Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Andre Iguodala on Stephen Curry: 'I think he's the second best ever'

I have Steph as the 3rd GOAT PG now. He's passed Zeke by at this point. Even though Zeke had more longevity being great, Steph ALREADY has just as many All NBA teams under his belt. ON top of 3 rings, 2 MVPs, and being the greatest shooter of all time. Peak wise, I would give Steph the edge as well.

IF Steph wins a 4th ring, I would move him past the Big O at this point. Which is some HEAVY DUTY SHIT! Because Big O was the GOAT PG for a long ass time. Then has been the 2nd GOAT PG for a long ass time. But Steph's accolades and peak value SUPERCEDE most PG's who had more longevity being great! Thus the reason he can move past Big O. Even though peak wise, I still think Magic and Big O are the top two PG's ever.

But the question is can Steph move past Magic for the #1 slot? That's a tall order because Magic is a top 4-5 GOAT overall. But for Steph to move up the GOAT charts as fast as he has is VERY IMPRESSIVE! Only the greatest of the greats move up the charts that fast!

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Default Re: Andre Iguodala on Stephen Curry: 'I think he's the second best ever'

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    I have Steph as the 3rd GOAT PG now. He's passed Zeke by at this point. Even though Zeke had more longevity being great, Steph ALREADY has just as many All NBA teams under his belt. ON top of 3 rings, 2 MVPs, and being the greatest shooter of all time. Peak wise, I would give Steph the edge as well.

IF Steph wins a 4th ring, I would move him past the Big O at this point. Which is some HEAVY DUTY SHIT! Because Big O was the GOAT PG for a long ass time. Then has been the 2nd GOAT PG for a long ass time. But Steph's accolades and peak value SUPERCEDE most PG's who had more longevity being great! Thus the reason he can move past Big O. Even though peak wise, I still think Magic and Big O are the top two PG's ever.

But the question is can Steph move past Magic for the #1 slot? That's a tall order because Magic is a top 4-5 GOAT overall. But for Steph to move up the GOAT charts as fast as he has is VERY IMPRESSIVE! Only the greatest of the greats move up the charts that fast!

And all the lil guy needed was two FMVP (KD, Iggy) a DPOY draymond and 2nd best shooter in the league history (Klay)

How did he do it

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay
    And all the lil guy needed was two FMVP (KD, Iggy) a DPOY draymond and 2nd best shooter in the league history (Klay)

How did he do it
    The pertinent question here is "How did they do it?" None of them accomplished any of those without Steph.

Quote Originally Posted by !@#$%Vectors!@#
    Watch your mouth boy

lemme guess andre iguodala ISN'T a pathological liar?

that was a foaming at the mouth "put him down already" type of take from iggy. and there's no debating that, whatsoever.

How did he do it
    But look at who Magic had to play with. Look at who Bill Russell had to play with. Look at who Bird got to play with. Those teams were SUPERTEAM caliber as well! So if u are gonna knock Steph u gotta knock those icons as well!

Good college starter

But look at who Magic had to play with. Look at who Bill Russell had to play with. Look at who Bird got to play with. Those teams were SUPERTEAM caliber as well! So if u are gonna knock Steph u gotta knock those icons as well!
    Steph won a championship without KD. Magic never won a ring without Kareem. The Warriors to reach 5 finals won 15 playoffs series. Russell's Celtics to reach 10 straight finals only had to win 11 playoffs series.

Thats fair to say but damn who ever had more help then Curry

Bron got slack for playing with out of prime Wade and Bosh thats just yikes

Bron never had a former MVP player or two FMVP on his team or a prime DPOY or prime GOAT shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit
    Steph won a championship without KD. Magic never won a ring without Kareem. The Warriors to reach 5 finals won 15 playoffs series. Russell's Celtics to reach 10 straight finals only had to win 11 playoffs series.
    Playoff series win numbers matter

Bron = 35
    Goatbe = 33
    Mike = 30

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit
    Magic won MULTIPLE rings without a prime Kareem!!! Get your facts straight! When Magic first got to the Lakers, Kareem was in his prime. In the late 80's, Kareem was PAST HIS PRIME!!!

And I HAD Steph's back in my prior post! My point was several of the greats PLAYED on superteam type rosters! So if people knock Steph, u GOTTA knock several legends then! Because they played on superteam type rosters! That was my BASIC POINT!!!

Thats fair to say but damn who ever had more help then Curry

Bron got slack for playing with out of prime Wade and Bosh thats just yikes

Bron never had a former MVP player or two FMVP on his team or a prime DPOY or prime GOAT shooter.

Bron shouldn't have caught any slack either! KD is the only legend (in terms of being on a superteam) I give some slack to because of his competitive nature. I figured he would want to beat GSW instead of joining them. He was on a team in OKC that was close. BUT if he wanted to leave that's fine. BUT don't join the team that u lost a 3-1 edge to. GSW vs. OKC was poised to be the West rivalry going forward. It was highly anticipated!

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

"If you are nothing without your 3 point shooting, then you don't deserve to be in the GOAT discussion"

Quote Originally Posted by nashwade
    "If you are nothing without your 3 point shooting, then you don't deserve to be in the GOAT discussion"
    This is dumb. Why not eliminate mid-range or the paint?

For the record Klay was the 11th pick, Draymond the 35th pick. I think some of their success can be attributed to playing with Steph.

On another team Draymond probably wont be in playmaking positions as often. Would Green be as valuable playing with Harden/CP3/Lebron? He certainly doesn't have the same impact with KD on the floor.

Klay certainly benefits from the defenses constantly doubling Curry. He also benefits from Curry's playmaking ability.