Default Kobe Bryant's Muse

What did you think about it? Did you watch it?
    I just finished watching it, it was an amazing sort of a documentary, sort of an art project. Great watch, showed me sides of Kobe I've never knew about, things about his life I've never knew about (like Kobe's wife having a mis-carriage back in 04 and so on)

Default Re: Kobe Bryant's Muse

It was cool. There are rumors he made alot of stuff up to appear more human and be more likable. Wouldn't put it past him

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    It was cool. There are rumors he made alot of stuff up to appear more human and be more likable. Wouldn't put it past him
    Sounds about right.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...228-story.html

It's a project he initiated, executive produced and controlled with the precision he brings to his management of the Lakers offense. His aim with the project, he explains, is to enlighten and inspire by showcasing his influences and "muses."

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    But if you've seen him what things would you say he "made up"?
    Cause he was retelling his story while adding a few extra mini stories or details, none of them seemed faked, most of them even had photos of it happening

bump

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    That was my impression too. Given how bad Kobe's name or "brand" is right now, it did feel like a political campaign to boost his reputation. He realizes he's near the end and the fact that no stars want to play with him or past teammates left him for less money has damaged his rep. So he did this documentary. Kobe is a very intelligent man and shrewd enough to do something like this. I felt the whole time that all his troubles that were documented were just excuses to why he acted the way he did and played (selfish ball at times) the way he did.

It just didn't seem completely genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    That was my impression too. Given how bad Kobe's name or "brand" is right now, it did feel like a political campaign to boost his reputation. He realizes he's near the end and the fact that no stars want to play with him or past teammates left him for less money has damaged his rep. So he did this documentary. Kobe is a very intelligent man and shrewd enough to do something like this. I felt the whole time that all his troubles that were documented were just excuses to why he acted the way he did and played (selfish ball at times) the way he did.

It just didn't seem completely genuine.
    which part?