent back up PG like Lin and i'd say the drop-off wouldn't be as much.

but Lavine? really?
    Lavine doesn't " fkng sucks to unbelievable depths".

Last year he was arguably one of the worst players in the NBA. Surprisingly he has been a POSITIVE when he is on the floor as a SG. He is even only a slightly below average defender now.

The guys progression has been astronomical. He still takes some very very stupid shots but he was helped the team this year instead of being a huge detriment like last year.

But in a way you're right, Lavine should be no where near the PG spot. He can put up stats and be a great contributor when he is playing the two, but he sucks ass as a PG. Playing him where he sucks is more on Mitchell than Zach though.

NBA Legend

I don't doubt that he's a valuable player to them during the regular season, when minimal game-planning is done by opponents.

Against good teams in the playoffs who have lots of time to game-plan, there are two types of players who can turn into liabilities: Chuckers (a la kobe) or guys who can't shoot at all (like Rubio). Teams can tempt or force guys like this to shoot and it can be a problem.

So until the Wolves make the playoffs and Rubio proves me wrong, I'll be skeptical. It's nothin personal. Just being objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    I don't doubt that he's a valuable player to them during the regular season, when minimal game-planning is done by opponents.

Against good teams in the playoffs who have lots of time to game-plan, there are two types of players who can turn into liabilities: Chuckers (a la kobe) or guys who can't shoot at all (like Rubio). Teams can tempt or force guys like this to shoot and it can be a problem.

So until the Wolves make the playoffs and Rubio proves me wrong, I'll be skeptical. It's nothin personal. Just being objective.
    Yea...those are the only two types of players...

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA

but Lavine? really?
    Lavine
    For
    Calderon

Both teams win?